Make BPC on the go - strategies?

Ok - so I am probably over thinking this - sorry in advance. I am heading to a conference but don’t want to be away from my BPC for that long. How do you guys/gals take it with your? I have found a small inexpensive frother that will work - but not sure about MCT on the road.

Here is the forther I am going to get - nice and cheap!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018TCWL8O/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1N0E68JKTZBNR

I see the brand Bullettproof has a product call Instamix that looks promising, but does not get good reviews and is said to taste horrible. I could get some MCT powder easy or capsules is enough and buy some HWC there. I do the unicorn fuel so I can just mix them up.

But - if someone has a better idea let me know!

(Meeping up the Science!) #2

I used MCT on the road in a small 1/2 oz amber bottle. However don’t do what I did, uh, and froth the coffee if it’s too close to the lid! It may have gone all over the place. Make sure it’s 1/3 empty at the top :wink:

(eat more) #3

i make bpc “nuggets”
melt butter and coconut oil down, pour in candy molds, pop in freezer or fridge, once solidified, pop them out into preferred storage method :slightly_smiling_face:
(mine are in a baggie in the fridge)

(Mike W.) #4

That’s genius!

(Christina Hansen) #5

Personally, I don’t bother with the frother/mixer. If you’ve got your ingredients, just put them in some sort of appropriate sealed drinking container and shake like the dickens. It’ll be just fine.

(Guardian of the bacon) #6

I use one of these in the 20 oz size. Never spills and will easily keep coffee hot 12+ hours. Nice one hand operation. Fits most cup holders.

Wife and I each have one, Both get used daily. They both had the button come loose after a few weeks of use. We superglued the button back on and no problems since.

https://www.amazon.com/Stanley-Classic-Hand-Vacuum-Hammertone/dp/B00E0DZOHM/ref=pd_sim_468_3?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=QPHKJMYTWDMZPJ663BBA&th=1

(Patrick B.) #7

Ha… That’s the frother I use at home… It is a go-getter…

Thanks, just ordered one.

(John) #9

I use that frother too, get batteries.

Roger that, Chief

(Jo Lo) #11

Quest dry MCT oil powder is one way to go, Creamy, and I never had stomach issues. Good idea to use the frother.

(David) #12

I can vouch for these. Don’t make your BPC in it if you’re planning on drinking it within the next hour or two.

Unless you have an asbestos gob.

This just happened. I’m yet to try it (what could possibly go wrong?)

Just a vacuum sealer, made up some smaller pouches and put in some instant, butter, and coconut oil (my standard keto-coffee concoction).

I’m going to be potentially away from home for 24-36 hours over the weekend while my wife goes to hospital, so I’ll bring a few of these as an emergency supply.

(David) #14

Keto coffee sachets. Genius.

(David) #15

The more I think about this, the more I’m loving the idea … I have a forthcoming business trip to Germany for 2 days, and this would be fantastic.

Recommendations for vacuum sealers are needed please.

Same here, looking for vacuum sealer recommendations, for this and a variety of other reasons such as sous vide cooking.

My vacuum sealer is from Aldi (in Australia), but they only sell it once a year. I think it was about $AUD50 or something, others are generally more expensive.

(eat more) #18

costco (you knew i was going to say that right?)

Foodsaver - they have it all the time, not just a random item and it’s costco if it doesn’t fit your needs then returning it is easy peasy

(David) #19

How did they work out?

Did they melt at all? My tubs of coconut oil melted in my hire car, these vacuum packed pouches look like a good deal better to handle.

(David) #20

Sat here at Schönefeld Flughafen. Sadly no coconut oil left but I did get some butter from the breakfast buffet, and with my travel frother, a Stanley mug, and a Grosse Kaffee zum mitnehmen I have a high-fat creamy coffee for my flight.