Calcium Supplements

(Steve Stephenson) #1

Many people assume that by using a calcium based supplement they will create a stronger bone structure. Unfortunately so do dieticians and doctors, but Dr Jason Fung in his video analysis The Calcium Story concludes with:

and implicates heart disease and cancer:

So my take-away is that calcium supplements are poison in general, and dairy is poison for cancer patients.

Osteoporosis and constipation
May 2017 Zornfast 18-21
(Anna) #2

Steve,
Thanks for this information. My doctor is insisting that I take calcium supplements. I just had a gut feeling not to. I some osteopenia in my right hip. I need to do some resistance training right?

Anna

(Larry) #3

I’m 65. Five years ago my osteopath took me ( and wife ) off of calcium supplements, and put us on vitamins K-2 and D-3. He believes calcium supplements are detrimental to most over 50 years, and not of benefit to most under 50.
In 15 months, my bone density was back to normal, as it remains today. Everyone is different, you have to find out what works for you

(Griffin Mekelburg) #4

Very good to know! I just ordered some Magnesium Potassium Aspartate and noticed my wife already had Calcium Magnesium Potassium supps, guess I’ll be switching those out!

(Steve Stephenson) #5

I eat one can of sardines (with bones) every day, which gives me about 1/2 the calcium Dr Fung suggests, but I’m also eating zero carb so I’m hoping the meat adds to that or spares it.

I’m also following Dr Kate’s suggestions on Vit’s A, D3, and K2 MK7 for regulating the flow of calcium in the body.

Frequently! And find and enroll in a Bone Builders class.

(KCKO, KCFO) #6

Just found this, I had stumbled on Jason’s video The calcium story on youtube. Came here to post about it and found this thread.

If you have not viewed the whole thing, please do. Too much calcium is a bad thing. The guys trying to prove it is good show it is bad in their data. Here is the link if you missed it above.