(Lucy) #22

(Lucy) #23

(Lucy) #24

(Lucy) #25

(Lucy) #26

(Lucy) #27

(Lucy) #28

(PJ) #29

Thank you SO MUCH for posting these!! I have a lot to watch!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #30

Wow, just wow. This is a very good one. Dave covers a lot of experiments and the measured outcomes are dramatic.

(Lucy) #31

(Lucy) #32

(Lucy) #33

(Bunny) #34

Omg! Dr. Gerber is awesome, I think he has this entire thing nailed to the wallā€¦wow just wow!

He thinks like me!

Iā€™m not easily impressed but that was just amazing!

Thank you @lucenya!!! What a wonderful resource - am especially happy to see Priyanka Wali MD there - looking forward to taking the time to watch some of these.

(Bunny) #36

I think he is correct with one slight difference it is when you add the free sugars to that mix is when you run into the problems? Just like wheat germ and wild rice could theoretically replace meat if you did not have access to it? That is why some vegans are so successful especially vegan body builders!

I personally would not go that route but Iā€™m open minded (on any subject), neutral and open to anything having to do with dietary sciences and possibilities?

What if you lived in a country or under impoverished conditions where you did not have access to meat or saturated fats from meat, what would you do?

Footnotes:

[1] SEAFOOD FOR VEGANS? A DIVE INTO SEAWEED AND ALGAE (DHA & EPA for Vegans?)

[2] Getting Choline on a Vegetarian or Vegan Diet

[3] Can You Get Enough Vitamin K On A Vegan Diet?

(Lucy) #37

(Lucy) #39

(PJ) #40

Thatā€™s the first time Iā€™ve seen any reference to lipedema in the lowcarb world. About damn time. How on earth 10-11% of females in the western world could be allegedly suffering with this, a type of (lower body and sometimes upper arm) fat that does not just go away with ā€˜diet and exercise,ā€™ and yet itā€™s not even taught in medical school (nor ever mentioned before even invasive surgeries that will never deal with that fat), is just beyond me. I havenā€™t watched the video yet, I just saw the word on the title of it.

(PJ) #41

Ah Turns out he never even mentioned lipedema the official syndrome, he was merely talking about the bodyā€™s processing of carbs vs fats.

I liked Gerberā€™s talk, though a bit of the complex diagrams science I find eye-crossing, but I felt likeā€¦ like he had some important point underlying that which he never actually made. Or maybe he just made a different point than I expected. (Or maybe it is just over my head so I didnā€™t get it.)

That is to say, I thought he was going to basically say (based on the early part of the speech), that while low-carb high-fat diets were ā€œcorrectiveā€ for (insert-long-list-here), that they were not an indefinite solution, not to say something highly different would need to happen, but to say that something slightly variant might need to happen. Maybe certain nutrients that become more important to weight maintenance than they were to the correcting process for example.

In the end I felt like he was suggesting that due to the body handling fat as energy differently, at a point in the process where actually less energy came of it, that it actually amounted to getting less calories than we think (in terms of the inner process), and so ā€¦ er ā€¦ well I think he was saying, at that point, calories do matter. But that doesnā€™t actually explain so much about why, or about hormonal differences, or most importantly, about how to stop the ā€˜checkmark dynamicā€™ (weight loss, then regain) that seems to come with every approach to it even lowcarb.

Sorry Iā€™m just thinking on paper. I just feel like I heard all the words but was expecting some underlying understanding or meaning that I never got from it.