Keto/Health podcasts

(MakinBacon) #21

2 Keto Dudes is obviously my favorite and what kick started me on my keto journey. Based on this thread, I binged on Fasting Talk, and now I’m about half way through Keto Talk. I seriously can’t get enough of these podcasts! I don’t have any to add to this thread, but if I find something not listed I’ll post it up.

(Kris Murdock) #22

I use Pocket Casts and like it very much.

I would add Found My Fitness by Dr. Rhonda Patrick. It isn’t keto specific but she has had some great interviews with keto experts like Peter Attia and Dominic D’Aogostino. If nothing else, I would download those episodes. March 12th and March 23rd of last year.

(David) #23

Can I put a huge recommendation for Latest in Paleo by Angelo Copolla. Angelo recently had a new baby and has taken a break from his podcast, but the back issues are well worth taking a journey through. Angelo achieved better health and significant weight loss through various ways of eating that will be familiar to all of us. Despite the name, this is not really a Paleo ™ podcast. His podcast covers health news and other issues. If anyone fancies listening I want to suggest that you start with early episodes and listen in order. That way you get to experience Angelo’s journey.

Edit: I think the break from occasional is permanent sadly. A great loss to the online health community, but it reminds me that the people who put in so much time and effort to create great content for us need thanking more and again. It also makes me more accepting of advertising in lchf podcasts.

Not sure about Angelo Copolla. He recommends cooking in non stick cookware so to reduce using fats in cooking. He recommends legumes and grains for daily consumption, including “healthy whole grain”. And 1 to 4 serving fruits daily. He says to eat meat only once per week, and eggs only twice per week. And zero dairy. I’d be fat and sick (and eating leathery dry food improperly cooked without sufficient fat) if I followed his advice.

His recommendations are anti-ketogenic.

(David) #25

Yes, he is, but I think he has come to that position through a personal journey (which includes lchf) , rather than thoughtlessly following received wisdom or dogma.

A Ketogenic diet is right for me right now (and may always be), but I think if I substitute ‘will always be’ for may always be, I am falling into a bad way of thinking by assuming that something that is true today will be true tomorrow.

People like Angelo challenge that thinking, and I believe they are worth listening to for that reason alone, and some other people on the forum might find the same thing.