Leg Cramp n=1 guidance needed + updates to follow

(Edith) #41

I’m wondering… how do you determine how much potassium you get from your food? Packaged food doesn’t always have potassium content listed, and My Fitness Pal doesn’t either. Is Cronometer good for that?

(Ron) #42

Yes Cronometer tracks that. As supplements and what is in the foods you list.
Capture

(Empress of the Unexpected) #43

Thanks, I enjoyed the thread. Hope you post often on your Keto journey!

(Vijay Bhakta) #44

Hi Edith, as Ron has said, Cronometer does track the minerals. I have used the fitbit food tracker and my fitness pal in the past but I found them both frustrating to use. Cronometer though is awesome, and one thing I really like is that they have a curation team which checks the nutrition values and updates their central databases with “official” values. You can submit your own food for them to include via the app, taking pics of both the packaging and the nutrition label and then entering some of the details - its a good system.

You can also create your own foods and recipes very easily.

Tracking macros and minerals is very easy, you can set your own levels for any element and have a customised dashboard - this is mine for minerals

Give it a go - a top tip, download/use the free version and sign up for the emails, over the first week, you will get sent tips and then on the 7th day, I got a coupon for 20 or 30% off the gold subscription. By this time I was hooked on it so gladly paid up. The big difference between the free and gold version for me was the ability to split the food items into categories (breakfast, lunch, supplements, alcohol etc) and later, the ability to add custom biometrics such as leg cramps, # nighttime bathroom visits etc.

It also takes data from various fitness trackers / health devices too.