Keto bread, that you can barely tell the difference in taste?

(Donna) #21

Thanks for letting me know about the Husk powder. I will take a pic of your post, so I don’t forget, when I go out in search for the product.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #22

Actually, no ! This bread tastes SO much better than “normal bread” :slight_smile: We did use Splenda sweeterner, and about 50% more of it, plus I used about 50% extra butter too :slight_smile: But honestly, my GF and I both agreed that it tastes like some kind of expensive Artisan whole wheat sweet bread… Makes fantastic sandwiches, and toasts great too. We have also used it to make my sandwich buns, and those came out great as well.

And finally, this stuff helps my digestion so much (because of the oat fiber) that its almost a necessity for me now :slight_smile: …my daily bread :slight_smile: lol

Made more yesterday, and again, it came out fantastic :slight_smile: Mmmmm.

Help converting a recipe
Bread?
(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #23

That ‘it’ in your second paragraph - you do mean the bread, right? It’s just that the part about it helping your digestion has made me wonder… :rofl:

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #24

Yes, the oat fiber in the bread.
I guess proper English says you have to say the actual name of the item again, when you start a new paragraph :blush:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #25

Your English is absolutely perfect, Chris - I was just making a rather naughty digestion-related joke about exactly what it was that came out fantastic!

:wink:

I’ll get my coat…!

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #26

Okay i was a little slow :slightly_smiling_face:

Yea, “everything came out okay” :grin: lol

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #27

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:+1:

(Central Florida Bob ) #28

Is there a recipe for that, besides “watch the video”?

For recipes, even things I’ve cooked a dozen times, I print out a copy to keep in front of me while I’m making it.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #29

Yes. It takes a couple clicks though.
If you expand the info under that video, he has a link to the lady who originally posted the recipe (Dierdra). If you expand her video info, she has the recipe and list of ingredients in type print. I saved that, but should have it memorized soon :slightly_smiling_face:

(Adam ) #30

I’ve made that bread in my bread maker and it is excellent I found if you add a couple tablespoons of sunflower seeds and/or sesame seeds it makes it 10 times better

(Heather Meyer) #31

Does that bread have wheat gluten in it?

(KCKO, KCFO) #32

Yes, the bread in the video uses wheat gluten, that is why I won’t be using it. Looks great for anyone who isn’t sensitive or allergic to gluten.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #33

But hey guys, right at the first part of the video, he says, “If you are gluten intolerant, click on a link he shows, to see a similar video / recipe on how to make gluten free Keto bread”. Of course I have not looked for that, as I’m okay with gluten, but you guys might want to find that…

(Jeff S) #34

I make a batch of the psylium husk rolls, store them in a bag in the fridge and then toast them to crisp them up… utterly fantastic. The crust gets positively crunchy. Next batch is going to be breadstick-shaped to get maximum crunchy ratio.

(KCKO, KCFO) #35

But the recipe it links too is not a yeasty high rising bread. I have plenty of non yeast recipes I like. But again, if you are not having issues with gluten, it looks great. I just couldn’t eat it without paying for it in pain.

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #36

Oh okay. I’m sorry. I had never really went to watch that, but I guess I should have figured their might be a downside, or else everybody would eat the carb free, gluten free bread instead…

(Diane) #37

:grin:

Just want to add that I think I’ve made every dang keto bread recipe out there (the gnom-gnom.com yeast bread was probably the best) and I’ve come to find that the basic chaffles are easier and tastier for making plain old sandwiches, French toast, croutons, even garlic bread… I’m a happy camper!

Hear! Hear!

The basic chaffle can be sweet as well. Just top with either SF maple syrup or cover with cinnamon and sweetener (churro!). For savory, I just top with butter or Jalapeno cream cheese. Lately, I’ve been using a Jalapeno Artichoke dip.

When I head to the kitchen for a quick trip, it’s usually:

• Plug in the waffle maker
  • Wash any dishes that are sitting in the sink while it’s heating up
  • Load up the first waffle
  • Fill my water bottles
  • Take out the first waffle and load the second waffle
  • Start making my sandwich (or whatever)
  • Unplug the waffle maker and take out the second waffle
  • Finish the sandwich (or whatever)
  • Take everything back to my room

That usually takes me about 10 minutes.

(KCKO, KCFO) #40

We love them as burger buns. Did the no cheese one, and it is just a great waffle, when adding cinammon and vanilla extract to the batter.

We have several bread recipes we do like, but the chaffles are the quick bread at our house these days.