Know Brainer

(chris) #1

Found these at the local grocery store in the supposed health food area.
https://myknowbrainer.com/

they are $1.99 each
I have only tried the coffee creamers so far which is what they had available.

Coffee! How to make bulletproof coffee properly?
What's the benefits of drinking ketones
(Duncan Kerridge) #2

Why not just use cream?

(CharleyD) #3

Looks intriguing to us office drones or travellers who may or may not have a fridge, and who would rather not use the white powdery stuff.

I applaud the idea and will look for some to keep in the car and desk.

(chris) #4

its basically portable bpc

(CharleyD) #5

My sampler has come in, will review here. Can’t wait to try them.

(Rob) #6

Can you add these to other hot drinks e.g. sugar-free hot chocolate or even tea? We non-coffee drinkers need to know! :grin:

(CharleyD) #7

I like tea too. There’s too many combinations. Maybe I should start a YouTube channel: 100 subs and I’ll put it in tea, 1000 likes and I’ll put the hazelnut Know Brainer in Chamomile tea, cause I’m a maniac like that :rofl:
Original KB is going in a Mocha Mexican bean Mrs Dipper got me on her recent cruise.

(CharleyD) #8

It goes in looking like melted butter. I use a French Press with water microwaved for 4-5 minutes, and brews for 7-8 mins, 6 TBSP of coffee for a 32oz cup.

(CharleyD) #9

Ok so the Original in coffee feels and tasted like a couple tablespoons of butter blended in it, and I’m pretty stimulated, wheee! :star_struck::money_mouth_face:

I’m thiking my original impressions were spot on for me. This will be great to chug about an hour before TKD class.

Next up will be French Vanilla in Earl Grey.

(Rob) #10

I’ll sign up :grin:

It could be the lazy BPC version of ‘Will it blend’… what will Charley mix it with next?..

(CharleyD) #11

The vanilla bean back complemented the bitter Earl Grey. The mouth feel was soft like butter. Cause it was mostly butter.

Next up, cause I’m feeling pretty stimmed still, will be casein and lactose free hazelnut in chamomile.

(CharleyD) #12

Actually, hazelnut and chamomile ain’t bad. You got a nutty flavor and a flowery flavor mashed up. And the butter fixes my main gripe about teas in general, in that they’re just hot bitter water.
Will try other flavors tomorrow.

Thanks if you’ve followed this long!

(CharleyD) #13

Ok yesterday was a little manic. We had like 7" of snow, in Alabama, nobody was in their right mind. Let’s do it a little more conventional today.

Normal-ish coffee, mocha flavored Know Brainer.

(CharleyD) #14

(CharleyD) #15

Wow that is some coffee flavored coffee. Denis Leary would be proud.

Next up is the Hazelnut Know Brainer in the standard coffee. Only having drank ACV and Lite Salt in water the rest of the day, needing a pick me up after Filet&Scallops Hibachi dinner being my OMAD.

(CharleyD) #16

Ok last one, casein and lactose free vanilla in unflavored coffee.

(Candy Lind) #17

@Dipper_Actual, I think I’m in love … with your countertop!! When I win the lotto, I’m going granite! Oh, and the creamers look pretty good, too, for a person who travels a lot they would be great. Do you think they’d confiscate something like this in airport security?

(CharleyD) #18

Venetian Gold is the type of granite. We love it, since it already looks so dirty, you could drop half a bag of coffee and it’ll just blend in, hah!

They might swipe it in the airport security if they’ve had it before! But no, it’s just a bit of butter, MCT oil, etc. Just tell them it’s got everything in it that’s bad for you.

(Miss E) #19

how was this one? I noticed all the ingredients look decent or great except they say “natural vanilla flavour” which sets off gross after taste alarms in my mouth but also I love love love the idea of being able to get a long black from anywhere and making it instantly keto.

(CharleyD) #20

Ah yeah, my wife is also not a fan of vanilla flavoring. Most of these flavors I don’t recall being overpowering, or really that present for that matter.

Mostly I remember the feel of the butter and MCT oil.

I make my coffee rather strong when it’s french pressed, so if you are interested in experimenting that may be the route to go to ameliorate the vanilla taste.