Keto Lifestyle Recipes Thread

(Adriana Gutierrez) #21

Recipes look great! Thanks for sharing this great resource. Searching for the YouTube channel does not easily bring it up. Here is a link that will take you directly to the Jerk Chicken recipe https://youtu.be/daXn3kixNBw

(Steve) #22

Follow me step by step as I make and cook this gluten free quiche on the grill. Our family favorite quiche recipe is very straightforward and perfect for the gluten free diet because it is a crustless spinach and cheese quiche with only 5 net carbs per serving. You could also make egg bites or keto quiche muffins with the egg mixture for a quick keto snack. At the end of the video I’ll show you how to make my quick one bowl hollandaise sauce to go on the quiche or eggs Benedict.

Gluten Free Quiche

4 generous servings

Ingredients:
7 eggs
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup chopped onion
5-6 oz spinach
2 cups chopped broccoli
6 oz. shredded cheese
2 tbsp. butter
Pickled jalapenos

Directions:
Whisk eggs, cream and mayo in a mixing bowl
SautĂŠ onion and broccoli in butter
Spread the veg mixture evenly in a large glass greased pie plate
SautĂŠ spinach till wilted. Spread over onion and broccoli
Pour whisked egg mixture over veg
Add in 3/4 cup of your favorite protein, ham, bacon, cooked chicken or omit
Sprinkle shredded cheese on top
Top with pickled or fresh jalapenos strips
Bake at 350’ in the oven for 25- 30 min.
Tip: To make Egg Bites, spread the ingredients evenly into greased muffin tins and bake.

If you would like to see a video version of Gluten Free Quiche, go to my profile page and click on the link for my YouTube cooking channel Keto Lifestyle Recipes and scroll to the recipe.

(Steve) #23

The one bowl method for traditional hollandaise sauce in under 2 minutes is super easy to make. Hollandaise is made with butter and egg yolks and a whisk for a silky smooth easy hollandaise sauce to pour on your quiche or eggs benedict. This hollandaise sauce recipe is gluten free, low carb and great for the keto diet.

Hollandaise Sauce for Two - Recipe

Ingredients:
1 egg yolk
4 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. water
1/2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
optional: dill, tarragon, Dijon mustard or herb of your choice

Directions:
Heat the ingredients in a bowl over steaming water
Or use a double boiler
Whisk constantly until desired consistency
Serve over Quiche, Eggs Benedict, Frittata or vegetables

If you would like to see a video version of Hollandaise Sauce for Two , go to my profile page and click on the link for my YouTube cooking channel Keto Lifestyle Recipes and scroll to the recipe.

(Steve) #24

My real crab cake burgers have a crispy pork rind crust and are loaded with real crab. These crab cakes are gluten free and low carb, fried in a healthy oil. This is a quick video on how to make healthy crab cakes in under 4 minutes with real crab.

Real Crab Cake Burgers

Ingredients:
8 ounces fresh lump crab meat
3 Tbsp. extra old shredded cheese
1/8 cup of mayonnaise
1 egg beaten
1/4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp. diced red pepper
2 tsp. diced jalapeno (optional)
1/4 cup finely crushed pork rinds
Refined coconut oil, avocado oil or butter for frying

Directions:
Mix mayonnaise, egg, Worcestershire and baking powder well in a mixing bowl.
Fold in crab, cheese, red pepper and jalapeno.
Make sure that all ingredients are well blended.
Form into 4" x 1" to 1 1/4" thick patties and press into fine pork rinds.
Fry in refined coconut oil, avocado oil or butter until golden brown.

Serve with Aioli Sauce

Aioli Sauce:

Ingredients:
Smash 2 cloves of garlic into a paste.
1/2 cup keto friendly mayonnaise.
A wedge of Fresh lemon juice.
A pinch of cayenne pepper and salt to taste.

Directions:
Mix the aioli ingredients in a bowl and rest in the fridge for 2 hours to let the flavors meld.
Stir before serving
If you would like to see a video version of Real Crab Cake Burgers, go to my profile page and click on the link for my YouTube cooking channel Keto Lifestyle Recipes and scroll to the recipe.

(Steve) #25

My Japanese pancakes with toasted coconut are a guilt free treat with only 5.3 net carbs in the whole batch. These extra tall souffle pancakes are light and fluffy, topped with lots of butter, whipped cream and toasted coconut to make them the best Japanese souffle pancakes you can eat on the keto diet. Watch my quick video on how to make perfect Japanese pancakes. Making Japanese souffle pancakes is an artform and pretty easy to make, my keto version is delicious.

Japanese Pancakes with Toasted Coconut
5.3 net carbs in this souffle pancakes recipe

Ingredients:
1 ½ Tbsp. heavy whipping cream
2 egg yolks
½ tsp. vanilla
1 Tbsp.coconut oil
1 Tbsp erythritol powdered
2 Tbsp. coconut flour sifted
½ tsp. Baking powder
3 egg whites
1 Tbsp. water

Directions:
In a deep mixing bowl add: heavy whipping cream, egg yolks, vanilla, coconut oil and erythritol.
Beat with a whisk until well incorporated.
Sift coconut flour and baking powder into the bowl, whisking until well incorporated.
In a separate bowl, add egg whites and beat with a hand mixer until the whites have stiff peaks.
Carefully and slowly fold the egg whites into the Japanese batter until combined.
Add a little coconut oil to a medium low hot non stick pan.
Scoop souffle pancake batter into 4” rounds, add about a tsp. of water around the pan, cover with a lid and cook over medium heat until golden brown flipping once.
Top Japanese pancakes with lots of butter, unsweetened toasted coconut, powdered erythritol, whipped cream and chocolate dipped strawberries.

My gluten free Japanese pancakes are keto friendly with only 5.3 net carbs in the whole batch.
If you would like to see a video version of Japanese Pancakes with Toasted Coconut, go to my profile page and click on the link for my YouTube cooking channel Keto Lifestyle Recipes and scroll to the recipe.

(Steve) #26

I have so many great recipes that I would like to share with anyone that needs keto/low carb motivation. Please go to my profile ‘Jamboribs’ here… - Keto Lifestyle Recipes and click on the YouTube link.
(Sorry, I’m not allowed to post the direct YouTube link).
Please subscribe for weekly videos to keep me going, it’s really appreciated. I have hundreds of fast informational videos coming that I have written, just like the 20 recipes that I have posted above. We have moved from our home in Florida for the summer to our cottage in Canada and will have the same set-up for filming with a few fun twists.
Thanks,
Steve
IMG-2479
IMG_1723 IMG_1938 IMG_2054 IMG-2091 IMG-2603 shrimp%20thumb

Steve, I watched the video (which looks amazing, btw) and you mentioned ‘sweet coconut oil’. What do you mean by ‘sweet’? Thanks.

(Steve) #28

Thank-you
Sweet coconut oil has the taste of coconut and is slightly sweet, it is our oil of choice for baking. We buy a great big organic tub at Costco for a good price. The other coconut oil is refined coconut oil which has no coconut taste at all. Refined has a nice high smoke point of 450 degrees. I am a huge refined coconut oil fan for frying everything, it gives a really good golden brown crispy crust. I buy the refined at Costco too.

Ahhh, I see. I buy and use the same coconut oil from Costco for baking, too. Thanks for your response.