Matthead Pizza. Dare I say it?

fathead
pizza
carlshead

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #121

Easiest crust I’ve made yet, it’s a winner! Thank you for taking the time for the detailed pictures, they are extremely helpful.

(Linda Kaufman) #122

I tried to make this pizza yesterday and this crust is just divine.

(Kent) #123

I am aware that I am responding to a 2 plus year old post but I wanted to pass along an option for those who need a non almond flour version. I have a daughter that is allergic to almonds so I started playing around with replacing the almond flour with coconut flour. My experience is that coconut flour is significantly drier than almond flour. So following the Matthead pizza recipe instructions works great, but I substitute my ingredient changes as follows:

CRUST
170g grated cheese mozzarella
60g coconut flour (normally 85g of almond flour)
40g cream cheese
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
Pinch of salt
1 egg (normally no egg)

TOPPINGS
Pepperoni
Jimmy Dean original sausage cooked before you make the dough
black olives
mushrooms
shredded Mozzarella cheese to preference
Rao’s Pizza sauce

Preheat your oven to 425F

Follow the Mattshead pizza preparation instructions . . . .

I hope this is useful for those of you that have almond flour allergies.

(Bob M) #124

Another use for these, nachos:

We made this last night, and it was great! I have a hard time with Fat Head pizza – it’s a lot of cheese for me if the topping is cheese. However, using it for nachos is great. I recommend putting the meat on a plate/bowl, adding cheese (and putting in the micro-doesn’t really melt as the recipe says it will), toppings, then putting the nachos around the meat.

(Jill Carpenter aka space coast spinster) #125

My only concern is buying pre shredded cheese.
They use potato starch or corn starch sometimes so it doesn’t stick together.

For me personally it’s those kind of additives that can mess me up.

Otherwise it looks fabulous!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #126

I never do either, I just grate a couple cups at a time from a block. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Sammy J Shuford) #129

@matt

is it necessary to flip crust, I normally go oblong circle on stone. Fliting may not be easy?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #130

I don’t know about Matt’s version, but when I use the recipe from the movie Fathead, I don’t bother to flip the crusts, and they come out just fine. However, the baking powder in this recipe might require flipping, I don’t know.

(Sammy J Shuford) #131

I cooked his recipe tonight. No flip, no problems. Very happy to find this recipe.