KetoAide homemade

ketoaid
electrolyte
extendedfast
newbies
fasting

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #18

Lol. I’d understand if you planned to drink the whole bottle in one go.
A half tablespoon in 24 ounces of water won’t make you poo. It will, however, provide you with 75 mg of very bioavailable magnesium. Our daily requirement is 350mg, so this amount in a few bottles of ketoaide a day is a great supplement!

(eat more) #19

i even told him what my intention was and he was like
" :flushed: nooooooo" so i thought maybe i was looking in the wrong section/at the wrong stuff :joy:

it it is he that is wrong lol

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #20

He’s a know-it-all.
He should do some reading.
Magnesium citrate comes in tablet form as well.
To supplement magnesium. Not for pooping.

(eat more) #21

i was thinking he was a know-nothing lol

i take a tablet for sleeping every night :blush:

(Mike W.) #22

I started adding 1/2 tsp (200 mg) of mag glycinate to my first and fourth water bottle of the day. Seems to have helped with my cramps and headaches. I also like the flavor…

(Nathan Hall) #23

I make this daily. Only I also add a couple squirts of Stur (sweetened with stevia) or Mio (sweeteners vary by flavor) to further hide some of the saltiness. I know, that makes me a big baby… :blush:
This recipe has been a great help. Especially when fasting. Thanks Brenda.

(Final thoughts/recap as I reach the end) Time To Try An Extended Fast! 21 Days or Bust

@Brenda Do you drink all 5 bottles in one day? I am 5 days into a 21 day fast and trying to play with ratios without making myself sick. :poop:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #25

That’s just a photo kiddo, not my daily ration. Lol
I mix them all at once.

2 a day unless fasting, then I do drink 3 or 4.

I happen to have one right now as I go into the gym.

That is what I was curious about. I am almost through day 5 of an extended fast and this morning the leg cramps were knocking at my door. I have been keeping up on the lite salt but have not integrated magnesium citrate. I was don’t want to :poop: my pants at work! Thanks much from a fellow (ex)Minnesotan

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #27

Ever since my ole pal @Donna told me about Calcium citrate, I have NEVER had another leg cramp.
Calcium. The oft forgotten mineral.
Lack of calcium causes leg cramps more often than anyone realizes.
Poke me later and I’ll send a pic of the brand I use.
Do not buy just any calcium, most do not absorb well. Calcium citrate does.

(Bacon for the Win) #28

you really need to down the whole bottle of mag citrate for that to happen. Even then there are no guarantees that it will.

(betsy.rome) #29

@Brenda yes, please tell us what brand / form of calcium citrate. On the 2nd day of a fast, had wicked bad leg cramps last night, even though been eating salt & butter & broth.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #30

(betsy.rome) #31

Thanx B-Zorn! you rock.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #32

BTW, I only take one tablet a day, not the recommended dosage of 2 or 3… I only need a bit of supplementing. No need for more than one tablet a day :slight_smile:
@Donna said that is enough. It must be. No leg cramps over here for TWO YEARS NOW

(Fran) #33

So… I made some a couple of days ago because I’m planning a 3-day fast and wanted to see if this was something I could drink to help me get through it. I didn’t think my electrolytes were out of whack. I drank 48 oz of this stuff and HOLY COW! It was like someone de-greased my brain. I felt so much better and I didn’t even know I felt bad! This is definitely something I will be adding to my daily regime and will definitely be drinking some during my fast. This was fantastic! Thanks @Brenda.

(Mary 🌹 ) #34

If you gargle salt water it removes a sore throat immediately (1/2 hour)

(KB Keto) #35

so I need some ketoade that I dont hate drinking? Mainly for my long bike rides - something i can drink on the bike that tastes good …

granted im only 15 days into the keto diet, but after 30 miles ,… i feel like hell… i want to try to keep my electrolytes up during the ride and see if that helps.

(Christopher Avery) #36

@KBDelight have you tried @Brenda’s concoction?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #37

You can also add sweetener and or lemon etc. I have been adding aromatic citrus bitters lately