May 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

(Allie) #381

I look after local water birds. Not anything official but people know me and know I’ll help.

(Dawn) #382

I am extending my fast a little longer this time. I am getting some good results and I feel FANTASTIC. It is amazing how little food our bodies actually NEED (not crave, not want, but actually NEED) to survive and thrive. I did some heavy dancing so I made sure to take a little broth and keto aid to keep everything calm. I am suddenly having trouble sleeping. I am waking up about 3 hours early with a TON of energy. That is kinda weird, but I have experienced it before when have a successful fast. Not sure when I will eat again right now. I have to take it one day at a time and see how I feel. I def won’t be going over 7 days though.

(Allie) #383

I’m currently at 60 hours and feeling ok. Wouldn’t say great but considering stress levels in life in general, not bad at all. I’m doing much better than I have done on other recent fasts.

(Allie) #384

Argh headache :grimacing:
I’m out to try and keep busy but my head is pounding… 64 hours.

(Allie) #385

I managed to get through grocery shopping without buying anything I didn’t actually need despite being on day three of my fast. Impressed myself :joy: Not actually hungry but this headache is getting to me…

(Allan L) #386

Good going @Shortstuff. Grocery shopping when fasted can be my downfall!

I will start another ADF this afternoon. Due to chronic upset tummy I can usually only manage ADF 3 days a week. Longest I have managed is 60 hours!

(Allie) #387

I was aiming at 72 but may extend to 84… how’s the AD suiting you @allan? I’ve been doing it too and Thurs was meant to be a 36 hour thing but I kept going :joy:

Next week I’m planning to try ZC combined with IF to see how that works for me.

(Allie) #388

I’m approaching 72 hours now (another 15 mins) and still fine. Just finished an hour of yoga, did a back session before that and have walked over ten miles today. I’ve no intention of stopping just yet, will go until morning at least.

(Candy Lind) #389

Did you try salting it? Since I started keto, every one of my headaches has gone away with a dose of salt.

(Allie) #390

Yes I increase salt when fasting but always get a headache. Thankfully my gym session seemed to shift it nicely :blush:

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #391

Hello, everyone! Checking in for May. Doing good and also behaving!

Stuck at 120lbs, but blood sugar is stable, so can’t complain!

Will read up! So much to catch up on!

(Allie) #392

84 hour update.

Feeling fine, sleep not brilliant but more due to noisy selfish neighbours than anything else.

Ketone 6.7
Glucose 3.4

I’m having a fatty coffee with a sprinkling of LoSalt added but no actual hunger now.

(Allie) #393

Got to 90 hours before deciding to stop. I feel ok, but am conscious of tomorrow being a work day so I’d prefer to get back to eating today rather than feeling cold and miserable sitting at my desk tomorrow :heart:

(KCKO, KCFO) #394

Soooo sad. Just keep eating the right stuff and ignore his carbage crap.

(Allie) #395

I just checked bloods and interestingly enough, even though I’ve had two meals today, ketones are still up at 4.6 and glucose is 3.7

You did well, 90 hours! & swan rescue too…

Just starting another 48hr fast, Monday mornings & fasting just go well together! Not managing black coffee very well at the moment, it had to be white this morning…
Wishing everyone fasting a strong day!

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #398

I’m going to find out today!

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #399

I’m going to jump in with 3 days alternate day fasting M/W/F. I’ve been messing around on and off keto for months and I’m sick of it. I followed this protocol at the end of last Summer with great success in terms of weight and inches lost.

Having MCT, butter, HWC and/or coconut oil in coffee and tea as needed in the beginning.

(KCKO, KCFO) #400

I had a refeeding day yesterday broke the Zornfast Sunday at breakfast. Today eating isn’t sounding so great to me so far, so I am just going to listen to my signals and go with them. Had coffee with a dash of hwc while DH had his breakfast. I’m thinking a one meal day today, but If I can I’ll go for 36hrs. I’ll see if my body agrees with my mind today.