Keto Krafts/Art - show and chat right here! By JANIE

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #143

I tried my hand at wire wrapping for a while. It’s tedious so I know a lot of time went into those pieces. They’re beautiful!

@Janie, when people ask me to make them something and they say, no really, now many hours would it take you and say I paid you $10 an hour and I tell them then that would be a $400 quilt depending on how intricate you want it, they crap themselves. People stopped asking and I give stuff as gifts and then they really appreciate them later, because they’ve been quoted!

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #144

At the top of the box where you are typing is a horizontal line with an arrow above it. Click that and you can upload a photo.

(Running from stupidity) #145

So if I want something, I just ask for a quote?

I like this system.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #146

Pretty much.

(Doug) #147

WOW Amanda - damn, that is some beautiful stuff.

Giving expression to creative parts of yourself is a great thing. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Running from stupidity) #148

[spoiler]Darn it[/spoiler], I wish I could think of something I wanted now that I’ve cracked the code.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #149

Lemme quote shipping to Australia: $Too much.

Well, that solves that!

(Running from stupidity) #150

This, quite literally, is the story of my life :slight_smile:

(Doug) #151

Wait a minute… Britain shipped a whole bunch of people there, and this was back before jet airplanes were criss-crossing the skies…

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #152

Oh, right. I forgot I have a ship sitting around collecting barnacles. Let me get that ready to ship ONE quilt.

(Running from stupidity) #153

But they were crims, so they had other reasons in play :slight_smile:

#PENALCOLONY

I’m a waitin’!

(Doug) #154

Mic, by any change have you read this book? I’d say Top 20 in my whole life.

(Running from stupidity) #155

I have, but not for a LONG time. Need to re-read, thanks.

(Jessica) #156

So I know why Americans use “fairy units” and other weird stuff. It’s because we hated everything British after the war. They drive on the left? We’ll drive on the right. Converting to metric? We’ll just use Imperial, thanks. I really think Australians should do the same, seeing as how they were forcibly booted.

(Running from stupidity) #157

We mostly used it as a system to get them to give us a free trip out of the place, as I understand it.

(Jessica) #159

Ahhhhh, sneaky move.

(Running from stupidity) #160

Easier than fighting wars. But then, that’s not one of our national hobbies :slight_smile:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #161

I whole heartedly agree and would like to propose this to the Australian parliament.

Couldent knit if the fate of the world depended on it. Think my mum ended up rocking back and forth in the corner after trying to teach me LOL.

Turns out Im better at things that require a hammer.

Well if it comes to the fate of the world, we’re gonna need that leather armor more than we’re gonna need something knitted, anyway. :+1: