Leaky Gut test and the impact of PKD (By dr. Boz.)

(Ian) #1

I though some might find this video by Dr. Boz of interest. The title does not really give a proper understanding of the content.

My Cole’s Notes (YMMV):

Basically the video is about consumption of PEG 400, to assess gut permeability or leaky gut.

PEG 400 is a low molecular weight mixture of a select number of hydrophilic polyethylene glycol molecules with a very specific range of molecular weights and therefore molecular sizes. Dr. Boz mistakenly calls them proteins. Because they have very low toxicity they are already used in many pharmaceutical products.

They are consumed and then measured in the urine. Different sized PEG’s get absorbed in different areas of the gut. The more PEG you have in your urine the more leaky your gut is and more likely you are to suffer autoimmune responses. A keto diet and an even more aggressive Paleo Keto Diet (PKD) appear to reduce gut permeability and reduce a whole host of associated gut related disorders…

An example of Crohn’s disease successfully treated after 10 months on the paleolithic ketogenic diet, with improvements in gut permeability shown with the PEG 400 challenge test.

http://www.ijcasereportsandimages.com/archive/2016/009-2016-ijcri/CR-10690-09-2016-toth/ijcri-1069009201690-toth-full-text.php

(Bunny) #2

In my opinion band-aid (reducing permeability?) approaches are nice (“special diets”) but why not reverse it (seal it up?) with bone broth, real gelatin from animal hooves, Japanese potato’s (why the Japanese live so long; longevity factors) and soil based probiotics (actual spores that don’t get destroyed in the gut) ect…

Note: The Dr. I got these from actually vibrates cancer cells under a very special and rare electron microscope to figure out how to kill it, and has cured cancer in almost all her patients. These soil based probiotics were custom made for me.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #3

We know that the β-hydroxybutyrate produced on a ketogenic diet has very beneficial effects on the colon. I suspect that a plant-free diet might be even more beneficial than one that allows even a small amount of carbohydrate. It would be very interesting to see the results of an RCT comparing the effects of a standard diet and a ketogenic diet in Crohn’s disease patients.

(Bunny) #4

A small note on that: most if not all the probiotics you buy in the health food stores around the world are for digesting meat and fat not plants?

When I use soil based probiotics, I don’t get that bloating gas effect!

(Bob M) #5

Count me as a disbeliever in probiotics and prebiotics. I tried both for about 6 months, including the soil-based variety, and experienced only detriments, not benefits.

Meanwhile, since then, I’ve reduced my plant consumption and have experienced only benefits, no detriments.

(mole person) #6

I had the exact same experience with probiotics and I spent hundreds of dollars getting the very best ones that they prescibe to help chemotherapy patients get their gut biota back on track. They didn’t help me at all. Carnivore on the other hand has cured me of three awful neurological pain conditions and returned me to a level of perfect health that I haven’t seen in over a decade.

(Heather Meyer) #7

Hmm interesting… I take probiotics in high doses and noticed a profound improvement in gut bloat. I take 120 billion multi strain in 2 doses. Now… of course i cant account for other factors… But it seems to help. I also take a super digestive enzyme.

(Heather Meyer) #8

do you have to see a naturopath or get it at compounding pharmacy?
What is the composition of it?

(mole person) #9

It may help some people with some things. But I think my problem was autoimmune and the result of consuming plants so taking probiotics didn’t help that because I was still doing the thing that was hurting me. My own bloat only got worse with the probiotics which is why I eventually stopped even trying new ones.

(Bunny) #10

Soil microbes, what was in our prehistoric gut including hook worms and others (old friends)…

You can get the soil based stuff online from various sellers and producers.

(bulkbiker) #11

“are a complete and utter waste of money…” corrected that for you…

(Bunny) #12

…That is the truth! Must scream it from the roof tops!

Waste of Money!

(bulkbiker) #13

Wow we’re in agreement… something must be wrong with the force tonight…!

(Carnivore for the win) #14

I had similar results. Several years on an elimination diet with pro and pre biotics with little improvement. Then the last year and a half with very few carbohydrates and major improvement

(Carnivore for the win) #15

Me too. Spent hundreds of dollars over many years on the best probiotics I could get, and my poor health kept spiraling out of control.

I really want to go carnivor as well. Seems like the best option for overall physical and mental health. Just have to figure out how to get it to work for me.

(mole person) #16

What are the issues you face in implementing carnivore?

(Carnivore for the win) #17

I start to feel I’ll after a couple of days. I’m guessing my macros are off as I haven’t tried adding extra fat along with my meat. Or maybe my dairy increased which, for the type I eat, is usually around 1:1 protein to fat. What ratio do you try to achieve for fat to protein? Do you find your overall daily protein increased or stayed the same compared to keto? I really think carnivore, along with fasting, could be the key to sorting out the last of my gut permeability issues.

(mole person) #18

I recently wrote a post that touched on this very issue.

Initially when I went carnivore my protein went way up and it didn’t make me feel good at all. I went from about 60 g on keto to closer 100 g on carnivore. Everything felt shitty. But the medical conditions that I had suffered from for a decade went away entirely. So I didn’t want to quit. I knew my ketones were suffering on carnivore so I decided to try to fix that by trying to achieve the PKD macros of 2:1 fat:protein by weight. It worked. I felt great again.

(mole person) #19

Here is another post that touches on how overeating made me feel crappy at the beginning of carnivore.

(Carnivore for the win) #20

Thanks for the information. I really appreciate it.

I was calculating my macro ratios between fat and protein by calories. I’ll use weight from now on. Have to do some meal planning. :slightly_smiling_face: