May 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

(E.O.) #501

You are amazing!

(back and doublin' down) #502

ahhhh…:blush:

I love this thread! Almost sad to say that I broke my fast this morning, 86 hours. Just didn’t feel good anymore.

Don’t feel good now either. Not sure if it was the 3 mile hike or the lunch. :frowning:

(Steve) #503

Always best to listen to your body! We’re all in this for the long haul - healing takes time!! :slight_smile:

(Allie) #504

Well done @Paendora :+1:
That’s how it’s supposed to be done.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #505

Yeeeey my first ever successfully broken fast:
2 Tbsp of philium husks in a cup of water.
30 min later 2 Tbsp worth of pickled cucumber
1 Cup of coffee with HWC

Ran errands for 3 hours.
Wilted arugula in butter. Soon ready to have my steak

(back and doublin' down) #506

Congrats!!! gives me hope for next time.

I didn’t have the explosive, fast track to the facilities issues, but sheeesh, even though I ate fairly carefully, I felt awful most of the evening. ugh. made me wish I hadn’t eaten, given the comparison to how I felt fasting. Back to IF today, will keep a short eating window and planning full calories (that’s to keep up the BMR, righ?) the next couple of days. and plenty of purposeful movement.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #507

I decided to not break my fast in the evening anymore so it doesn’t interfere with my sleep.
Explosives or not, discomfort is not cool.
You will get it right! I wrote down what I had and what symptoms so I would know what to avoid next time.
For example.: nuts are de biggest ever no no for me…

(E.O.) #508

Great idea.

(Allie) #509

I’m planning to start an EF tomorrow but there are storms so bad they feel apocalyptic so not sure how much sleep I’ll get and if I don’t sleep, I’ll struggle to fast, especially as I didn’t sleep much last night. Also due to storms but nowhere near this bad.

Fasting for me tomorrow too, will see how it goes & play it by ear!

(KCKO, KCFO) #511

Yeah, I learned no sleep and stormy weather make for very short fasting windows. Stay dry. Fast when the storm has passed you by.

(Candy Lind) #512

Wow, lots of lightening strikes! Was there hail or heavy wind? I’m a storm spotter in the US - this is the time of year all the storm chasers take their vacations.

(Allie) #513

Masses of lightening but all in the air so no strikes, although a few were loud enough to sound like strikes. Went on for hours. Someone nearby said there were balls of hail like golf balls but I stayed indoors. The rain was horrific though, lots of flooding in neighbours houses. My garden flooded but it didn’t come into the house thankfully.

(Allie) #514

Well I’m starting my planned fast with a fatty coffee because of bad sleep due to the storms mentioned above. I’d like to try and keep to my plan for this week if possible so giving myself a bit of extra help to get through the first day.

I’m Suffolk- we didn’t have all that, missed us. Hope your fast goes okay.

(Rob) #516

How did no-one comment about not feeding it after midnight? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #517

I don’t remember if I already said it Capt’n, bit it has to be said.

I love your sense of humor XD :rofl::rofl::rofl:

(Allie) #518

So much flooding here. The lake near home where I look after the water birds is completely devastated, even the birds that nest in the trees have had their nests destroyed as the water is now so high. Never seen it so bad :anguished:

(Rob) #519

My parents are in Cambridge and they mentioned the storms but not flooding. Pretty localized, maybe. You’d think the water birds would be fine but I guess nests don’t float :flushed:

I have to say when I first read that you were rushing out for the swans, I made the keto/carnivore assumption that you’d received special dispensation from the Queen to eat swans that died of natural causes (she’s not a monster) and that there was one available on a first come first cooked basis. Just how my warped mind works :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #520

Did you survive stormpocalypse? :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain::astonished:

Ah. Didn’t read to the bottom. Glad you’re alright but for the sleep.