Keto forbidden!

(Ellen) #1

Ugh, tomorrow is Wellness Day at work, were we will all be taking some time to focus on our physical & mental well being, there will also be a “healthy” lunch provided, which will include various sandwiches on wholemeal bread, wholemeal pittas with low fat hummus, crudites (which I’ll probably eat), pasta salad with low fat dressing and 0% fat yoghurt and fruit. I pointed out that none of that was particularly healthy and could I bring in my own salad & dressing, but no that’s not engaging with the the concept of Wellness & team building, and besides which I was wrong, because everyone knows that FULL FAT IS BAD M’KAY! So I guess that I’ll be having some cucumber slices and taking the bread off the sandwiches to eat the meat. Then go home and have a bacon cheese burger!

(bulkbiker) #2

ask them for the proof that fat is bad… and take in your burger…

(Jenn Monaghan) #3

Smuggle in an avocado!

(Ellen) #4

I think avocado would be allowed, might tell them my cheese is low fat so I can have some of that!

(Travis Harris) #5

You should bring a bag of pork rinds to lunch.

(Linda Culbreth) #6

Sounds like a good fasting day.

(Chris) #7

Sounds like a bagged lunch or fasting day. If it were me I’d make a big stink. But, without knowing the culture of your work environment I wouldn’t presume to give such advice.

(Brian) #8

I wouldn’t be beyond coming down with a brief bout of “stomach flu”, which would mean I wouldn’t be eating anything. I might sip a little ice water and be sociable, do lots of nodding and smiling. And then go home and eat something good.

(Ellen) #9

:laughing:

I’m torn between just having my normal salad with olive oil & cheese, fasting or just bringing in a ton of cold bacon & an avocado!

(Ellen) #10

Yeah, to be fair, all the staff here think it’s absolute Rollocks, but we’ve got the MD breathing down our necks wanting photos.

Yes, perfect idea, great fasting incentive…there won’t be anything worth eating anyway. :rofl:

(Jan) #12

I feel your pain. Gotta support the team, I guess. But gotta support your own health first!

(Mark Rhodes) #13

Bag 'O Bacon, see thru. As your munching away, tell 'em you’ll compare your lipid panel to a rabbit eaters.

(NF) #14

Hi! I’ve been on LCHF for a couple of years now and understand the problem of what workplace hosted meals can mean to those of us having different eating lifestyles. While I can be pretty militant about my eating habits, I have no desire to impose my beliefs on anyone else. I’ve learned simply to say no, thank you, with no justification necessary. I grab a sandwich, eat the meat/cheese/veggies only, drink some water. It’s sociable but won’t compromise your lifestyle.There’s also nothing wrong with you bringing some of your own food, either. Eat a great breakfast and bring some LCHF snacks for break. If you want to make a statement in regards to what you eat, tell people that you are following Mick Jagger’s and Halle Berry’s dietary changes. That will certainly open up an interesting, sometimes fun, conversation. If I’m pressed about the issue, I finally tell people I’m pre-diabetic and eating all those “healthy” carbs could kill me. Usually puts a stop to anymore questions. Good luck and enjoy, guilt and pressure free.

(Ellen) #15

You guys n girls are all fab! I ended up making a chicken salad from the sandwiches and just poured my own dressing on, so it wasn’t too bad. X

(Stickin' with mammoth) #16

Next year’s battle plan:

Pop a fat bomb before the fun starts, then one after it’s over. Keto dosing.

Whole coconut milk with a little water mixed in looks just like skim milk. You’ve got a sport bottle.

Dump your own regular bacon bits on your salad and tell them it’s turkey bacon. Nobody will know the difference from four feet away.

Slice up a hard-boiled egg and get that on there, too.

Perfectly ripe avocado and a knife. They’ll all wish they thought of it.

Lie through your ass that your blue cheese dressing is fat-free.

Coup de grace: Bring a calculator and vociferously tally up all the grams of sugar they’re eating. They may eschew fat but they can’t ignore the sugar.

Bottom line, you’ll be thinner, happier and healthier at each successive workplace hosted meal. If their eyes are workin’, maybe their brains will follow suit.

(Sophie) #17

Snorted wine all over my fucking keyboard!!! :wine_glass: :joy::rofl::joy:

(Stickin' with mammoth) #18

I’m gonna go up my dose.

(reaches for matcha coconut oil fat bomb that I used so matcha to make that it looks and takes like a pond)

(Sophie) #19

Macha You Always Use So Mucha?!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Stickin' with mammoth) #20

(sigh) I didn’t mean to. It just looked so pretty with all the green and they actually tasted pretty good right off the spoon. I rationalized that they’d be sort of like keto vitamins with all the matcha. Too bad they taste like them.