Keto Frito

(UsedToBeT2D) #1

2eggs, 2tbsp whipping cream, 1/8 cup shredded mozzarella, some chopped green pepper,

dash lemon pepper seasoning, whip it up, pour over 1 oz pork chorizo at bottom of ramekin, bake 20 mins at 350F.

What Did You Keto Today? Part IV
(Bob M) #2

Interesting. Why is it called a “Frito”?

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #3

I’m wondering the same, since it looks to be baked, not fried. Simply for the rhyme, perhaps?

(Bob M) #4

I was thinking this might be a good thing for my family to make, as if it reheats well, our kids could have these for breakfast.

So, it’d be nice to see what else is out there in this vein…if I knew what to call them, I could do a search to see how well these reheat and for other recipes.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #5

Looks tasty, that’s for sure. My sister makes a frittata that reheats nicely. I’d expect this recipe to, as well.

I’m going to make these for brunch today. Thanks for the recipe!

———————
And it was delicious. I modified the color of my pepper and used regular sausage as that’s what I had. Thoroughly enjoyed!

A970B792-45F6-4CA4-8A76-848D72ECBCDF

(UsedToBeT2D) #7

Nice

(UsedToBeT2D) #8

My twist on Frittata…Rhyming thing. Keto Frito.

(Bob M) #9

I’ll see if I can make this weekend, and get the kids to help or at least select what they want in them. Then, I’ll cook, cool, put in fridge, and reheat the next day to see how they are.

(UsedToBeT2D) #10

Yes. Rhyme

I was thinking Frito’s chips. I was starting up on all types of food fantasies for a min!

(Bacon for the Win) #12

this is so pretty that I had to order new ramekins. Hope to be making it soon.

(KCKO, KCFO) #13

Probably it memics Frito pie. A popular dish in Texas and New Mexico. Made in a Frito’s corn chip bag with chili and cheese layered over the chips. (It isn’t baked like this recipe is) I loved that stuff in my other life.

(Bob M) #14

I could see that being tasty. Nice and crunchy, too.

You might get close if you did this, which shows the idea. You basically make fat head dough, roll it thin, bake it a while, cut it into triangles, then rebake. You wouldn’t get the same taste, though, as those corn chips are seasoned with who knows what. Then, you add the chili and cheese.

(KCKO, KCFO) #15

LOTS of salt that is why I loved them back in the day.

I actually have some corn flavoring that might work with a recipe I have for keto crackers. I might try that next time I want a batch of those crackers. The crackers are more the texture of the chips than a fat head dough would be.

Thanks for the link. I’ve been browsing around on this site. Have you made any recipes from there?

(Bob M) #17

I’m not sure I have. I have made the keto nachos, but wherever I got the recipe, I only used the recipe for the nachos themselves. Otherwise, I think my wife and I just added “normal” stuff like cheese, ground beef + taco seasoning, canned/jarred jalapenos, etc.

And I have to use the Fat Head Pizza dough in moderation, as it tends to give me issues if I eat too much. I thought was the cheese, but I think it might be the almonds, which I basically never eat otherwise.