Keto Connect no bake cheesecake

(Damon Chance) #29

I’m getting close… sometimes with some pb2 in it because I’m weaning myself off of peanut butter.

(Jeremy Storie) #30

I have myself a spoonful of peanut butter every now and then too :grin:

(Ernest) #31

HAHAHA @jeremystorie

(Darlene Horsley) #32

I’m confused. Wouldn’t the entire box have 8 grams of total carb? What am I missing here?

(Damon Chance) #33

<1 usually means .5 otherwise they would have to round it up.

(Darlene Horsley) #34

Got it. Thanks for explaining it to me.

I wonder if this would be good as a key lime pie.

(Jeremy Storie) #36

I’ve often wondered the same thing.

(Michael) #37

I made pretty much this this past weekend except added some canned pumpkin along with pumpkin spice to make a pumpkin cheesecake.

For the crust I melted butter and threw a container of macadamia nuts in the processor, added a bit of almond flour (bc all macadamia nut for the crust would be way out of my budget lol, they are good but so expensive), some cinnamon, and some erythritol. I then baked it for ab 15 minutes at 350 degrees until it started turning golden brown. Wasn’t quite the same as my old crushed oreos + butter pie crust, but it was very delicious nonetheless. Had to test out a dessert to make for Thanksgiving so I am not tempted!

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #38

Or go savory… no one ever wants to take cheesecake savory, but it goes there very nicely… beat some lox and chives into that.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #39

Technically, <1 means somewhere between .5g and .99g. I count it as .75 or 1 when it’s <1g.

(Terence Dean) #40

This sounds alright but what do you use to make the base?

(Jeremy Storie) #41

Do you mean the crust? This recipe is crust less.

(Terence Dean) #42

Ah ok but I see Michael used macadamia nuts which was a suggestion that my wife made too. Sounds like it turned out ok so we might give this a go, they’re not too expensive in Oz being native to NSW. Cheers.

(Jeremy Storie) #43

This is another cheesecake recipe that I adjusted for keto. I used a pecan and almond flour for the crust. I also added some vanilla to the crust that wasn’t in the original recipe.

(Terence Dean) #44

Thanks for the recipes, will try both crust versions. I’ve never tried artificial sweeteners so may go with raw honey and see what happens.

(Terence Dean) #45

Just reporting back on our adventures in making Cheese cake. The macadamia nuts used for the base was quite nice actually, we made a coffee version based on the recipe inside the Philadelphia Cream box, only thing we changed was to add honey rather than the 3/4 cup of sugar. It was terrible, tasted too fatty and nothing like you’d expect for a normal cheese cake. So rather than throw it out I softened the filling and added half a cup of caster sugar. That was a lot better and now it tastes how it should, so the next question is how do I sweeten the filling without using an artificial sweetener. Anyone have ideas?

(Jeremy Storie) #46

If you’re going to use honey you should just use regular sugar. No natural sweetener is ketogenic.

(Candy Lind) #47

Are they listening? I hope so!
WHOOP!
:tada: :balloon: :confetti_ball: :fireworks:

(Pat) #48

I made this but doubled the recipe. I first made a base with ground almonds mixed with egg pressed into the base of the pan and baked it. Then I put the cheesecake mixture on the top then raspberries on top of that. It was delicious. Thank you for the recipe.