Just the top of the pizza

Nice. That seems like a solid option in a pinch

(Janelle) #8

We do this once a month or so. The pizza place down the street has a special that is like 5 meats and some olives. We scrape off the toppings and the dogs get a few “pizza bones” before we chuck the rest.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #9

I did that pre keto. Everyone thought I was nuts by not eating the crust.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #10

For pizza lovers someone mentioned on another thread that some pizza places will bake just the toppings in a pan, no crust.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #11

I’ve done this too. Watch out for pesky crust stickies and most of the time the sauce has a bunch of sugar so wipe it down!

Woaaahhhh…

(Empress of the Unexpected) #13

Can’t hurt to ask!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #15

If you search for Fathead or Carl’s Head pizza, you will find recipes for a crust made of cheese, egg, and nut flour. It’s pretty tasty, and very satisfying.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #16

I’m not a crusty person. :rofl::rofl:

(Bob M) #17

I find Fathead pizza to be way too much cheese for me. It’s a cheese base, then you add cheese to that. I’m going to try this instead:

(Chris) #18

I do the “scrape” with no shame. I even have “recipes” involving the scrape. Pizza omletes, pizza burgers, pizza pork rind nachos

(Scott) #19

What? No bacon?

I have never done pizza…but I have gone as far as chewing agadeshi tofu (fried battered Japanese tofu appetizer), sucking out the bean curd innards and spitting out the battered casing!

(Little Miss Scare-All) #21

The best pizza :muscle: :metal:

What I do for a pizza fix is to simply cover a small plate with mozzarella cheese, add a couple of tablespoons of the lowest carb pizza sauce I can find, add pepperonies, a little more cheese and a few jalapeños, maybe sprinkle some Parmesan and then microwave it till really crispy.

Don’t have to worry about the nut flour carbs either.

As for real pizza, I eat one full slice then scrape the rest of them.

(Cindy) #23

Why not? Sure, there’s some carbs in the sauce and some of the veggies and also a bit in the cheese, but as long as it’s not a pizza loaded with pineapple or something, eat the topping. Green peppers, mushrooms, onions, olives, cheese, pepperoni, ground beef, ham (if it’s sugar-cured, might be more sugar there, but really, how much ham is on a pizza?)…are all pretty low carb.

Hmmm, sun-dried tomatoes might be a problem, but I think you get the idea. :smiley:

This actually sounds kind of amazing…

(Cindy) #25

I’ve also had crust-less pizza. Put some low carb sauce in the bottom of a cast iron skillet, layer in all the keto friendly toppings you want. Pop the skillet into the oven until cheese is all melting bubbly and toppings are warm.

There are a bunch of cauliflower crust and crustless pizza’s in my city in the last few months, good to see.

(Alex) #27

can’t wait until low-carb pizza places start popping up around the u.s. who knows when it will happen, but i’m hopeful and confident that it will happen one day… and the owners will quickly become filthy rich! sounds like a smart business move if ya ask me