Make BPC on the go - strategies?

(Camille ) #21

Trader Joes (USA) has shelf stable HWC in the baking aisle (If you have access to a TJ’s) I’m sure other stores have it too. This is what I throw in my suitcase when I’m traveling so I don’t have to find it once I get to my destination. TJ’s also has coconut oil packets which I carry in my bag. It’s more expensive per ounce than the jar, but slightly more portable especially in hot climates. I just deal with the oil slick thing when traveling, but I love the shaker bottle idea!!

(Allie) #23

I have coffee bags at work, MCT powder, butter, and my milk frother.

(Suzi Smotrycz-Guilford) #24

Bodum makes a to go French press if you are picky about your coffee. This and the frother would be awesome!!

Slightly off topic, but not TOO far off:

Anyone have problems keeping their “To Go” BPC vessel clean? I have Contigo with the “easy clean” top and even though I let it soak in Dawn and water for a few hours and rinse, I am still seeing fat build-up in the lid mechanisms that I can’t easily get to to clean. I guess I’m going to have a tiny brush and use that in addition to just soap and water, but I can’t be the only with this issue, right?
Sue

(Jen ) #26

@Susan777 I make my BPC in my Ninja blender to blend everything together. I now have a designated blender cup for my BPC due to the “oil slick”. The best solution I have come up with thus far is to soak with Dawn, run through the dishwasher, and then hand wash the cup after the dishwasher. It’s still never comes all the way “clean” but at least the dishwasher sterilizes it?

(Ruthanne Robertson) #27

I have an IKEA milk frothier from Amazon. My most travel ready coffee is called “Fat Fuel”. It’s on Amazon, they also have an unsweetened cocoa mix. The beverages come in sachets, add hot water and froth. It’s a bit pricey, but great for getting fat coffee in more limited circumstances. I’ve tried other instant keto coffees, this has better flavor.

Thanks for the ideas. You don’t have a problem with the hot BPC exploding in your Ninja? I have a Nutribullet but you’re not supposed to use hot fluids in it and I’m afraid the extra pressure that would build up would cause a coffee and fat explosion in my kitchen.

I guess the oil slicks and fat build-ups in our travel mugs is just something we have to deal with… the benefits definitely outweigh the inconvenience.
Sue

(Jen ) #29

I haven’t had it explode yet… lol (knocking on wood). The only downside for me is that it somehow the Ninja cools the temp of the hot liquid down significantly. I only pulse it for 10 seconds maximum.

(Jacob Wagner) #30

Are there any good alternatives for no coffee drinkers?

I drink coffee only when I need caffene, which is almost never in the morning.

–Jacob

(Jen ) #31

Hey Jacob!
I’m not supposed to drink coffee often due to stomach issues, but I bought some ChocZero from Amazon- it has 1g net carbs. I made bulletproof cocoa yesterday and it was soooo good! It is sweetened with monk fruit so no funky sugar alcohols or artificial sweeteners. It was $12 for 23 servings.

I do need to go grocery shopping and I’m going to look at diabetic hot cocoa mixes as they will be lower in carbs than regular hot cocoa. If I can’t find anything I’ll just keep getting it from Amazon- worth every penny!

(Mike W.) #32

I have 2 Contigos I swap day to day. I usually put in a little Dawn and then half full of hot water. Put the lid on, give it a few hard shakes and let it sit for 5-10 mins. Flip it over and let the water/soap drain out of the drinking hole and the vent. Then rinse with water and gtg :wink:

OK, that’s pretty much what I do. I get home from work, take the Contigo right to the sink, few drops of Dawn, lots of hot water, shake hard, let some soapy water run through the spout, then leave it standing in the sink upside for a few hours. Before bed I run some more through the spout and rinse, but I am noticing a white gunk on the inner lid workings. I have the “easy clean” top and I wonder if there are just too many more parts in that lid to get in there and clean it thoroughly. Maybe I’ll buy another WITHOUT the easy clean lid and see if that’s easier to clean.

Thanks.
Sue

(Mike W.) #34

I also throw it in the dishwasher once a week.

(Nancy ) #35

Tea, herbal tea