KetoAid for electrolytes

(Denise) #1

…and wondering if anyone uses this home-made recipe?

I went into Amazon this a.m. to buy my electrolyte drops and they are now 21 bucks so heck with that. Pretty sure they started out at $10 and that was enough for me to afford. So I got on here to search for home-made.

What surprises me about the KetoAid recipe is it only has 1/8 tsp of Himalayan Seasalt (my choice for salt) and that’s for 24 oz of water? Is that enough? Feedback welcome, and the post is below. Also, recommends on how to get my electrolytes welcome because since I ran out of Endure a few weeks ago, I’m having more headaches, again, and leg cramps. Pretty sure my electrolytes are the issue.
Electrolyte home-made recipe

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2

It would depend on how much salt you are adding to your food, no? I find that when I don’t get enough salt I experience either migraine auras or constipation. When I get too much, the digestive results are very much the opposite of constipation, though not actually diarrhoea.

(Denise) #3

yes, I didn’t want to edit again Paul, but that crossed my mind after. I sprinkle quite a bit of my seasalt on my dinner meat, and on my eggs in the a.m. I probably get more than enough, and I also take 500mg 2 x per day of Mag Citrate. I just don’t know for sure what is going on unless it’s the extra workouts I do now. I get the cramping in my calves, and feet, but it’s manageable, doesn’t kill me like it did when I first got into Keto.

(Robin) #4

When I began keto, I had to take magnesium citrate too, or I would get horrendous nightly leg and foot cramps. Over time, that lessened. But I still took it for regularity.
Now it sits in the back of my cabinet, unused. I don’t know if it’s because of time or the transition to carnivore.

(Denise) #5

I’m shooting for no “added” carbs today which I mean the vegies I normally eat. I also need to look at the yogurt issue for me. I love it but it’s nagging me that I need to stop eating it, a different issue/topic :wink: