What Did You Keto Today? Part IV

food

I have heard other people mention this bread. I’ve got to find some and try it out!

(Butter Withaspoon) #2225

Thank you so much! What a nice surprise to get your recipe and notes. I’ve saved on my phone ready for scallop day.

Today I am in love with my oh so fatty beef bones soup. The tomato has coloured the fat overnight and made it umami perfection. The green leaves from my garden are fresh and healthful, the liquor from my home lactofermented sunchokes is a miracle secret ingredient.

I had to wash my face afterwards because chewing on fatty bones is not elegant and I’m expecting visitors. Hope the house doesn’t smell too meaty!

(Allie) #2226

As I’ve said many times, my girls make the best eggs, infused with love :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Fried and topped with olive oil and nutritional yeast.

Still in the habit of cooking five as it always used to be four for me, one for Chunk… :broken_heart:

Ham, cauliflower, mushroom, green pepper, yellow tomato and cheddar.

Yep…Gourmet meal for sure…:neutral_face: - Left most in their cans to at least add some color :laughing:

IMG_5195

Kind of an odd mixture here, but the brownie mug cake with sweetened whipped cream was from last night.

17BB4D54-F59F-47FC-85EE-A2D02387230B

Brunch was a recipe from another forum member. Keto Frito

A970B792-45F6-4CA4-8A76-848D72ECBCDF

Not pictured: And if I hadn’t already had enough cheese and eggs I also had a cheesy chaffle. Also homemade Greek yogurt With the last few strawberries and homemade keto blueberry sauce.

(Bacon for the Win) #2230

barbacoa on zoodles with a couple eggs. image

Dinner… Couple Burgers with Fried Onions, Mushrooms and Sour Cream. Pepperoni, Cheese, Olives and Pickles. Also had an Almond Milk, Iced Tea and Water. Plus 2 Squares Ghirardelli Intense Dark.

IMG_5199

(Neil) #2232

Rogue Creamery cheeses to break this 5-day fast. The Oregon Blue was divine!

Started my first hot meal of the day by cooking up some bacon, saving the bacon fat to cook everything else in:

Then made a Spanish frittata with asparagus, green bell pepper, bacon and cheese, topped with homemade crème fraiche and avocado:

Dinner was cinnamon beef stew with orange gremolata:

Dessert was blackberries with crème fraiche and vanilla:

Absolutely gorgeous :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

(Butter Withaspoon) #2234

Reminder to self: never look at this thread when hungry. You people are killing me with your beautiful tasty pics!
Today I am turning the Very Fat beef bones into the soup. I think it’s going to be a good one so I’m sharing a look at some ingredients. I do food very cheaply and grow a lot of my ingredients. These very cheap fatty bones from my butcher are my go to.
For flavour I have fermented sunchokes and the juice, oregano, a kind of winter spinach, fresh oregano and bay, lemon slices, dried whole chillis - all from my garden! There are other ingredients from the shops.

(FRANK) #2235

@velvet, what is your recipe for Russian eggs?

Very simple: hard boiled eggs cut in half, topped with mayo and caviar. I learned to do this on my travels through what was then the " East Block" , eastern Europe, decades ago. I’ve been hooked ever since.

Last night’s dinner: chicken enchilada using leftover Costco rotisserie chicken. I used a combination recipe from https://www.wholesomeyum.com/low-carb-chicken-enchiladas-recipe/#pinit for the basic recipe including the sauce. For the tortillas I use a recipe from Gnom-Gnom which is so ridiculously easy. https://www.gnom-gnom.com/grain-free-keto-tortillas/#wprm-recipe-container-3893

New York steak and mushroom medley. Yum!

Looks delicious. What’s your favorite way to prepare steak? I love to sous vide mine to 130° and then a reverse sear on a cast iron skillet using the side burner on the outdoor grill. I add avocado oil, butter, and a few sprigs of rosemary to the pan. 45 seconds per side.

I am shy about heating plastic near food. There are many types of plastic and we really have little info about what leaches out of them and what the long term effect of ingestion is. So, while Sous Vide is really attractive to me, I have not tried it yet. I hope they will come up with a way to Sous Vide in glass…

I marinate, the longer the better, all the tougher cuts of steak in red wine, Braggs aminos, pepper, avocado oil and water. Then I pop them into a 400 degree oven, usually. Occasionally I pan fry, and when the heat abates, I will grill again. The grill, very hot, works best. I don’t turn the steak until I see drops of moisture bubbling up on top, then I flip and just do another minute or so to sear.

Better quality steaks, I skip the marinating and just coat with aminos, desired spices and herbs, and top with goose fat. Other than that, same procedure.

lol. well, i choke down Montezuma’s 100% absolute black with almond and sea salt chocolate bar (with a little stevia dribbled on top). i’m going to have to try the brie, cuz, hey, it can’t get any worse!!! :wink:

(Ashley) #2242

Are you opposed to silicone? You can get reusable silicone bags for sous vide.

Sounds really yummy! I will occasionally marinate, and am happy when I do. Mostly for flank steak when I’m making fajitas. I’m really cautious about plastics and microwaves. Even if there’s a safe for microwave symbol on the container I won’t do it.