Keto Lifestyle Recipes Thread

(Steve) #1

Keto Lifestyle Recipes

Steve Adams here but also known as Jamboribs on the Ketogenic Forum.

Now that I am healthy again, I want to pay it forward and help people in need through my recipes. I have been developing and cooking my recipes for the last 15 years. I have earned the title of 3 Time Canadian BBQ Champion representing Canada in world competitions and cooked on a fishing show for 3 years. I have so much to share that I started a YouTube channel called Keto Lifestyle Recipes.
My plan is to reach out to the low carb ketogenic community, newbies and seasoned keto veterans with my recipes and hands-on videos.
If you would like to see a video version of my posted recipes, go to my profile page and click on the expand button. Click the link for my YouTube cooking channel Keto LIfestyle Recipes and scroll through my recipes.
Sorry I’m not allowed to post my direct YouTube link.

If you like my video recipes please Subscribe and click the like button and share to keep me going.

Thanks,
Steve

(Steve) #2

My jerk chicken wins $2000 1st place 3 years in a row. How to make jerk chicken in my my step by step jerk chicken recipe video. My secret method is finally out for the best smoked jerk chicken on the grill. I’ll also show you different ways of smoking to get that perfect smoked jerk chicken even if you don’t have a grill or smoker.

Jerk Marinade:
6 large chicken legs
2 heaping Tbsp. Walkerswood jerk seasoning
2 stalks chopped green onion or scallion
2 sprigs fresh thyme chopped
1-2 Habaneros or scotch bonnet peppers minced (to taste)
1" knob of fresh ginger grated
2 cloves garlic minced
2 Tbsp. olive or avocado oil
1 Tbsp. white vinegar
Mix the above ingredients well in a bowl
Half a lime and Himalayan salt for the finishing stage

Directions:
Cut two slits - skin side on each chicken leg with a sharp knife.
Work the jerk marinade into each chicken leg including the slits until completely covered.
Place all of the coated chicken into a large Ziploc bag, burp the air out and seal.
Marinate in the fridge for 8-24 hours flipping the bag as necessary.
Cooking:
Preheat grill, smoker or oven to 325 degrees and add smoke if using.
Cook the jerk legs with indirect heat, skin side up for 40-70 minutes and flip if desired.

Finishing Sauce:
Baste the chicken with Walkerswood Jerk and lime sauce 1:1 - salt to taste in last 10 min.
Or
Serve with a fresh jerk, lime and butter sauce for personal dipping.
Cooking Tips:
To make it authentic Jamaican jerk chicken, use pimento wood for smoking and crank up the scotch bonnet pepper heat! -Spin the chicken on rotisserie over indirect charcoal with apple chunks to win 1st place. Marinate a whole chicken or chicken pieces and make it your own. Please experiment and share with your neighbors, they will love it, trust me!

If you would like to see a video version of $2000 1st Place Jerk Chicken, go to my profile page and click on the link for my YouTube cooking channel Keto Lifestyle Recipes and scroll to the recipe.

(Steve) #3

You can have your cake and Keto too!

My easy New York Cheesecake, gluten free and sugar free with only 5 carbs per slice makes it guilt free too. This New York cheesecake recipe has an almond flour cheesecake crust with a sugar free chocolate sauce.

New York Cheesecake Gluten Free Makes 16 servings - 5 net carbs per slice
9” spring-form pan lined on the bottom and sides with parchment paper

Crust Ingredients:
2 cups sifted almond flour
⅓ cup softened butter
¼ cup powdered Swerve or erythritol
1 tsp. Vanilla
3 Tbsp. Chocolate Sauce (optional)

Cream Cheese Filling Ingredients:
4 - 8 ounce boxes of room temperature cream cheese
1 ⅓ cups powdered Swerve or erythritol
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. Vanilla
3 eggs

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Baking The Crust:
In a mixing bowl add the crust ingredients except for the chocolate sauce and mix well.
Pour crumble mixture onto the parchment paper in the spring-form pan.
Press mixture evenly over the entire bottom of the pan, make it smooth and flat.
Bake for 8-10 minutes until very light golden brown and cool for 15 minutes.

Making The Cream cheese Filling:
In a deep mixing bowl add all of the cream cheese filling ingredients and mix on low, scraping down the sides as you mix. Mix until creamy smooth.
Squirt 2 Tbsp. of chocolate sauce evenly over baked crust (optional).
Pour cream cheese filling over the crust.
Place the spring-form pan on a cookie sheet and bake cheesecake for about 40 minutes.
When finished, cool the cheesecake on a baking rack for an hour. Before cutting,
I like to place the cheesecake in the fridge overnight for easier cleaner slicing.

Serve with fresh blueberries or strawberries and more Chocolate Sauce:

Real Chocolate Sauce Ingredients:
8 ounce container of 100% cocoa powder (227 grams)
½ cup of powdered Swerve or erythritol (¾ cup for a sweeter chocolate sauce)
1½ cups warmed sweet coconut oil

Directions:
In a deep mixing bowl add the cocoa powder and powdered Swerve.
Pour the warmed coconut oil over the dry ingredients.
Stir with a spoon to incorporate enough that the coco powder doesn’t poof up out of the bowl.
Mix with a hand mixer on low, increasing to high, scraping down the sides as you mix.
Mix until silky smooth. Store in a condiment bottle at room temperature and warm if need be to squirt out a serving.
This recipe yields 77 1 Tbsp. servings - 1 carb per serving

If you would like to see a video version of New York Cheesecake, go to my profile page and click on the link for my YouTube cooking channel Keto Lifestyle Recipes and scroll to the recipe.

(Steve) #4

Parrot Sticks

This extra crispy chicken wings recipe won 1st place, money and trophies in competition. You have never seen chicken wings prepared like this before. These wings go by the name of Parrot Sticks because when the whole chicken wing is stretched out and skewered it resembles our pet parrot Kiwi sitting on your finger. The special coating tastes like tasty fried chicken but it hasn’t been deep fried at all.

Parrot Sticks Makes 6 large
To skewer the whole chicken wing, hold the wing skin side down in your hand and push the wooden skewer through the winglette part of the wing threading it up into the top of the wing.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup crushed pork rinds
1 Tbsp Keto Popper/Rib/Chicken Rub
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/8 cup mayonnaise
Salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Mix the dry ingredients together and pour onto a clean plate.
Paint the mayonnaise over entire wing.
Dip the wing into the pork rind mixture packing the dry mixture into the mayonnaise.
Cook at 350 degrees over indirect heat until golden crispy brown 45-60 minutes.

Keto Popper/Rib/Chicken Rub:

Mix up the following ingredients in a bowl
1/8 cup celery salt
1/8 cup garlic salt
1/8 cup onion salt
1/8 cup seasoning salt
2 Tbsp. chili powder
3 Tbsp. fresh ground pepper
3 Tbsp. paprika
1/2 cup sweetener of your choice (erythritol)

If you would like to see a video version of Parrot Sticks, go to my profile page and click on the link for my YouTube cooking channel Keto Lifestyle Recipes and scroll to the recipe.

(Steve) #5

We finally have a good gluten free brownies recipe that is low carb. Yup, only 2 carbs per giant brownie! These extra chocolaty low carb brownies are sugar free and keto friendly too. I topped these healthy brownies with cream cheese frosting and chocolate sauce.
Steve gets some brownie points…6 to be exact!

2 Carb Keto Brownies
Makes 6 big fudgy brownies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Ingredients:
¼ pound of melted butter
1 99% pure chocolate bar (50 grams) melted
¼ cup 100% cocoa powder
⅛ cup coconut oil
3 eggs
⅛ cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. coconut flour
1 Tbsp. almond flour sifted
½ tsp. Baking powder
¼ cup Swerve or powdered erythritol
½ tsp vanilla
Pinch of salt

Directions:
Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
Beat with an electric mixer for 2 minutes, scraping down the sides.
Spoon into silicone muffin molds and top with Swerve brown sugar (optional).
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
You can also pour the brownie batter into a 8”x 8” pan and cut into squares when cooked.

Serve with Cream Cheese Frosting and Chocolate Sauce

Makes 6 large brownies 14 net carbs = 2.3 carbs per brownie😇

Quick Cream Cheese Frosting and Chocolate Sauce :sunglasses:

Do you have 5 minutes to make Quick Cream Cheese Frosting and Chocolate Sauce? This Cream Cheese Frosting is so tasty and good on desserts, keto ice cream and cinnamon buns. My 100% chocolate sauce is for anyone that needs that keto chocolate fix. Squirt this low carb chocolate sauce over nuts in a silicone chocolate mold for quick keto chocolate fat bombs. The Chocolate Sauce goes really well with almond butter too, create a keto peanut butter cup fat bomb. How about mixing the Cream Cheese Frosting together with the Chocolate Sauce for a mug cake topping?
We have cream cheese frosting and chocolate sauce on hand at all times!

Cream Cheese Frosting
The Cream Cheese Frosting is less than 1 carb per Tbsp.

Ingredients:
One package (8 ounces) cream cheese softened to room temperature
¼ pound of butter softened to room temperature
¼ cup of powdered Swerve or erythritol (double for a sweeter cream cheese frosting)
½ tsp. vanilla Lemon or lemon zest is optional to taste

Directions:
Add all of the ingredients into a deep mixing bowl. Whip mixture with a hand mixer until well incorporated and smooth.
Store in the fridge for up to a month - if it lasts that long!
There are 16 carbs in the whole batch which yields 20 servings. Less than 1 carb per serving.

Real Chocolate Sauce
The Chocolate Sauce is only 1 carb per Tbsp.

Ingredients:
8 ounce container of 100% cocoa powder (227 grams)
½ cup of powdered Swerve or erythritol (¾ cup for a sweeter chocolate sauce)
1½ cups warmed sweet coconut oil

Directions:
In a deep mixing bowl add the cocoa powder and powdered Swerve.
Pour the warmed coconut oil over the dry ingredients.
Stir with a spoon to incorporate enough that the coco powder doesn’t poof up out of the bowl.
Mix with a hand mixer on low, increasing to high, scraping down the sides as you mix.
Mix until silky smooth.
Store in a condiment bottle at room temperature and warm if need be to squirt out a serving.
This recipe yields 77 1 Tbsp. servings - 1 carb per serving

If you would like to see a video version of my the brownies, cream cheese frosting and chocolate sauce recipes, go to my profile page and click on the link for my YouTube cooking channel Keto Lifestyle Recipes and scroll to the recipe.

(Steve) #6

Real Crab Egg Bites Recipe :sunglasses:

My real crab egg bites recipe is always the hit of the party as an easy crab appetizer. I serve the mini crab egg bites with spicy aioli sauce.
These keto friendly real crab egg bites only take a minute to whip up and 15-20 minutes to cook.

Real Crab Egg Bites Recipe

Ingredients:
150 grams freshly cooked crab or real lump crab meat
150 grams grated zucchini
2 eggs beaten
2 Tbsp. chopped onion or green onion
2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
2 Tbsp. melted butter
1 cup grated cheese
A fresh grind of salt and pepper

Directions:
Grease a mini or regular size muffin tin with butter.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
In a medium size mixing bowl add and mix all ingredients except for the crab.
Fold real lump crab into egg mixture.
Spoon into mini muffin tin (top with a little more cheese and jalapeno slivers if you like).
Bake crab egg bites at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until cooked (It depends on the size of muffin tin used).

Serve Aioli Sauce with the real crab egg bites

Aioli Sauce:

Ingredients:
2 cloves of garlic, smashed into a paste.
1/2 cup keto friendly mayonnaise.
A wedge of fresh squeezed lemon juice.
A pinch of cayenne pepper and salt to taste.

Directions:
Mix the aioli ingredients in a bowl and rest in the fridge for 2 hours to let the flavors meld.
Stir before serving.

If you would like to see a video version of my the Real Crab Egg Bites Recipe go to my profile page and click on the link for my YouTube cooking channel Keto Lifestyle Recipes and scroll to the recipe.

(Steve) #7

Sous Vide Brisket easy step by step recipe, don’t be intimidated it’s just a big hunk of meat! It is so easy to sous vide brisket if it is your first time. Follow along as we cook a brisket point from a prime packer brisket and make some little keto fat bomb burnt ends as a nice keto treat. I’m also making my favorite low carb gravy from the brisket sous vide juice to compliment this tender sous vide beef brisket. I think this is the best sous vide brisket recipe for beginners.

To cook the brisket:
Vacpack in a Foodsaver bag
Place in the water and set sous vide immersion circulator to 155 degrees for 24 hours
When finished, reserve juice for gravy
Sprinkle Weber Chicago Seasoning on brisket and cook over indirect heat at 300 degrees for two hours or until you have desired crispy bark.
Slice and serve with the gravy

Keto Beef Fat Gravy

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp butter
1 clove garlic minced
2 Tbsp. chopped onion or shallots
2 large mushrooms diced optional
1 cup beef bone broth or sous vide juice
1 tsp beef Better than Bouillon
Aromatics of choice
½ cup heavy cream

Directions:
Over medium heat in a saucepan.
Sauté garlic, onion and mushrooms in butter.
Add beef bone broth, sous vide juice and bullion.
Reduce mixture by half, scraping and stirring in fond as it reduces.
Adjust seasoning, fresh pepper, herbs etc.
*The gravy can be held at this stage until you are ready to finish it.
Stir in heavy cream to thicken gravy.

If you would like to see a video version of how to sous vide brisket and make a killer keto gravy, go to my profile page and click on the link for my YouTube cooking channel Keto Lifestyle Recipes and scroll to the recipe.

(Steve) #8

My Easy Jalapeno Cheese Bread is a low carb and quick keto friendly snack or side. I’m making this jalapeno cheese bread recipe in a Dutch oven for a golden brown crust but you can also make them into jalapeno cheese bread rolls or buns. This quick keto cheese bread recipe only takes a couple of minutes to whip up and 15-20 minutes to bake. My gluten free jalapeno cheese bread recipe has only 1 carb per serving, put me down for four!

Easy Jalapeno Cheese Bread
Makes 16 bites - 1 net carb per piece

Ingredients:
4 eggs
2 heaped Tbsp. full fat sour cream or Greek yogurt
2/3 cup sifted almond flour
2 Tbsp. oat fiber
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
½-1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese for topping
¼ cup pickled jalapenos rings for topping
Cook in a well greased Dutch oven or 8” x 8” cake pan

Directions:
Preheat oven or grill to 350 degrees.
In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and sour cream or yogurt.
Add sifted almond flour, oat fiber, salt and baking powder. Mix until smooth.
Stir in ½ cup shredded cheese.
Press and flatten the dough evenly in a well greased Dutch oven.
Top Easy Jalapeno Cheese Bread with extra ½ cup or so of shredded pepper jack cheese and jalapenos.
Bake cheese bread for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden and fluffy.
Flip jalapeno bread out onto cutting board and cut cheese side up into about 16 bites.

If you would like to see a video version of Jalapeno Cheese Bread, go to my profile page and click on the link for my YouTube cooking channel Keto Lifestyle Recipes and scroll to the recipe.

(Steve) #9

My never boil again corned beef recipe will be your new favorite way to cook corned beef brisket. Slow cooked corned beef in foil is the best way to cook corned beef in its own juices. It’s not watered down, it tastes like proper corned beef should. I will never boil corned beef again after creating this flavorful fall apart corned beef recipe. Foil braised corned beef and cabbage is so easy with no clean-up on St Patrick’s Day. Corned beef wrapped in foil can be cooked on the grill or in the oven. If you have never foil braised corned beef give it a try and you won’t go any other way next time!

• At the end of the video, there is a Blue Jays Spring Training surprise! (March 1, 2020)

Never Boil Again Corned Beef Recipe

Ingredients:
1 corned beef
The small spice package that came with the corned beef
2 tsp.browning sauce
2 cloves sliced garlic
Half yellow onion cut into wedges
One large wedge of cabbage
Fresh pepper
Heavy duty tinfoil
1 Tbsp. refined coconut oil for frying

Directions:
Remove corned beef from packaging, soak in cold water for 45 minutes to remove salty brine.
Drain and pat dry.
Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
Brush 2 tsp. of browning sauce over the entire brisket with a silicone brush.
Sear corned beef in a frying pan over medium high heat in a tablespoon of oil.
Place corned beef on a large piece of heavy duty tinfoil fat side up.
Deglaze the pan with a tablespoon of water and pour in to the tin foil.
Add garlic slices, fresh pepper and sprinkle corned beef spice package over the surface of corned beef.
Carefully fold the foil so the juices won’t leak out.
Cook for 2 hours, don’t flip.
After 2 hours open foil and add cabbage and onion, carefully seal up the foil again.
Cook for another 30 - 40 minutes or until the corned beef brisket is fork tender and the cabbage is cooked.
If using an instant read thermometer cook to 195 degrees internal temperature for super tender corned beef.
Rest cooked corn beef for at least 20 minutes before slicing.
Save some for next day corned beef sandwiches too!

Serve with cabbage, onion, hot mustard and naturally brined sour pickles.
If you would like to see a video version of the Never Boil Again Corned Beef Recipe, go to my profile page and click on the link for my YouTube cooking channel Keto Lifestyle Recipes and scroll to the recipe.

(Steve) #10

If you are Keto then you need to learn how to make chaffles crispy vs soft, it’s the keto bread hack. I’m cooking two types of chaffles, crispy and soft in the mini dash waffle maker, side by side: Egg and cheese chaffles and the new white bread batter chaffles, crispy vs soft recipes. You decide what the best chaffle recipe is. These keto lifestyle low carb chaffle recipes take under 5 minutes from start to finish. I have added some chaffle recipe ideas to help make them your own. Crispy chaffles make a perfect keto burger bun, keto sandwich, keto grilled cheese and is good base for a pizza crust. You can even make sweet soft chaffles with coco, almond butter, nuts and sweeteners. Try using a mug cake recipe in your chaffle maker. Chaffles are a good keto low carb healthy gluten free bread substitute.

Mix & Match Chaffle Batter (makes 4 chaffles for the Dash Mini waffle iron

In a small mixer like a Magic Bullet, choose your ingredients and add to mixer.
Pick whatever ingredients appeal to you from the list, be creative and make it your own but don’t forget to write it down just in case it’s a keeper.
Flours: 2 Tbsp almond flour or 1 Tbsp coconut flour or 2 tbsp oat fiber or omit flour
Cheese: 1 tbsp cream cheese or 1 tbsp mayo or 1 tbsp yogurt or grated cheese or omit
Fat: 1 tbsp butter or flavored butter, 1 tbsp favorite oil or omit
Egg: 1 or 2 whole eggs or 2 egg whites or omit
Herbs and spices: Italian, garlic salt, onion powder, cumin, curry, etc… or omit
Sweet: coco, cinnamon, almond butter, pumpkin puree, vanilla, sweetener, etc… or omit
Veg and Berries: broccoli, cauliflower, strawberry, blueberries etc… or omit
(add the veg or berries directly to the iron and pour the batter on top)
You can also add ½ tsp baking powder, soda or proof some yeast or omit

Blend your new chaffle concoction up, scraping down the sides, adding in heavy whipping cream, water or oil to make up enough volume to make 4 chaffles. When you think that you have enough put a piece of masking tape on the mixer so you know how much of whatever you are adding to make 4 perfect chaffles next time. This will take one experiment to make the correct amount of volume, just move your tape to where you think it will make 4 chaffles.
The consistency should be pourable, just like waffle batter.
If you would like to see a video version of making chaffles in the mini Dash, go to my profile page and click on the link for my YouTube cooking channel Keto Lifestyle Recipes and scroll to the recipe.

(Steve) #11

My creamy curried shrimp alfredo served on spaghetti squash is packed with curried shrimp and cheese. This Caribbean influenced coconut milk shrimp alfredo sauce recipe takes only a couple of minutes to whip up. Curried shrimp alfredo on spaghetti squash or zero carb fettuccine noodles is very low carb and keto friendly. Wow, you have to try this curried shrimp alfredo recipe, it’s so rich and satisfying!

Creamy Curried Shrimp Alfredo

Ingredients:
1 pound small to medium cooked shrimp
2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. onion chopped
1-2 cloves garlic minced
1 Tbsp. Caribbean style curry powder to taste
¾ cup coconut milk
¼ cup coconut milk or more to adjust creamy curried shrimp alfredo consistency
2 Tbsp. cream cheese
½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Himalayan salt and fresh pepper to taste

Directions:
Saute onion, garlic and curry powder in the butter.
Stir in the coconut milk, cream cheese and Parmesan cheese over medium heat.
Fold in shrimp to heat.
Add more coconut milk if need be to desired consistency.

Serve the creamy curried shrimp alfredo on cooked shredded spaghetti squash. (1cup = 7.8 net carbs)

Garnish: lemon or lime wedges, cilantro or parsley, extra large cooked tail on shrimp

If you would like to see a video version of Creamy Curried Shrimp Alfredo, go to my profile page and click on the link for my YouTube cooking channel Keto Lifestyle Recipes and scroll to the recipe.

(Steve) #12

I finally nailed a keto friendly cornbread recipe that tastes like cornbread!

My sweet cornbread muffins are a low carb, quick, keto friendly snack or side. I’m making these sweet cornbread muffins in mini muffin tins, but you could also use a cake pan and cut them into sweet cornbread squares. My secret is…. lupin four, which gives it the consistency of cornbread. This quick sweet cornbread muffins recipe only takes a couple of minutes to whip up and 15-20 minutes to bake.

Sweet Cornbread Muffins Keto
11.3 net carbs in the whole recipe

Ingredients:
4 eggs or 3 extra large
2 Tbsp. full fat sour cream or Greek yogurt
1 Tbsp. melted bacon fat
2/3 cup sifted almond flour
2 Tbsp. fine lupin flour (lupin flour gives it the cornbread texture)
2 Tbsp powdered erythritol
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. vanilla
½ cup miniature canned corn, puréed

Directions:
Preheat the oven or grill to 350 degrees.
In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, bacon fat and sour cream or yogurt.
Add almond flour, lupin flour, erythritol, salt, baking powder and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
Stir in a half cup of puréed miniature corn.
Spoon cornbread muffin batter into well greased muffin tins (I used bacon grease).
Sprinkle a little powdered erythritol over the top of the cornbread muffins (optional).
Bake sweet cornbread muffins for 15 - 20 minutes or until golden brown.
If you would like to see a video version of Sweet Cornbread Muffins, go to my profile page and click on the link for my YouTube cooking channel Keto Lifestyle Recipes and scroll to the recipe.

(Steve) #13

Crack slaw beef dinner in ten minutes is so filling and easy to make with only 9 carbs per serving. Crack slaw is even better the next day for breakfast with a couple of eggs on top. I’m making oriental ground beef crack slaw. What’s for dinner? Crack slaw and it’s made quickly as a one pot meal. This addictive crack slaw recipe is perfect if you are trying to eat low carb but are always hungry.

Quick Oriental Crack Slaw
Serves Two: 9 net carbs per serving (without toppings)

Ingredients:
1 pound ground chuck (80/20 mix)
1 Tbsp. bacon fat
¼ cup onion chopped
1” knob fresh ginger minced
1-2 cloves garlic minced
1 Tbsp. Tamari sauce
1 ½ Tbsp. sesame oil
4 cups fresh shredded cabbage or (bagged coleslaw)
¼ cup mayonnaise

Optional Toppings:
Cold shredded lettuce
Full fat yogurt or sour cream
Chopped green onions
Shredded cheese

Directions:
In a large frying pan or pot add the bacon fat, ground beef and onion, fry until cooked.
Do not drain the fat liquid.
Add garlic, ginger, tamari, sesame oil and cook for about 2 minutes.
Stir in the shredded cabbage and let it simmer with a lid on until wilted.
Stir in mayonnaise, mix well until hot.

Serve right away with toppings in order as listed.
If you would like to see a video version of Crack Slaw, go to my profile page and click on the link for my YouTube cooking channel Keto Lifestyle Recipes and scroll to the recipe.

(Steve) #14

These crackers are the crunchiest food that I have eaten since going keto!

My extra crispy keto crackers have only 3 carbs in 8 crackers! I flip the low carb crackers a couple of times during baking to make them extra crispy keto crackers. These gluten free crackers hold up well to a good scoop of my real crab dip without breaking. This is an easy keto crackers recipe and it only takes 20 minutes to make, listen to the cracker crunch in the end.

Extra Crispy Keto Crackers

These are very sturdy dipping crackers with lots of crunch!
This recipe makes about 26 - 1 ¼” x 2” crackers.
3 net carbs for 8 crackers

Ingredients:
85 grams sifted almond flour (about 3 ounces)
57 grams finely grated parmesan cheese (about 2 ounces)
1 egg beaten
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, stirring together until well mixed.
Add ⅔ of the beaten egg to the dry mixture and stir to form a ball of dough.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use a silicone mat.
Place dough on silicone mat and cover with parchment paper.
Roll the dough into a rectangle ⅛” thick.
Lightly score the flattened dough into cracker size pieces and dock with a fork.
Brush the remaining egg mixture over the dough.
Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes and carefully flip the giant cracker.
Flip every 5 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
Finish cutting the cracker into small pieces before the giant cracker cools completely.

Total cooking time takes about 20 minutes.
If you would like to see a video version of Extra Crispy Keto Crackers, go to my profile page and click on the link for my YouTube cooking channel Keto Lifestyle Recipes and scroll to the recipe.

Hi Steve. Thanks for posting these great recipes. I’m not sure on your Chaffle recipe what makes one soft or crispy? Is it specific ingredients? Thanks.

(Steve) #16

The crispy chaffle is made with the cheese, egg cheese method and the soft chaffle is made with a pour able batter.
If you look at the chaffle batter mix above, you can add in what you like for your own personal taste and pour it on to the waffle iron.

For example, I added the following to a magic bullet:
2 Tbsp. almond flour
1 Tbsp. cream cheese and 1 Tbsp. of mayo
2 eggs
1 Tbsp coconut oil
I whizzed it up and poured the batter onto a preheated waffle iron. It’s a nice soft chaffle.

The video explains it better as it is visual.
Thanks for the nice compliment.

Thanks, Steve. Going to give it a try this evening. I’ve subscribed your channel.

(Steve) #18

Thanks for subscribing, it keeps me going and very much appreciated!

(Steve) #19

My BBQ Sweet and Sour Thai Chicken is going to get a little smoke today to put it over the top. This sticky sweet and sour Thai chicken has a little heat from the hot peppers to get your endorphins pumped up. My sweet and sour Thai chicken sauce recipe is sugar free and keto friendly too. This quick recipe makes a great appetizer - ‘BBQ sweet and sour Thai chicken wings’ for a party?

BBQ Sweet and Sour Thai Chicken
5 carbs in whole recipe

Ingredients:
4 chicken legs, chicken parts or wings
2 Tbsp. hot red chilies diced
½ tsp chili flakes
2 cloves garlic minced
1” knob fresh ginger minced
1 stalk green onion diced
½ cup powdered erythritol
½ cup rice vinegar
1 tsp. fish sauce
1 tsp. Sesame oil
⅛ tsp. konjac powder dissolved in ¼ cup warm water
Fresh grind of Himalayan salt
Fresh ground pepper to taste

Directions:
Preheat the grill or oven to 350 degrees.
Add sauce ingredients into a sauce pan and bring to a quick boil. Turn down to a simmer and reduce by half.
Cut ½” slits into the chicken pieces.
Lightly sprinkle salt and pepper over both sides of chicken pieces.
Place chicken into a casserole dish and baste with sweet and sour Thai sauce on both sides.
Add smoke to BBQ if smoking the chicken.
Cook chicken pieces skin side up for 45-50 minutes basting every 10 minutes with sweet and sour Thai chicken sauce until cooked.
Serve with the extra sweet and sour Thai sauce from the casserole dish.
If you would like to see a video version of BBQ Sweet and Sour Thai Chicken, go to my profile page and click on the link for my YouTube cooking channel Keto Lifestyle Recipes and scroll to the recipe.

(Steve) #20

This quick avocado salad is a great appetizer or light meal and very low in carbs. My cold shrimp avocado salad recipe has fresh guacamole, cucumber salsa and cooked large shrimp. Join me in this quick how to make avocado salad video for that secret ingredient. You can also use cooked lobster or crab in your stuffed avocado. The large avocado that I am using is called a choquette avocado for that impressive guacamole overstuffed avocado presentation.
We used this quick avocado salad as a side to compliment our brisket entry which helped us win the brisket category.

Quick Avocado Salad

Serves two, multiply for a crowd
One serving is a half stuffed avocado (8 net carbs)

Ingredients:
1 extra large choquette avocado cut in half with seed removed
4-6 large tail-on cooked shrimp
3 Tbsp. tomato chopped
3 Tbsp. cucumber chopped
1 Tbsp. onion chopped
1 seeded jalapeno diced
2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro (optional)
2 Tbsp. Clamato juice (Clamato juice, 2 Tbsp. have 3 carbs)
Lime wedges to taste
Salt and fresh pepper to taste or (you can use Caesar rimmer salt)
A splash of Tabasco for that zing

Directions:
Carefully scoop out a ½ inch of avocado flesh from the halved avocados.
Mush the removed avocado flesh into a paste and season with salt and a bit of lime juice.
Score the remaining avocado in the shell in a hashtag pattern with a knife.
Add the mashed avocado (guacamole) mixture back into the avocado shell on one side.
In a mixing bowl add: tomato, cucumber, onion, jalapeno, cilantro, salt & pepper, fresh lime juice and mix well.
Mound the salsa mixture on the other side of the avocado shell beside the mashed avocado.
Nestle the shrimp into the salsa with the tail sticking up.
Pour the Clamato juice over the salsa and shrimp.
Add Tabasco to taste.
Refrigerate the avocado salad for 15 minutes, the salt will make it juicier.

Garnish: Skewer an olive, shrimp, cherry tomato and lime wedge.

You can substitute cooked lobster pieces or lump crab for the shrimp.:trophy:
If you would like to see a video version of Quick Avocado Salad, go to my profile page and click on the link for my YouTube cooking channel Keto Lifestyle Recipes and scroll to the recipe.