Keto bread, that you can barely tell the difference in taste?

You just inspired me to put jalapeños IN my sandwich chaffle! Came out awesome!!!

Do you have a link for the no cheese one please?

(KCKO, KCFO) #43

Chaffles all have cheese, it is waffle with cheese as main ingredient, but this is a high protein waffle very similar in texture and taste to the chaffles. I got this from the Chaffle thread, you might want to visit that thread as well, but the original recipe is from here:

This recipe is good…but even better with the addition of yeast (taste only, won’t help the rise)
Dissolve 2 or 3 tsp yeast in 1/4 cup warm water with an activation source (no gasping, I used 1 tsp maple syrup), let sit five min til foamy
Add before the remainder of the water (remember to lessen water to 3/4 cup as you have already added the 1/4 cup with the yeast) is added.
I have been wheat free for over ten years (due to allergy to wheat and gluten) and this is my fav bread.
Also, if you make eight they can actually be cooked in a waffle maker…(one eighth of the recipe fit perfectly in my Belgium waffle maker (fits one chaffle recipe))

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #45

Thanks, @Bendigirl - I’ll have a go next time! I haven’t made keto bread actually since discovering chaffles to make soft sandwich bread - but I’ll grab some yeast next time I’m doing rolls!

fishmanAdam

FishChris

Just wondering how many sardines to add to the bread recipe? Is fish really the secret ingredient?

I found this recipe that is gluten free. I didn’t have the bone broth collagen, so I used the unflavored collagen. It does have a little tahini taste which I don’t mind. The texture was very bread like and freezes well.
https://www.lilsipper.com/4-ingredient-white-sandwich-bread-nut-free/

(Dirty Lazy Keto'er, Sucralose freak ;)) #48

That looks really good. I’m still making my low carb yeast bread every week. And apparently gluten doesn’t bother me, as I’m doing great. But I’d try this just for something different…
Thank you.

You’re welcome my next batch I added Everything but the bagel seasoning. So good

(Jeff S) #50

Wow… This is a FANTASTIC recipe. And no egg at all. I made a batch of these today and used one to make a sandwich with cream cheese, smoked salmon and capers. This is a game changer for me.

('Jackie P') #51

Cor this looks amazing! And it just so happens I have been patiently waiting for this moment as I have all these ingredients in my cupboard!
Going to try it later, thank you :hugs: