March 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

(Stephanie Sablich) #61

Wow, best of luck to you!!

(Renee Slaughter) #62

On board this month. Next Thurs- Sunday. Bring it.

(Allie) #63

Iā€™m feeling really good with the alternate day fasting but too soon to say what effect itā€™ll have on my bodyā€¦ Iā€™m good with the feeling good though! :grinning:

(Liz ) #64

Iā€™m still here! Lurking :smile: Trying an approach where I lower my protein (from 70-90g/day to 50-60). Probably only do IF while I try this for a week or two to see if I am one of those that needs to eat less protein to lose weight. After I figure that out, if I ever do lol, Iā€™ll start up weekly EF again, or maybe I wonā€™t have to?

Still doing intermittent fasting 8pm to 4pm, hoping to EF Sunday to Thursday this week water only fast. Lowest weight has been 147.3, hoping to really break this plateau and get my weight moving down again.

(KCKO, KCFO) #66

Sounds like a wise plan. Also you have lost a lot and while you want to lose more, your body will appreciate the break from fasting so it can reset at this lower weight, before moving on down.

(KCKO, KCFO) #67

@ssablich, Hang in there. Everyone is eating in class? Is that what you meant by ā€œall of these people around me eatingā€ How wrong is that? They should be keeping busy taking notes, paying attention to the lecturer, etc. Set a good example for them :innocent:

(KCKO, KCFO) #68

I am fasting along with over 300 others on the IDM community group fast, yeah, Brenda is leading that one too. Started at 9 PM Sunday night and hope to make it to 9 PM tonight.

I signed up and got two months for free, so will do a total of three months with the IDM community. Dr. Fung and Megan are doing additional videos for that plan. She is taking questions and doing the videos around those questions, so they are good ones. I think you can still sign up for a free month now. I was one of the first to sign up so got in on the 2 freebies.

But I honestly think I will stop at the end of the three months, between these forums and podcasts and a FB group run by Daisy of Keto Woman podcast I think I am getting enough info and support to see me through any rough spots.

KCFO
KCKO

(Stephanie Sablich) #69

I did it, friends!! Thanks for the supportive forum :slight_smile:

@collaroygal, yes. To be fair, they are three hour intensive classes and even when Iā€™m not eating I struggle with paying attention the whole time too :slight_smile:

(Hala) #70

How much weight u lost in 7 days fasting ?

Is that your weight? Youā€™ve been stuck there? I am stuck at 144 since I started keto four months ago! Anything that worked for you so far to lose weight or inches?

(What The Fast?!) #73

Fasting is the only thing thatā€™s worked (and just BARELY) so far. I started keto at 148 a year agoā€¦

OMGā€¦so itā€™s not only me! And from your handleā€¦are you struggling with hunger too? If so, how do you handle fasting? So far I can barely do IF and Iā€™m STARVING all through!

(What The Fast?!) #75

I do a fatty meal before I start a fast and thatā€™s helps. Most people donā€™t have a lot of hunger on a fast, especially after day 2. I find each fast is a little different, sometimes Iā€™m ravenous and sometimes itā€™s fine. The other thing that seems to help a lot of people (and I just started this) is doing IF that ends at lunch time, instead of dinner time.

I did a very fatty mean at 9 pm yesterday, intending to do my first 24 hour fast, but I barely made it to 3 pm today and had to break the fast. Everyone says the hunger eventually goes away or at least lessens drastically on keto and Iā€™m still waiting for this to happen to me. :frowning:

And if you didnā€™t lose any weight in a year, did you lose any inches? I so far havenā€™t lost either!

(What The Fast?!) #78

Same. But the first few fasts you do are really mind over matter. I find any creamer or sweetener in coffee makes hunger worse. For me, itā€™s just making a decision to fast for a specific length of time and sticking to it. Your body can totally do it, itā€™s all mental. Also. You have to get used to ā€œflexing your fasting muscle.ā€ :slight_smile: It gets easier.

If you get hungry, take some Himalayan or sea salt, that helps. Also, La Croix!

Guess Iā€™ll have to try fasting longer than 16 hours on days when Iā€™m not at home all day. As I work from home, itā€™s so easy to keep listening to the persistent emptiness cramps. And yes, I do know nothing will happen to my body (but good things) but the hunger was what drove me to keto in the first place, and so far I guess itā€™s a bit better, but it remains my biggest struggle. But I guess a distraction at first will help.

Also Iā€™ve been keeping to my macros and not going above the recommended calories, then going above them to see if anything will budge. So far, I went down a couple of pounds then just went back up again, as if this weight is a fixed number. My measurements havenā€™t changed either.

Iā€™m on day 3 of my first 5-day fast. My longest to date was 3 days. Iā€™m feeling great so far and looking forward to my keto feast days this weekend. Will probably have broth for my first fast-breaking meal.

I feel like weā€™re in a similar spot- maybe we can help each other out!
I started at 155lbs in mid January, so thatā€™s the lowest Iā€™ve gotten to, and I hit 147 after 2 weeks starting Keto.
Reducing my eating window through IF has been helping a bit, but I think I may need to recalculate my macros. What is your goal?