MARCH 2019 IF/EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #363

I ended my fast yesterday at 24 hours. I felt okay, I was just grumpy and wanted to eat. Still grumpy today (over some work stuff, I’ll get over it) so eating TMAD today, I’ll do the same this weekend and then start up a new fast on Sunday. Hope you all are well!! Happy Friday folks!

(Heather) #364

Ended my fast yesterday at 5:30 yesterday for a total of 142.5 hours. Not quite the 7 days I was hoping for, but I’m happy with it. I refed yesterday and will again today and then maybe do a 72 hour starting Saturday…we’ll see.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #365

This is amazing! Hope to build up to that too now that the weather is better…

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #366

I know the grumpy feeling too well. It will pass :hugs: KCKO KCFO

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #367

Woot!!! :muscle::boom:

Just started to break my Fast at 116.5 hrs. (Had some Sauerkraut, a Salad and a small can Sardines) And in about an hour, will be eating a Porterhouse Steak, Dungeness Crab & Shrimp. :slight_smile: … Will also be keeping a eye out for the April 2019 IF/EF Chat thread to pop in here soon. :slight_smile:

(Heather) #369

@Hardrock_keto_chick Thank you! I was so determined this time and it was glorious! So much so, that I was actually having dreams of breaking the fast and being so disappointed in myself. That got me through a couple of days :grin:. And, heck yeah, this warmer weather and sunshine really helps! :sunglasses:

(Heather) #370

Thank you!

@Robinette71, I was just saying something similar about dialing in eat to satiety skills and things not seeming to budge despite sticking to carbs counts and fasting. I have this weird feeling that my body is just waiting for me to give up, like I usually do. But I’m having none of that. KCKO.

I’m getting close to wrapping up a 42-hour fast. I’ve discovered that I feel at loose ends around dinner time. I’m done at my desk for the day, I don’t want to plop in front of the TV, I don’t want to go run errands because the traffic is bad and the shops are busy. Yesterday, I actually cooked, because I wanted to prep something that I wanted to eat today. I kept thinking what a fruitcake I am–fasting, but cooking. I must be getting the hang of this IF thing, because I wasn’t compelled to eat. If that keeps up, I might start doing some slow cooker recipes that I want to have go overnight.

(Liz ) #372

Lol! But seriously, the first time I fasted through a dinner time & my husband got his own food I was miserable, let me tell you that was unexpected!! I thought I’d love a break, but apparently not. So now I always make dinner whether or not I’m eating and that keeps things feeling normal.

I was going to take this weekend off from fasting but this morning I thought “Let’s see, I haven’t eaten yet today so that starts the fast from last night after dinner…” So here I am, 17 hours in or so, going for 90 again probably.

(RossanaF) #373

Sorry for the late reply, had some eye problems. Thank you for the extended reply! I am fascinated by being able to fast for more than 2days. So far on my first one 2 weeks ago I went 52 hrs and this week 48, I seem to really want to eat by the second evening and don’t make it to the third day. I am not hungry but grouchy and want to eat. I will keep trying! I know I’m fixing my body and have lost 7 lbs, so I’m very happy.

(RossanaF) #374

Thank you for all this information! The graph is amazing! I have bought a keto-mojo to know exactly how my ketosis is. I thought the sticks were not working but it was me! Lol! I guess I needed to be much lower in carbs than I thought. If I eat 10-15 carbs I am out if ketosis. I go into the purple range only if I stay close to zero. Worth buying it! Next week I have guests but the following I will try to break the 50 hrs fast, I haven’t been able to do that the last 2 weeks.

(Windmill Tilter) #375

I’m glad it was helpful. It’s great that you were able to figure out what was kicking you out of ketosis, although it’s a bit of a bummer that such a small carb load will do the job. My guess is that the longer you stay in ketosis, the more durable you will find it, and the less sensitive you are to carbs knocking you out. Now that you have a keto Mojo, you’ll be able to watch your progress! :slightly_smiling_face:

I started keto at the beginning of February after learning that I have type 2 diabetes. My blood sugars are under control and I’ve lost about 20 lbs. I’m about 20 hours into my second 24 hour fast. My energy is okay but I feel rather nauseated and have a headache. For some reason it seems like the first 24 hour fast was easier. Ugh.

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #377

How long did you take in between 24 hour fasts? Any time you are nauseated you should break your fast. It’s okay to be hungry, but it’s not okay to feel unwell.

Congrats on the first 24 lbs down and getting your blood sugars under control!

Thank you! The first fast was just like 2-3 days ago. It went so well that I thought I’d do it again. The whole question of feeling unwell is confusing because there is all this talk about keto flu and not feeling good until you’re fat adapted. So, it’s hard to know when to push through. My blood sugar is okay (86.4 mg/dL) and ketones are good (2.9 mmol/L).

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #379

It is okay to break your fast. You can try again in a few days.

Also, are you getting enough salt and water? Are you fat adapted?

I’ve been drinking a lot of water but haven’t consumed any fat today. I’m not sure if I’m fat adapted. I feel better than when I first started 2 months ago. I felt okay much of today but started to feel less well in the last hour or so.

I meant salt…

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #382

You can see how you feel having a little fat. Maybe a pat of butter. This is typically breaking a fast but if you are not feeling well and you fell better after that it may mean you are not fat adapted. It took me months to get fully fat adapted. Lots of 18/6 Time Restricted Feeding then 24 hr fasts then longer ones. My 2nd or 3rd EF I did not feel well and just gave in an ate. Got better quickly. Waited a week (but did IF 18/6 most of that week) and went to 42 hours I think? It’s been like 5 months ago.