Keto Salad Dressing recommendation?

I put butter on my steak… I melt it and use it as a dipping sauce… marvelous!

(Todd Allen) #22

While our steaks or burgers cook in butter I chop some tomato, garlic, and peppers into a bowl. Add some vinegar, mustard, salt and seasonings, a recent favorite being a little paprika, cumin and peanut butter. While the plated steaks rest a few minutes I dump the bowl into the drippings on low heat and stir it up. It’s sauce for the meat and dressing for everything else.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #23

We can’t argue with salad dressing people. We can only take small consolation that eventually some of them will come to their senses and realize that eating twigs and leaves is a pointless exercise no matter how dressed up; that you can put lipstick on a pig but it’s still a pig. As for ketchup on a steak, it’s just an ersatz version of 2 million years of reality:

f8e1c88ec2ac8393831d2acecfa2a6b6

:wink:

(Jane) #24

Yes, I will post tomorrow when I am on my laptop where the recipe is stored. Can’t do it from my phone, unfortunately.

(Jane) #25

Here ya go:

Thanks, that looks great! Now I’m salivating for salad. :green_salad:

I was following along okay, right up to “spice jet.”

I don’t believe I have one of those. :thinking:

(Jane) #28

LOL. Typo in my recipe I keep forgetting to fix.

Spice jar :grin:

That makes a lot more sense.

Thanks!

(Amy) #30

Thanks!!

(Roberta Worley) #31

Although this isn’t an ‘official’ keto salad dressing, it has all the earmarks of one. Here’s the link to the recipe. It is by far the best for salads as well as a dip for veggies or chicken legs. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do! The only thing I change out is the Worcestshire sauce. We use Coconut’s Coconut Aminos and Redboat Fish sauce instead.Homemade Ranch Dressing

I’ve never tried Ranch dressing before this week. So I bought the HV packet. Well, let’s just say I look forward to making a homemade version…

(Roberta Worley) #33

Another excellent dressing is Napa Valley Naturals Grand Reserve Balsamic Vinegar. It’s my all time favorite! If you decide to get it, make sure you get the one that is cherry aged. I recently thought I purchased was the same as I had before, but the label was slightly different with its font.

This might come to some as unrelated except in my mind but when I got it home, I found that it wasn’t the same as the bottle I was almost out of. The ‘new’ bottle is oak aged. I haven’t tried it yet but am interested because we had tried smoking some cheese and my husband was using oak wood pellets in order to do so. It wasn’t a favorable experience because we didn’t use a fruit wood. We ended up throwing out $20 worth of cheese!

This is the desired one:

This is the one we haven’t tried:

The other dressing I enjoy is just oil and vinegar with some freshly ground pink Himalayan salt and freshly ground pepper. I’ve also come to enjoy grey sea salt which, I found, has a slightly less salty taste to my palette.

(KCKO, KCFO) #34

I like their white wine vinegar. Pink salt, fresh ground pepper and some EVOO is a go to salad dressing for me.

(Roberta Worley) #35

We just tried this last night and it was tres delish! We made one small but very important change: 1/2 tsp Coconut Secret’s Coconut Aminos. It really helped to mellow out the dressing.

(Cathy) #36

Recently I have been making blue cheese dressing and I am hooked.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #37

Red palm oil and mustard. If you want it spicy/hot add tabasco or some such, most of which are zero carb. Walmart has several GV hot sauces that I like.

(Bob M) #38

I like this one:

Though I usually use regular olive oil (California, from Costco), increase the amount of red wine vinegar (double? It’s been a while since I’ve made this), and add 1-2 anchovies and grind with a hand mixer.