Keto Lemon Sour Cream Muffins... success for non-baker!

(outlawpirate) #1

I am a cook, not a baker. I have friends who love to bake, but I’m not like them. Cooking (with a pinch of this, a splash of that, a handful of this) feeds my creative soul and relaxes me. There are too many rules to baking since baking is a science that requires measuring and weighing. Keeping that in mind, I want to share this iBreath I’m Hungry recipe for Keto Lemon Sour Cream Muffins. It took a while to make, but the result was fantastic! I love it when I impress myself. :wink: My mom, who is not Keto and generally eats sugar but has digestive issues with wheat, loved these Lemon Muffins as well. So I will be making them again. They are sweet enough to be a satisfying dessert, but not overly sweet which makes them also lovely for a quick breakfast in the go. Give this recipe a try and share what you think.

(Per Melissa Sevigny, recipe author) Approximate nutrition info is as follows:

1 average muffin (1/12th of recipe) or loaf slice contains:

290 calories, 25g fat, 4.5g net carbs, 8g protein

Tub of Sour Cream
(Amanda ) #2

These look perfect to use up a big vat of sour cream I bought! Anyone make these but reduce that high amount of erythitol? seems like it would be too sweet with that much.

(outlawpirate) #3

I don’t have much of a sweet tooth, and I didn’t find these too sweet at the time. However, I’m the future I would try converting the recipe to use Allulose, which I have recently discovered. Allulose is 70% less sweet than sugar. I think it tastes mild and prefer it.