Manufacturer's cream - where to buy?

(Duncan Kerridge) #21

We’re the fattest

(Todd Allen) #22

Must be nice being ruled by a benevolent queen instead of greedy corporations sucking the fat out of our milk and cream.

(Todd Allen) #23

Just checked my Irish Kerrygold butter, it lists 11 g fat per 14 g serving which with rounding might be 80%. It does have a nicer texture than the domestic butters I’ve tried.

(bulkbiker) #24

Not sure about the benevolent queen… Sir Elton isn’t in charge yet…(very UK joke) .We have just as many nasty corporations as you guys I fear… but I’m sure that fat gets recycled somewhere into other foods… I just need to find them all…

(Stickin' with mammoth) #25

Geez, no wonder Half and Half tastes like water to me now!

I recently discovered 40% Extra Heavy Whipping Cream at a restaurant supply store called Cash and Carry for less per pint than the regular heavy whipping cream at the grocery store. (They have a lot of great deals on meat, too.) I can definitely taste the difference. I’m so spoiled now that I can’t get coffeehouse coffee anymore because nothing they have to offer can compare. I literally have the best coffee in town!

About carbs, though: it’s listed as less than 1 gram of carb per tablespoon. Anyone care to fathom a guess exactly how much that would be at 40% milkfat? I eat enough of it in a day to want to know.

(Todd Allen) #26

If cream is the only ingredient of the HWC then I’d expect the carbs to be negligible. Unfortunately most HWC is “improved” with additives like carrageenan and gums which might contribute carbs. Supposedly ultrapasteurization reduces the whippability and the additives fix it. HWC processed with the old fashioned slower lower temp pasteurization doesn’t need the additives.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #27

Good to know, thanks.

I’m gonna apply 0.8 grams of carbs per serving for everything <1 g as sort of a median number.

(Sophie) #28

Why aren’t you guys making your own? We’ve already discussed it. Changed my life, I tell ya!
https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/how-to-make-yes-make-double-cream-in-the-us/7045

Yes JustPeachy, a girl after my own heart. Once you’ve had it thick and creamy nothing compares :grinning:

(Sophie) #30

I just bought one of those occasional boxes of luscious strawberries, so I see a round of heavy pumping action in my near future. This is my kind of exercise baby! :smile:

I get 1/2 gallon Darigold 40% HWC at Cash & Carry for about $10. Take a peek at one of your local restaurant supply stores.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #32

Must be an echo in here. Yodel-ay-hee-hoooooo!

(Bacon, Not Stirred) #33

I have no Costo or Meijer’s. I only have Aldi, Cub, Super One, Walmart and Sam’s Club. Sad face!

Is this Keto friendly? https://www.luckyvitamin.com/p-1842426-let-s-do-organic-organic-non-dairy-heavy-coconut-cream-13-5-oz?site=google_base&LanguageCode=EN&locale=en-US&utm_source=google&utm_medium=PLA&scid=scplp167376&sc_intid=167376&utmp_campaign=SC_Shopping_Campaign_Mid_Margin&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInPbPuaXO1QIVFGB-Ch3MkQB1EAkYESABEgLzefD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I used to buy raw cream and make my own butter and creme fraisch. There are many states in the u.s. where it is available. Here is a link to find if it’s available near you. https://www.realmilk.com/real-milk-finder/

(Todd Allen) #36

I haven’t tried that brand but I like coconut cream. At 0 g carbs per 1 tablespoon serving I doubt you can go wrong unless you don’t like coconut.

(Todd Allen) #37

Thanks, from your link I’ve discovered a couple new options to explore here in Chicago. Got my fingers crossed I’ll find something I like.

(Becky) #38

I just read that restaurant depot gives one day passes. I haven’t tried it yet. I plan to try it soon to buy 40% Heavy cream.

My general sympathies to those who struggle to find cream with a high fat percentage. We’re lucky here in Australia - it’s quite easy to find 45% to 55% cream in most supermarkets (and they’re delish, if a bit hard to work with because they’re very thick).

And also - butter at only 69% fat? Eh? Do they stretch it with water or what?