May 2017 Zornfast 18-21

(MakinBacon) #151

38 hours in for me, and I feel great. It seems the more often I fast, the easier it becomes. My first couple of fasts were a struggle to get beyond 24 hours, and 48 seemed like torture. Now it’s so easy for me, I don’t really notice I’m fasting until I get to around day 4ish. And at that point, it starts to become a mental thing for me, rather than physical feelings of hunger. This time I’m going to try to break through that mental barrier and keep going until my body physically tells me I need to stop. I still have plenty of body fat on me, so I know I can go longer without much issue. I lost track, but this is probably my 10th or so fast going beyond 36 hours, and I think number 3 going past 100.

(I am a Dog (Dog's eat until they burst!)) #152

Really great info in this quote! I may try to join in late as it is almost lunch time on the 18th, and go until lunch on Saturday when we are going out with the kids for my wife’s birthday–that will mean 48 hours but that is good for now. Thanks for the inspiration to fast!

(Lauren) #153

I may be finishing this fast from prison. My fiance decided NOW was a great fucking time to cook a couple of pounds of bacon. Something we usually do on Sundays. Strangulation by bacon rope?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #154

Buy some calcium citrate tablets. Often this is the cause of leg cramps if your sodium is in check.

I have had ZERO leg cramps for over TWO years now ever since @Donna told me about it

Just purchased them on Amazon since I’m not supplementing Calcium and have had just a few leg cramps. Thanks for the advice.

(Griffin Mekelburg) #156

what is your take on calcium supps not being too beneficial for you? I only saw this thread and began looking into in last night, you are one smart (keto)cookie when it comes to this stuff lmao so wonder what is your perspective on calcium supplements not being entirely beneficial. Clearly they have not had ill-effect on you, just like everything in life its probably just a matter of moderation :slight_smile:

(Griffin Mekelburg) #157

maybe a bacon sheet woven from bacon, put over face so he suffocates from the same intoxicating smell that is slowly killing you as well rofl

things get morbid mid-fast lmao :laughing:

Now 36 hours in (water and black coffee only) and ketones at 5.2. Yowza.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #159

I take them solely to prevent leg cramps. I don’t take them for bone strength. I have incredible bone density from years of being 100 pounds heavier and practicing weightlifting at the gym each week now.

My bone density is off the charts. I had a DEXA scan recently to assess LBM.

(What The Fast?!) #160

WHOAAAA!!! Did you work out as well yesterday to get them so high?

No, yesterday I just walked, but I did do strength training right before I started the fast. I seem to get into ketosis pretty easily in general, though. On most normal days I am between 2 and 3.

(What The Fast?!) #162

That is incredible!! My highest so far has been 2.8 (that was today, 35 hours into fasting) and before that was 2.7, the day after a 3 hour bike ride with lots of hills.
How long have you been doing keto?

Almost 10 months now. Still a newbie at fasting.

(What The Fast?!) #164

2 months for me, this is my first fast! Woo hoo! Just a baby fast (36ish hours) - I’m about to go break it here in a few.

(Griffin Mekelburg) #165

good to know! thanks for the insight :slight_smile:

(Griffin Mekelburg) #166

Great Work!! How are you feeling thus far in the fast? where was your biggest struggle? Ive been doing Keto on and off roughly a year and a half, and have done IF longest before was 24 hours. Currently im at 40:48 on this fast!! It is incredible the difference the second day lol not nearly as much hunger pains and took enough supps i have no headaches! Love seeing others beginning on fasts and see how they also improve, such a fascinating way to heal the body and it is still so “taboo” in the mainstream

(Togipeidia) #167

18 hours in feeling great I’m excited to do my first Zorn fast

(Becky) #168

15.5 hours in! The longest I’ve fasted so far. I forgot my supplements home. So just water today. I plan to stop to buy the ingredients for ketoaide on my way home. My stomach is beginning to growl. I need to break this 5 month stall!

(Roxanne) #169

Since I started asking a calcium citrate tablet to my supplements (I already took magnesium and selenium) my leg cramps have decreased…thanks Brenda!

Just ordered some, thanks. I like that those have D3 too since I already supplement that.