Keto Friendly Doctor List?

(Kathy L) #4

Me too -but made an appt. at a functional medicine/natural clinic… (WI) am hopeful for more in depth hormone testing, since I’ve been on a stall for months. Fingers are crossed.

(Karen) #5

I have been searching for a doctor who will support me in this. I’m having no luck.

(Sandra Watson) #6

LOVE the idea of a list here… perhaps ask the powers that be?

(Kathy L) #7

I have heard Jimmy Moore and the doc say (on one of the podcasts) that we need more “functional medicine” doctors. So when I searched for Functional Drs in my area, I kept coming up with “Natural medicine” clinics. SO - I’m trying a new doc today,(from a Natural Family Clinic) but if she doesn’t support keto, or knows nothing about it and doesn’t seem interested in it, I will not go back. I have a list of resources for her to look at and all my blood work showing improvement over the past 3 years. Wish me luck!

Did you ask when you made the appt? Or are you getting a free first evaluation?

(Kathy L) #9

Was offered a free 10 min phone call to ask questions, but opted to make appointment after reading their online bios. Seemed like it was the closest fit to what I was looking for in my area. Just was prepared to walk away if the doc was not keto friendly (which she is -not a proponent -but definitely against sugars & grains -a big PLUS)

Looking for a Keto friendly Doctor

Good, finding a health care provider that works with you is great.

(Rhett McJunkin) #11

I am located near Charlotte NC and have had zero luck in locating a keto friendly physician. I would really like to be able to consult with a doctor that could help me go through my lipids and understand my progress, or lack thereof. How can we discover physicians who support this dietary lifestyle??

(Becky) #12

I learned about Keto from a homeopathic medical doctor in Scarsdale NY, Suzanne Saltzman is her name. She also referred me to an endocrinologist in Mt. Kisco NY, Dr. Che Chan who understands her work.

(AD Keto) #13

Were you ever able to find a Capital Region keto-friendly doc? I’m in Guilderland, and currently on the search for a new GP. The the first one that’s listed on that Jimmy Moore “keto-friendly doctors” list – the doctor located in Saratoga – hasn’t been there since 2015. He’s moved to Idaho, apparently.

The second one listed, in East Greenbush, is a chiropractor, and not exactly a general practitioner.

(Karen) #14

No luck. If you come across one, would you let me know?

(Eric Sodicoff) #15

I’m a MD practicing internist in suburban Philadelphia. I more recently became ABOM certified in in Obesity. I function mostly as a primary care doctor but also pinch hit in hospital medicine fairly frequently. My philosophy with regard to most chronic disease is fix diet first and get back to me if there is still a problem. I use LCHF, keto or paleo as first-line diet of choice for virtually everyone. I was at Keto-Fest and met Carl & Richard there although I doubt they remember me. They were very busy. If you need a Keto friendly doc near Philly call me! Office #610-495-2300

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #16

Try this link to the American Obesity Assocation, clicking on the button for finding a doctor:

I saw a great interview with Dr. Mary Vernon, conducted by Dr. Eenfeldt when she was president of this organization. Dr. Westman succeeded her as president, so I think they are solidly keto-friendly.

Don’t go to the society of bariatric surgeons; they promote surgery as the only real cure for obesity. They just had Kevin Hall giving a major lecture at their recent annual convention, so that gives you an idea. (He had a fight with Gary Taubes about a study NuSi wanted to fund, so he is now firmly in the “carbs are really good for you” camp.)

upstate ny is pretty much a dead zone for health. I cant seem to find anyone in our area either I am in saratoga area.
maybe we need a capital region FB group or something to at least try and help each other out?
Hope @Kave70 sees this also, wonder how many of us are in here?

(AD Keto) #18

I’ve actually got an appointment with Dr. Ryan in Colonie in a couple of weeks. Here’s the website:

http://ryanfamilymedicine.com

From what I’ve read, he’s a practitioner of functional medicine, and when I filled out the ‘new patient’ form, I talked about how I was looking for a doc that understood the benefits of keto.

I’ll let you know how it goes.

(Fernando Aramburo) #19

Just wanted to share an additional doctor, for anyone in Houston. This guys and his team (so far, everyone very well educated and super up on most innovative interventions including Keto) seem to be on point. He takes most insurance, but a lot of the initial testing he does is not covered by insurance- he is the only functional medical MD that I have found takes insurance in Houston and is very accessible. I see his RN Jennifer Meaders as my primary point of contact but the doc name is Dr. Chen, Texas Center for Lifestyle Medicine, www.texascenterforlifestylemedicine.org . You can really geek out here. If you end up seeing Jennifer as your primary contact let her know Fernando sent you! (you can ask for anyone there to be the primary contact, the Dr. sees you after you see the primary contact).

Let me if you end up here and like or dont like it! At the moment both my wife and I use Dr. Ruan as our primary physician.

very interested in how you make out. I didnt see anything on his website that mentioned keto.
But like idea he has NTP on staff. please let me know how visit goes

(KCKO, KCFO) #21

I stumbled on this listing, has even more than just drs.It is an international listing. Putting it in here so I can find it again when needed.

http://foodmed.net/gd-home/

(Eric Sodicoff) #22

There is going to be Three Keto Friendly Doctors doing a Q&A after a Screening of The Magic Pill documentary on June 19 near Philadelphia!
https://fan-force.com/screenings/the-magic-pill-amc-plymouth-meeting-mall-12-pa/

It’s sponsored by the Nutrition Coalition

(Pete) #23

I live in MA (Plymouth County and would really like to find a keto friendly doctor in my neck of the woods/// even better if the doctor in a cardiologist as I had stents implanted 10 years ago and I am on a high dosage statin and zetia to control my cholesterol level which I just recently had tested with my levels of Total Cholesterol at 149, HDL 68, LDL 68, VLDL 13.4 and Triglyceride 67. I know these are great numbers, but now I am learning that that don’t mean diddely squat in terms of being factors leading to clogged arteries and heart disease. I have discussed getting off of the statin and zetia with my PCD but he is totally against it because it “keeps my cholesterol levels in check which helps to prevent strokes and heart attacks”. I askes him this before I learned about the keto diet and now that I have a bit more knowledge I would like to discuss my options with a doctor who understands more about how nutrition really works in out bodies. I still have a bit of hesitation because of the many years that I had to hear repeatedly about how much fat in the diet is so bad. But I am getting better accepting the real truth. So… If anyone knows of a keto friendly doctor in my area I would really appreciate any info on it. Thanks!

What if Keto Just Doesn't Work for Everyone?