May 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

Just lolling here cos my friend is freaking out about having to fast for 24 hours before a colonoscopy and I just told her I did 60 hours this week already. I know the first rule of fasting is don’t tell anyone you’re fasting but it was too good an opportunity to miss. And she’s pretty health-minded and very supportive so no judgement from her, just disbelief. Anyway, I told her to load up on fat and put her big girl pants on. :joy:

99 hours into a week long fast and I’m feeling outstanding!

(Allan L) #363

YAY, another AFD day complete yesterday!

Almost caved @ 9pm last night and had eggs and bacon but focused, dug in and found my inner fasting mojo!

Was so cold yesterday stuck in an aircon office with the sun shining outside, felt so wrong.

(Allie) #364

Just passed 38 hours and I’m sitting at my desk with gym leggings under my jeans, a warm jumper, and bodywarmer over the top… it’s supposed to be summer! :joy:

(Allan L) #365

I have my winter thermal socks on! :wink:

(Allan L) #366

OK, I’ve now had to add a warm jumper.

2 things that cause me to quit a fast earlier than planned and prevent me from doing long EF’s is cold and diarrhoea.

Lucky I work from home 80% of the time so makes this more manageable especially when the tummy starts making the gurgling and growling noises (like right now)

This year I have been very bad with my fasting but slowly finding my fasting power again, have not decided if I will end this fast today, making is another 40hr ADF, or power through until tomorrow. Will just see how it goes with no expectations or self blame either way.

(Allie) #367

Thankfully diarrhea isn’t an issue for me, but the cold is awful. I’m sipping hot water and am wrapped up so warm that when I finally get outside at lunchtime, I’ll end up melting. Afternoons are always easier for me as I go for an hour long walk at lunchtime which warms me up nicely… only 90 mins to go until my walk…

(Robert C) #368

In summary - extended fast and refeed totals:

• 4/30-5/13 down 16 pounds (7.2 kilograms)
  • 5/14-5/18 up 9 pounds (4 kilograms)

Details…

• 215 (97.5 kilograms) down to 199 pounds (90.3 kilograms) for a 5’ 8’’ (1.7 meter tall male) April 30 to May 13 (13-day fast)
  • 199 pounds (90.3 kilograms) up to 208 pounds (94.3 kilograms) May 13 to (Friday) May 18 (4-day refeed - normal keto eating)

Best part is I went from my second belt notch (which had been straining a bit, especially sitting down) to my third belt notch - where I can sit comfortably.

(Victoria Mc Coy) #369

In the home stretch on a five-day fast this week. Rewarded by a loss of 5 lbs since Sunday, of which I will be thrilled to keep 3 after re feeding this weekend. :blush:

I like the cadence of the weekday fast/ weekend keto feast, but think I may try to add some detox support at Day 4 and past after noticing a pattern of feeling worse after a surge of wellness mid week. I listened to a podcast suggesting that released toxins from stored body fat can overburden the body. I was blaming stress yesterday, so now I’m considering if taking a binder of some kind might make the end of my longer fasts more enjoyable for me. Anyone else have experience with adjusting for these kind of things or supplementing with Pectasol C?

(Allie) #370

So my manager is sitting right near me at his desk eating and I’m fasting… he’s eating crap that I would never touch, but still… it’s not helpful!!

(Teresa (turtle)) #371

So he is eating “non-food” right? KCKO, KCFO

(Shayne) #372

My boss is one of those skinny guys that eats all day long and sits maybe 8ft away from me. Some days he drives me crazy.

(Allie) #373

Yes nasty stuff I wouldn’t even class as food… but he’s making it sound nice! :joy:

(Allie) #374

This guy is totally obsessed with NOT eating as he thinks that’s how he can keep his weight low, then when he does eat it’s all the wrong stuff… he won’t listen though.

(Allan L) #375

Yup, I got caught up in a vicious cycle like this for a while. Became lax with Keto and tried to use fasting to repair the damage. It catches up with you eventually and is not a healthy road to go down, some might even call it an eating disorder like bulimia. The refeeding sessions got worse and worse as the cravings became more intense. Fasting & keto win any day!

(Allie) #376

Tbh I am certain he does have an eating disorder as he’s constantly checking his weight and if he sees the scale go up one day, won’t eat the next. Sad situation but I’ve tried to help and can’t get through.

(Allie) #377

48 hours and time for gym. This is normally where I struggle but I’m feeling ok so will give it a go…

Eek, I do check scales daily!! Not a good habit I know, but… Did a 48hr & a 42 hr fast this week, nothing lost, but tries on some clothes which were snug a month or so ago & are now loose, so that’s good.
Not planned to fast again until Monday.

(Allie) #379

Well that didn’t go to plan. Was doing my warm up when I got a call about a swan so had to pull jeans on and run to the local lake :joy:
Now I’m home and cold and tired so getting in an hot bath and going to bed.

(Candy Lind) #380

What do you do? Volunteer animal rescue?