The “NO JUICE” bit of this title is still wierding me out :slight_smile:

(Ellen) #165

That’s beautiful!

(Jane) #166

LOL. Yeah, my socks would run around $800/pair at $10 an hour! :laughing:

(Jane) #167

Gorgeous!

(Janelle) #168

Another woven item. This is silk and it’s a technique called “deflected doubleweave”. It deflects and changes once off the loom.

(Jane) #169

Such beautiful intricate work!

(KCKO, KCFO) #170

Ok we need a WOW button on this forum, so beautiful. And just WOW.

Funny thing is I have another tooled leather bodice that I made… for my wedding :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: (renaissance faire wedding) think ill need to pull it out and see how it fits… had to tighten up all the lacing on the one above. Im a bit smaller now than 17 years ago. :smiley:

(Jane) #172

Stunning!

(Ellen) #173

I know many here have already talked about the high cost of to order items, but would you / do you do requests?

For the low, low price of 15,000.

Unless you want delivery, too? :slight_smile:

Possibly,
I used to make them (and other tooled leather items) to sell but I havent done a lot recently (bit of a pain sourcing the right leather here although can be done)

Would be exspensive but for that £15000 id throw in the shipping free LOL… (but no… it wouldent be that much )

I really need to get back into doing it … procrastination is a skill I have a masters in :stuck_out_tongue:

@runswithdogs, you make them, I’ll manage the contracts :slight_smile:

I’ve mentioned before how crafty my wife and daughter are.

Came home yesterday and found these on the kitchen counter.
I don’t know what it’s for, but I know there’s a craft behind it. :neutral_face:

Maybe gardening? Eggshells are great fertilizer if you crush some put them in the hole you dig for whichever plant or tree. Crushing them and spreading them around plant beds helps with keeping slugs away too. I love gardening lol

Oh, that’s a good guess! But we don’t have a garden. :slight_smile:

There’s got to be a craft in play. Why just the other day, Lisa was staining perfectly good doilies with coffee. :man_shrugging:

I quit asking a long time ago. My biggest concern is just making sure I don’t accidentally drink her “art coffee”. :face_vomiting:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #181

Maybe dyed, crushed and used as mosaic pieces?

On the gardening front they are good for seed starters…

I’ll be sure to post a photo of the final product.

I’m as excited as you are!

(Duncan Kerridge) #183

I picked up a scruffy mahagony sideboard a few months ago that someone was throwing out and broke it down thinking I might use the wood someday. Here’s the first thing, a box to store and dry our kindling for the wood burner.

(Jane) #184

Just finished this one.

These pics were taken on my phone so not much I can do to correct the color. The shawl isn’t as purple as the first pic and not as grey as the second. Somewhere in between. A really soft lilac.