Coffee! How to make bulletproof coffee properly?

(CharleyD) #14

At least an hour before class.

I also fill a gallon jug in the morning and am sipping it throughout the day. Splashes of Apple Cider Vinegar and Himalayan Pink go in the water cup. I’m generally not thirsty at class and very rarely cramp anymore.

(Ethan) #15

For my workouts, I want faster energy, so I put two scoops of MCT oil powder into a shot of espresso.

(Leon C) #16

I keep seeing Apple Cider Vinegar being mentioned in the videos and articles I’ve been previewing - is there a particular reason as to why it’s used?

(Leon C) #17

I’ve just seen the price of some of the MCT powders. Not cheap, are they!?

(Ethan) #18

Yeah. Nothing is cheap. I use Quest’s product.

(CharleyD) #19

ACV is a miracle, it does so many good things for you, and burns like whisky going down. (been dry since last July so kinda miss some things)

Dr Fung’s writeup on all its uses in IF/metabolism:
https://idmprogram.com/the-benefits-of-vinegar-hormonal-obesity-xxviii/

I’m happy with the tubs of solid coconut oil, from cooking with it to blending into coffee. I’ve got a variety, the regular refined 100% pure for blending to the (generic) organic extra virgin cold pressed for eating/cooking with.

Don’t have a compelling reason for getting MCT oil itself yet. I’ve tried the Know Brainer brand additives for coffee and really enjoyed them and they contain some MCT in them. None of them had the same punch as my big coffee, but I had plenty of energy for running around the house on Xmas vacation.

i like to treat myself with an extra creamy coffee sometimes. I add heavy whipping cream. butter or mct oil, cinnamon and cashew milk and blend it in my ninja bullet. It whips that cream up nicely!

(Leon C) #21

Would this type of coconut oil be what I’m looking for? Have also been looking to cook with coconut oil but haven’t ventured away from cooking in butter, yet. Organic Raw Virgin Coconut Oil 500ml https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00E9VXD9G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_l76AAb4DPC32H

(Leon C) #22

The cinnamon and cashew milk addition sounds absolutely glorious! I’ll add they to my shopping list for tomorrow. Any particular brand you like to use? I’m in the UK so, chances are we won’t have similar brands available but worth a look.

(Ethan) #23

hemp milk is a personal favorite of mine, too.

i use silk brand and it’s unsweetened. almond milk will work too as long as it’s unsweetened but i think cashew is a little more creamy.

(CharleyD) #25

I cook with that, just Walmart store brand.

It’s really very easy, QUALITY coffee, not stale crap in a can for $3. Fresh ground at the correct grind for however your brewing it (makes MUCH more difference than people realize). GOOD grass fed butter. The absolute MOST important a GOOD MCT Oil, crap MCT oil tastes HORRIBLE! If you slug a tablespoon of it and it tastes bad, don’t put that crap in your coffee, it should have near zero taste, just be oil. It takes some playing around with to get right for your tastes. When I first started I bought the bulletproof branded MCT Oil at the time and it tastes like garbage, no clue what they do but it destroyed anything it touched. Then started looking into better ones and haven’t looked back.

Same EXACT crap, half the price! Can’t go wrong. Got 3 in the fridge!

(Pete A) #28

I love this post so many delicious ideas! I simply buy the Walmart brand of Coconut oil (organic, unrefined, exseller pressed). Getting that pure, saturated, tasty fat is the goal which is what led me to put it in coffee.

The chocolate square doesn’t melt well, but that works as it gives it a pleasant chunkiness :grinning:

Excellent to point this out @Dipper_Actual! Most use the fatty coffee as more of a meal replacement vs beverage in addition to a keto meal.

(Mike W.) #30

2x2x2 BPC
2 tbsp Heavy cream
2 tbsp Kerrygold butter
2 tbsp Coconut oil
12 oz GOOD coffee.
Blend in Nutribullet

(Darlene Horsley) #31

My fav is
a good coffee,
HWC 2 T.
VIRGIN coconut oil 1 T.
Butter 1 T
tsp of vanilla extract
Couple of shakes of Ceylon Cinnamon or ground Nutmeg and sometimes both.
1/4 t. Truvia
Blend with a stick blender and savor!

(Elizabeth Ikerd) #32

I usually do BPC with Coco oil and butter, with a dash of HWC, but I am not doing well with the HWC right now. So this morning I did something that turned out incredible!
I had heard that a raw egg yolk (it cooks in the hot coffee) makes your coffee creamy and frothy.
This will be my go to addition from now on!

(What The Fast?!) #33

I’d like to add that if you don’t want to add a ton of fat, you don’t have to. I use 1tsp or a half Tablespoon of either coconut oil, butter, OR MCT oil. It’s still creamy. :slight_smile: My preferred sweetener is erithrytol.