Keto/Health podcasts

(Michelle) #1

I listen to a LOT of podcasts (I have a dog, so listen while walking him I get through a lot). Here is a list of the ones I listen to. Anyone else care to share their lists?

The Low Carb Leader
Fasting Talk
Low-Carb Conversations
The Fat-Burning Man
Keto Talk with Jimmy Moore and the Doc
Ketogenic Athlete Podcast
Ketovangelist Kitchen
Ketovangelist
Low Carb Keto Living (Naturopath Jen)
The Keto Diet Podcast (with Leanne Vogel)
2 Keto Dudes
Livin’ La Vida Low Carb Show
On Air with Ella
Primal Potential

I listen to other topics as well, these are just the health related ones. :smile:

Favorite Podcasts
(Bart) #2

i highly recommend…

High Intensity Health Radio with Mike Mutzel

Excellent Keto and Health podcast

(Michelle) #3

thanks! just added that one too.

(Ashley Haddock) #4

The Fat Emperor with Ivor Cummins :slight_smile:

(Danielle) #5

What’s the preferred podcast app or website? I currently use Google Play with some success, it brought me to 2KetoDudes. :smiley:

(Michelle) #6

I listen to everything from my iPhone, but you can also go to each person’s website to listen from your computer too.

(Bart) #7

I actually use Overcast app on the iphone. I like it, but that is not to say there are not waaay better players out there.

I like Primal Edge Health, though the podcast side is mostly just the Q&A part of their content usually.

(Ross Daniel) #9

I use PocketCasts for Android. It is a great player.

Also, I do not see Peter Defty’s podcast called “Food for Thought” listed yet. I listen to it on a regular basis: https://ofm.podbean.com/

(Crow T. Robot) #10

If you aren’t familiar with Vinnie, Ivor Cummins and Dr. Jeff Gerber had a chat with him not too long ago, which is a fun video. He totally looks like Jeff’s twin brother.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #11

It would be good to add these to the Podcast Wiki post

(A ham loving ham! - VA6KD) #12

I use Podcast Addict on Android.

https://podcastaddict.uservoice.com

It has a great search function and found a of the podcasts mentioned earlier.

Yeah, I use Podcast Addict as well. It does seem to suffer from glitches, where the audio will jump around a bit (ie. it’ll start replaying from 30 seconds ago, or skip ahead 15 seconds etc)

The search does work well, and it has a LOT of features.

does he have a podcast? How did I not know this?

(jketoscribe) #15

I like Vinnie when he’s talking about low carb diet and exercise but he also does the “shock jock” thing-- a Howard Stern wannabe. At a certain point I got tired of the talk about his penis and his lust for women’s boobs and dropped him from my list.

(Crow T. Robot) #16

You’re right. He’s not a typical podcast in the sense of the others – just diet and exercise. He does go overboard sometimes on his shows with Anna Vocino. I think he’s trying to dial it back somewhat, but it still comes out from time to time. I always check out the show notes for those before listening because they often mention the subject matter and you can usually tell if it’s going to be a raunchy show that day.

(Ashley Haddock) #17

He does! There are only 9 episodes though. I just found it a couple weeks ago thanks to a friend.

Been there and subscribed on iTunes!

(Michael Wallace Ellwood) #19

Um…not keto, or even LC, but there is also Chris Masterjohn.

A very thoughtful and thought-provoking gentleman.

He’s kind of revamped his website/blog/podcasts recently, and gone a bit more “commercial”, but there is still a ton of free, science-based information on there.

(I have a great respect for him, if for nothing else, because he was one of the first online writers to write extensively and sensibly about cholesterol (and this was way back). I did make the mistake initially, of thinking that this meant he was also low-carb, but he isn’t. Nevertheless, he has a lot of interesting things to say, and I don’t think he should be discounted or ignored).

(Crow T. Robot) #20

Yeah, I was under that impression for a while myself. He doesn’t get into the “carb wars”, though. He’s pretty quiet on the topic. I get the impression he’s somewhat Weston Price oriented and that gets him linked with low carb (though WAPF isn’t).