Just started and need help

(Susan) #21

Fasting for Autophagy helps with the loose skin. This is not something you should worry about at the beginning of Keto at all; but later on, when you are Fat Adapted, then you can explore that and visit our Fasting threads =). At the beginning, doing 3 meals a day and trying not to snack if you can manage that between them, eating enough, and drinking water and getting enough electrolytes are all that you should be concentrating on for now =).

(Keto Koala 🐨) #22

Thank you so much xxx

(Keto Koala 🐨) #23

I’m loving the support in this forum. You are all so kind. I was being silly and cut out coffee and just had green tea and I felt like shit. So today I had my first coffee with two teaspoons of heavy cream. It was AMAZING. I already see a slight difference, water weight of course. My hands and fingers arnt as puffy. Started a food diary today too. My leg muscles are cramping though when I walk but apart from that, I’m doing ok.

(Susan) #24

The way to avoid the cramping is to get your electrolytes balanced.

Personally I take Magnesium Citrate capsules and eat Pink Himalyan Salt, that I swallow with water, as I don’t like the taste of salted water.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #25

I will buy some asap :kissing_heart:

(Keto Koala 🐨) #26

Does anyone know how many carbs are in cooked spinach?? All different websites say different things.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #27

I just found out I went over on my carbs :roll_eyes:. I’ve didn’t know that spinach has more carbs cooked. Will this ruin my progress or do I just learn from it and start fresh tomorrow?

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #28

How far over?
Don’t stress, just learn from it. :slightly_smiling_face:
We all make mistakes at some point. Also, I (personally) wouldn’t stress as much about some extra carbs from cooked spinach as I would from pure sugar. Also, just take note of how it effects you and Leann from it.

Personally, I had one time that I had fully-sugared sweet tea, instead of unsweetened (I added sweetener so it was hard to tell.

I also had another time that I accidentally had an extra 27g of sugar carbs in flavored tea (tasted the same as the sugar-free version).

Just KCKO (keep calm, keto on)

(Keto Koala 🐨) #29

I don’t know how over. I was using a LOT of spinach thinking it was under 1g of carbs for half the bag which was 120 grams in weight. It sucks. Hey, is it ok to cut out all veggies in keto or is that not recommended?

(Keto Koala 🐨) #30

When I was anorexic I would do Keto but starve myself silly (under 500 calories) then end up eating a whole pizza with garlic bread and having to restart.:joy:. Asking many questions as I want to do it right this time. Thanks SO much for all the advice. I can’t ask my Mum because she gets upset that I’m getting obsessed ( which I’m not) but she remembers how obsessed I was as an anorexic. I just really appreciate this forum and all you guys support. Xxx

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #31

It’s totally fine! There’s even a carnivore thread!

(Keto Koala 🐨) #32

Wow, really?? Will I still be in ketosis?? Also would I get constipated from it??

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #33

Yes, to ketosis.
Not sure, to constipation.

Also, Looks like only 5g of carbs (total) in 100g of cooked spinach!
https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/342212/nutrients

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #34

(Keto Koala 🐨) #35

Oh Thank God :sweat_smile:. About the spinach. I was very annoyed because I’ve been doing so well. And as it’s only day 4 I felt awful thinking I had stuffed up. That’s sounds good about the carnivore thing too. Thank you.

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #36

You’re welcome!
We are all here to support each other. The best way to learn is to ask questions. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Ashley) #37

I’m doing carnivore! In ketosis! No bathroom issues :slight_smile:

(Mike Glasbrener) #38

All the help here is awesome! Welcome! I noticed an important point missing. This isn’t a quick fix diet! Do not obsess and punish yourself for mistakes! Relax! It’s more a way of eating/life. Mistakes are part of the process. Setbacks, plateaus will be part of the process. Ask questions. There’s many great resources here for help on any aspect of the process toward a healthier lifestyle. KCKO (keep calm keto on).

(Keto Koala 🐨) #39

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

Absolutely!!!
There is NO such thing as an essential carb and all veg are carb food. Your body can make it’s own glucose.

However, that being said, if you’ve been eating a lot of spinach and other greens you might not want to jump to straight meat only right away.