Keto Salad Dressing recommendation?

I like vinegar with salt and pepper. Butter is also good.

(Jane) #12

I make my own ranch but it is a lot of work since a) I make my own mayo out of olive oil b) I culture my own buttermilk and c) mix up my own ranch seasoning mix to avoid the anti-caking maltodextrose in commercial ranch seasoning packets.

(Jane) #13

Commercial dressings suck. I picked up one that said “olive oil” on it and it was like the third ingredient behind canola and soybean oil.

Pretty much all the “normal” non low fat ones are fine. If you’re not going to nitpick every ingredient it’s pretty much that easy.

(Gregory - You can teach an old dog new tricks.) #15

My curmudgeon’s worth:

Why do you need salad dressing to make something palatable?

If you have to put ketchup on your steak, you probably shouldn’t be eating steak …

The bitterness of a lot of salad ingredients is a clue; they’re toxic…

P.S.
If you like salad dressing, eat it in a bowl, with a spoon.

(KCKO, KCFO) #16

Lots of good recipes and ideas in this thread: Salad dressings, what's your go to?

(Cathy) #17

I only buy Rene’s Caesar salad dressing because I have not been able to duplicate it. Otherwise I make, balsamic vinaigrette, Italian, Greek, and ranch. All are super easy and delicious and made with my choice ingredients. No special skills needed and only equipment is a jar with a good fitting lid.

(Amy) #18

@Janie would you mind sharing your ranch spice mix?

Warm bacon dressing for spinach salad is wonderful. I replace the sugar with lakanto pure monk fruit extract powder.

Care to share your ranch spice mix please? I’m always looking to try something new that way.

I put butter on my steak… I melt it and use it as a dipping sauce… marvelous!

(Todd Allen) #22

While our steaks or burgers cook in butter I chop some tomato, garlic, and peppers into a bowl. Add some vinegar, mustard, salt and seasonings, a recent favorite being a little paprika, cumin and peanut butter. While the plated steaks rest a few minutes I dump the bowl into the drippings on low heat and stir it up. It’s sauce for the meat and dressing for everything else.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #23

We can’t argue with salad dressing people. We can only take small consolation that eventually some of them will come to their senses and realize that eating twigs and leaves is a pointless exercise no matter how dressed up; that you can put lipstick on a pig but it’s still a pig. As for ketchup on a steak, it’s just an ersatz version of 2 million years of reality:

f8e1c88ec2ac8393831d2acecfa2a6b6

:wink:

(Jane) #24

Yes, I will post tomorrow when I am on my laptop where the recipe is stored. Can’t do it from my phone, unfortunately.

(Jane) #25

Here ya go:

Thanks, that looks great! Now I’m salivating for salad. :green_salad:

I was following along okay, right up to “spice jet.”

I don’t believe I have one of those. :thinking:

(Jane) #28

LOL. Typo in my recipe I keep forgetting to fix.

Spice jar :grin:

That makes a lot more sense.

Thanks!

(Amy) #30

Thanks!!