June Zero Jubilee :)

(Daisy) #61

I’m thinking it because I have the exact same reaction with cheese. It’s why I stopped eating cheese. I don’t know why it does it though, it’s annoying!

Sometimes it’s so hard to figure out these things :frowning: I like to experiment and draw conclusions, learn about myself but it’s not always easy even with my mostly reliable body. Especially nowadays when it’s not as reliable and have these strange hungry times.
Maybe it felt the problems with my magnesium levels… As I managed to get calf camps again. I need more meat to avoid that, I know but circumstances are against me. So I eat some magnesium pills for 1-2 days again as I just never will supplement it all the time. I hate supplementing, something in my mind is stubbornly against that. I want to get everything from my food.

And things change. I don’t remember the past so well but I am always very satiated after a carbier day lately. Though it sounds logical as I eat more on a carby day… But I don’t want experiment with that. If I had a half SHEEP and it wouldn’t be June, I would make a long carni trial. Next time I will have much meat and no fruit season, I will do that :slight_smile: At least a few weeks.
Now I should have 2 strict enough carni day with my goat. Then come the fish…

I will upload my meat photos later :slight_smile: I hadn’t this much since months as I did normal shopping (fish), pig farm shop and beef farm visits in the last days. I still messed up yesterday a bit, I was hungry early and it was a bad start… I didn’t go very crazy but I still feel my body loves my carbs lower. My only real remaining problem is my relationship with fruits. And it’s June now, the most massive fruit season in my garden. Well, it could be worse but even a little fruit can be too sugary. Oh well, I will handle it somehow.

thanks and I hope you get a trip to that nice restaurant you are wanting to visit again :slight_smile:

for me eggs have no stay power. they are not dense meat. yea protein but not a filler protein, they are like a side dish and even then they don’t have the density to do anything for me kinda. Some do so well on eggs, for me they never filled me up ever. I stick to real meat/seafood, you know the things that were hatched and walk HAHA they got some muscle meat on them :slight_smile: like eat the chicken, forget the egg for me LOL

on trip. wifi is sketchy at this state park campground. staying on plan for sure. everything is good…off to get the day moving and see what will go down, cloudy today, possible rain later? ugh. but gotta walk the dog now and get my morning alive. have sausage patty to heat up and I have tenderloin wanting to be eaten later :wink:
be good everyone, will check in later and hope you guys have a great day!

Eggs were my top satiating items on vegetarian keto. They are good for me :slight_smile: And I can buy plenty of high-quality eggs every week.
Fish is less satiating than eggs as far as I can tell (as I never ever tried to get satiated with fish - or even eggs - alone it’s hard to say) but some meat are extremely effective though I can’t really draw conclusions with my little experience yet.

Today I am fine, meat soup always satiated me in an extreme way. I could eat a ton but after a bowl of meat soup, I was always quite full. Soup, not even meat in it! And back then, with carby stuff… It never made any sense. Even big volume never satiated me and a bowl of soup is small volume anyway, I can handle 4.
I so wish I could buy some meat to make some soup from… It probably should be fowl, they make the really good soups. Rabbit works too. We are very inexperienced at this point (my SO cooks the meat soups) and we only could make good ruminant soup as goulash and that isn’t even keto-friendly let alone carnivore - it would work for me once a year but I really prefer those nice light clear soups.
But we will see. Now that we can visit my SO’s Mom again, maybe we will bring the mini freezer. And then I should need to wait until the beef farm will have something I want (mutton would be awesome) and buy a lot! We surely won’t buy only 1-2 rabbits from the house where we get half of our eggs… And if there are no better options, we grab multiple boxes of allegedly farm pork in the hypermarket…
I imagine we would need the freezer only sometimes, right after buying more meat (or when we have too much fruit to handle) but it could be very useful then.
Apropos pork. It’s so complicated. I’ve read articles about problems with certain breeds combined with bad feeding practices… The conclusion was that European pork should be better than American one. Of course it’s not that simple, I never touched normal pork from shops, I need a farm and I prefer knowing a lot of it… I trust the two farms where most of my meat comes from. It always sounded a good idea but the nice lady who sells stuff in the little shop of the pig farms talked about normal pork causing the body to produce way too much ureic acid and that the breeds have a big effect on it. They use hybrids, usually a famous fatty Hungarian breed, Mangalitsa/Mangalica and some other breed that has more meat. And somehow they are much better and healthy that way.
I never heard about such things before, I will try to research a bit, I don’t know if I will find good information…
Not like I eat much pork but if I could and I would think it gives me just proper nutrition, I surely would base my meat eating on it as it’s my top favorite, hands down (of course I would eat fowl and ruminants and rabbits too, variety is nice. but I adore pork). Pork is just awesome. I eat smoked pork almost every day but I can’t eat much of it as it’s smoked, not for eating in big quantities…
So I need information…

Next time I really will bring my photos. I have low energy now and it doesn’t help with my usual slight aversion to upload my photos and work with them…

of course they were, they were your only animal good protein to be had on vegetarian keto…man I have to say Shinita I wouldn’t try that veggie keto plan for anything. I would die on it LOL but if it did ya well then that is cool :slight_smile:

you are lucky you do so good on pork, many do have a pork intolerance and I also do well on pork easily but I find pork does not have the stay power that good old red meat has for me personally. But pork with a lot of yummy crispy fat on it, oh yea that can give me some time and energy, but again, I do best on beef. We all vary so different on what meat/seafood holds us so well…when we find that we found a magic key sweet spot to suit each of us personally.

photos…oh yes please :slight_smile:

(Keto Koala 🐨) #66

Very very ugly kinda Carni dinners…The condiments…oh well…:scream::upside_down_face:. @Fangs you started a good thread here
@Shinita Goat…goat goat…yes, pics when you can.:heart: Strangly pork is SO for me more than red meat…I love it with Apple sauce…but well…um…:see_no_evil: ( oh what am I doing!!! The pork comment was for both of you.:heart:)

LOL B! it is fab pork holds you and does great by you also. I love it, eat it but thru the years found it doesn’t have hold power at all for me like red meat.

but I am ALL IN zero carb. I ain’t a newbie entering the plan. I have years of ‘what works’ and ‘what leaves me wanting’ under my belt so I know me SO well on what meat/seafood works and what extra fat I need to add to food when I cook or what burger I use. I have walked the walk in that I was all in with 80/20 burger til I couldn’t stand it and now I buy only like 93/7 burger…so dry and lean but it suits me SO WELL after all this time.

So key is learn what we need. Learn what we require thru this plan and OH BOY your eating will change and adapt and even make ya crazy on what you desire. Nothing wrong with just that. Eat all the meat and seafood you need as you need it on any given day. Follow what your body asks and you can’t go wrong on carnivore ever.

cool pics and some hot sauce or condiments leaking onto meat is ok if ya feel happy eating that :slight_smile: Thru the years on plan my condiments have changed big time along with taste…again, I just follow what I like, desire, need and go from there very meal. It is fine to do just that!!

(Keto Koala 🐨) #68

@Fangs it’s weird…From Jan through to um…April I used no condiments at all…But I like them.:scream:. I’m a vinegar junkie, ok, I put like half a bottle on.:see_no_evil:. But I’m getting there… I’ve only been on keto/Carni for 5 months…Has it really been that long…god. when I started chatting on here, I had sweat dripping off the end if my nose, now I’m shivering. :snowflake::snowflake::snowflake:. Time flies…My throat hurt tonight.SO bad and I had to have a lozenge…sugar. guess what happened…INSTANT little sore bump on my tounge. But throats better.:roll_eyes:. Tonight I had beef low carb sausages, but there was rosemary and shit in there…oh well. Lamb with mint sauce is delicious…but I guess I’m half Carni. For now.:wink:

Indeed. I had cheese too but in tiny amounts, it never seemed to satiate me as well as eggs but it’s hard to tell if I always eat little of them.
But people are so very different satiation wise. My SO get satiated with anything. A mountain of carbs for breakfast? Enough for a somewhat active 10 hours, just like eggs or whatever. He eats so little meat we never figured out if that is better. Though this little half-kid is so little we eat it at the same speed (yeah because I am careful and make it last 3 days but it’s very satiating so it’s enough). Maybe he will learn to eat more meat one day! His family had lots of meat all the time and it annoyed him and followed me to vegetarianism. But I stopped when I moved out and the danger of chicken every Sunday was no more… Now I have no problem with chicken (except with the breast, it’s barely edible to me. i.e. I would eat it if that would be my only option. I rather eat gluten… I rather eat low-fat cheese and how insane is that, I never ate low-fat cheese… But I can’t imagine chicken breast would be my only option :D), I just still don’t want it every week. Nice soft little thing, tasty if home-raised, good variety, good soup but not substantial enough, probably. I can get satiated with it just fine now and then but it’s a bit like fish to me, too light somehow. And not fatty enough. As added fat doesn’t work for me, it’s important to have fatty meat. Besides, I find that tastier. Good animal fat is very tasty.

Surprisingly, the goat kid wasn’t so lean. It had wonderful tiny fatty parts. And some bigger fatty parts, still not much but enough for us to fry the liver and some meat.
And goat tallow is nice, not agressive smelling/tasting like sheep tallow. My SO, Alvaro (it’s such a trouble to write my SO every time) hates sheep tallow with a passion. It was fine in the mutton dishes in moderation but that’s it. And the not very much amount of mutton we bought back then had A LOT, I still have some… I don’t hate it but lard is WAY better, butter is WAY better so I am not very motivated to use it. I mostly give it to animals, birds in winter but the cats get a little bit sometimes.
I have fatty pork anyway and added fat doesn’t work for me so I use very very little. The tallow has little chance.

I was pretty okay on vegetarian low-carb and vegetarian keto (40g net carbs because I just could’t go lower even when I ate less than minimal vegetables. 1 kg of vegetables per day is barely anything if you asked me back then), actually. As long as my carbs were low, I felt better and didn’t overeat so much. But then I realized I need to go lower than what a vegetarian diet allows… And met you carnivore folks here… And things changed. I couldn’t do it very gradually, my already not very high vegetable consumption went down, oily seeds went down with it and meat was totally inavoidable at that point… But it was surreal for months, I often wrote that in Bob’s thread. I didn’t understand what am I doing :smiley: And of course, I didn’t do it properly as I never had much meat… But I still liked the changes and stubbornly tried to go forward after I burned the bridges back to my old ways… I can add some carbs but not vegetables or oily seeds. So it’s not sustainable or makes much sense after 1-2 days.
I always ate very much fat and animal protein on my vegetarian diets, maybe that helped me during my changes? I can’t even imagine doing low-fat and switching to keto, it’s so drastic… Low-fat alone sounds drastic and hellish too. I love fat. Maybe a bit too much but it doesn’t matter on carnivore(-ish) as I am content with little. Little to me, at least but it’s a good amount for me.

Okay, I should stop and find my photos…

The dishes will come later, I played with some photos for the pic thread too…

I decided to make photos of all my meat at the moment. Including fish as that’s animal too.
You can imagine my tiny amount of eggs (70! it’s good I have more meat than lately) and some Gouda and smoked cheese.

Half a little goat… Sadly doesn’t go a long way…

Alvaro was asked (I wasn’t there, I had more than enough of masks at that point. I made photos about the scenery, with my phone. I will upload them in the pic thread one day) if he wanted innards too. What a question? Well of course! So he got enough for a whole kid - it seems, not everyone had the same opinion. Maybe it’s too expensive for the general young goat price but innards!!! We so wanted them since the beginning and they stopped selling them. And it’s goat innards, how exciting!
(We totally enjoy the hell out of edible things :smiley: And others too if we can.)

My fish. Well, ours as everything is for 2 people. The village shops only have some fillets and overpriced canned fish… I found better stuff in the nearby town. Not my favorite choice but nice for variety or for desperate times… The canned fish has carbs and one even plant oil (I won’t buy that again) but they have their uses at the moment. I plan to use mirelit fish with my own sauces later. But Alvaro likes the tomato one on his pizza-like things (with normal wheat dough as he is a high-carber who resumed to eat some bread. we had our gluten-free years, we felt the same as before and after).

And my pork. The shop is close, we often visit it so we don’t buy much at once. But not very very little either as we don’t want to visit it all the time. I don’t eat much smoked pork anyway and Alvaro even much less. But it is changing. He likes the smoked hocks in his legumes and the sausages in his scrambled eggs. There are softer and harder sausages here (we prefer the latter but wanted to try to soft ones too), a little bit spicy and of course, full with red pepper as every sausage should IMO :smiley: We tried the one without red pepper once, not our style.

I like the ribs because they are fatty enough for me :heart:
Not like it isn’t true for the sausages… The hocks… Alvaro eat more of the leaner part and I eat most of the fat and all the skin. I finally realized how to make the skin not only some nice crunchy snack but a nostalgic and super tasty stuff (how it can emulate the best part of a potato pasta dish I don’t know but it does. I always say things can’t be emulated as almost all are unique and it’s usually true but this one is MAGIC)… Red pepper and eggs are involved… Of course, we can add if we know how my tastebuds work :smiley:

Okay, I guess you had enough from me for now! Sorry, I feel relaxed here and then novels happen, ask @Bubby1. But I brought photos so I am proud.

yea that is on the fence eating in that if you want carnivore maybe you should do ‘the trial’ again…all in and no condiments and no packaged food like sausage and more.

The all in eat beef, chops, seafood with a bit of butter for cooking and ‘go au’natural’ and see how you do without all the extra crap. It does make a difference. Sometimes it takes going back way to basic to thrive ahead without the little of this or too much of that which could be effecting us. Just a thought!

and yea we had crap cold weather and now we have sun and fun and you are shivering LOL always crazy right

(Kristen Ann) #71

Food prepping for my week of camping & carnivore! May take pictures when I’m done…
Here’s my menu:

• ribs
  • shrimp
  • pot roast
  • burgers
  • bone broth
  • carnivore “pizza” that I’ve been making. It’s great for eating while driving. A little dry though…
  • HWC
  • full-fat mozz string cheese that I’m starting to get addicted to

I also always bring way more than I need, but I’m scared of running out of food and then hitting up a gas station. Since starting carnivore I’ve had a serious problem with flaming hot snack mix. It’s very bizarre bc I’ve never been one for that type of junk food and the oxalate dumping is no fun afterwards.

Started taking psyllium husk capsules today in hopes that I won’t sh*t my waders this week!!

(Kristen Ann) #72

Hi Mom @Momof5, hope you’re doing well. :slight_smile:

(Daisy) #73

Today’s meals: brunch was a hodgepodge of a ribeye and tiny filet from my cow, and my daughter’s leftovers from last night. That one had been cooked with some Chicago steak season, but she had scraped most of it off last night. I’m experimenting with no salt. Yesterday and today. I’m actually digging it! Meal 2 was another ribeye from my cow and a Walmart wagyu patty. Plus the tendon from my husband’s ribeye.

(Daisy) #74

I just realized I never posted Saturday’s meals. It was the other tbone from Kroger, a ribeye from Kroger and a Walmart wagyu patty.

meat pics looking real good KD

Doing fine on vacation.
Big tbone steak last night. yum
got beef tenderloin for later, not sure on dinner tonight, family might be wanting to eat out, who knows, so might be eat some chicken before we go out and then order like bacon wrapped scallop appetizer as my main. I am SO over ordering a meal and leaving off the sides and paying a very high price for doing just that. ugh. So any zc apps I can nibble while they eat. I am into that I hate eating out phase of my life now when it seems all the other times eating out ‘was the thing’ for social, fun, something to do etc…now I want nothing to do with it LOL
oh well…will make do. I would be fine in life if I never ate out again truly or just visit some BBQ joints only maybe :sunny: ZC all the way baby :slight_smile:

I will eat half a goat leg today! Even if it’s a small kid, the bigger leg is impressive :slight_smile: I have a minioven, I had to wrestle with the very tough and rigid leg to fit into it… (I still could eat way more meat but I appreciate this day. Tomorrow will be less glorious but the memory of the goat kid and my always present smoked pork will help. And later, fish.)
I think these photos are better here and not in the food thread… :smiley: That gets the non-carnivore stuff that Alvaro ate. Not that very keto with the potatoes, oh well. It can be squeezed in… I didn’t take a photo about my bowl of soup and it had no colorful vegetables or bony meat sticking out of it… It was boring looking. But nice enough.

I put a piece of rib into the oven pot too, out of curiosity. I have wonderful memories about roasted pork ribs… And the mutton ribs were nice too. The other leg was already consumed at the time when I managed to take a shot but this is the beautiful big one…
Goat, chicken fat and I guess BBQ spice and salt, not much, good meat is good without extras. I ate some fried goat meat with fat and salt only yesterday. And it was a very young goat with subtle flavors. Still good. And not totally lean, I appreciated that very much. Its fat is delicious! Maybe I wrote that already but it deserves the double praise…

My fried goat meat, liver and spleen from yesterday. I had to add onions, I never could imagine fried liver without lots of onions… But they are very sweet now. I enjoy them until I can… Not a photogenic thing it is, goat liver but it’s tasty. There is a bit of spleen there too.

love love love your goat meat pics!!!

most of my goat pics I have of our 125 Boar goats we raised and sold on the farm…all alive and kicking LOL I never took pics of the goats we sent to our friend’s custom slaughterhouse for eating. wish I did darn it but yes the fat and meat is delish. goat is a very very big eating food supply all over the world. not so much in my neck of the woods and I always wondered why we got away from mutton and goat and goose/duck and more. we kinda went chicken, beef, pork in the USA…kinda sad really…I swear it is more about profit/big biz and how the operate on the what one can buy in a store from suppliers ya know. but in the end all this meat is delish.

great post S

Yes, I’ve read it lately and it made sense but I never thought it would be the case. But indeed… They aren’t choosy, aren’t big… But not eaten in big quantities in this country. Pig is the popular meat here, chicken, beef. Then we like some mutton and rabbit and duck and fish… Goats are kept for their milk and when some are butchered, it’s so easy to eat them in the family so I guess this is the reason that even the ones who sell goat cheese, rarely sell goats. I could get deer way before I could get goat and they are everywhere! Well, deers are everywhere around here too, I often see them but it still takes a huntsman to kill it… But I can eat deer or wild boar nearby in the wildlife park. Maybe even mufflon, I don’t remember. But getting goat meat… That’s tricky. Surely possible somehow but it’s a rare opportunity.

I am curious how an adult goat tastes like now… I’ve read it’s gamy…
I’ve read goat liver is really good and indeed, it was. A big goat must have a huge liver, mmmm… This one wasn’t actually tiny either :slight_smile:
I am still curious about beef liver. But I would be happy with my half mutton I am waiting for since months… :smiley: I hope the beef farm will have mutton again… Soon. Very good meat… And if they give us a whole sheep liver as not everyone wants the innards, mmm… That will be great. I can’t imagine it not being good. I appreciate even chicken liver and it’s not that awesome, just a nice variety after my eggs… The young goat liver was WAY better. Someone wrote it’s as good as duck liver and indeed, I liked both pretty much (but the duck was a bit better. maybe because the age of the goat, even the liver had a subtler taste). I ate duck liver as a kid but I remember such things :wink:

Every innards were good except the lung. I dislike lung. I soooo appreciate near every meat I can get and I eat all the pork skin and fat tissue and tendons in everything but the lung was bad. I thought about the cats but Alvaro could eat it. But the heart, liver, spleen and kidney were good!

Goat kid, chicken and rabbit all are in the similar category for me. But I prefer goat. And roasted crunchy chicken skin :wink: BUT while chicken and rabbit has that awfully dry breast I don’t eat as Alvaro likes dry lean meat so no need for me to transform it into something edible, the goat was fine everywhere… The cats probably prefer the other two as even a young goat has mostly too big bones for them. They got some tiny pieces we didn’t find so appetizing but not very much. But they still could do something with some bones… And it’s not like this place isn’t full with mice and voles, they hunt a lot so I don’t pity them.

I am very satisfied right now. I don’t have that annoying hunger anymore. Not even when I eat some fruits, it’s totally inevitable in June and my body handles it well if I keep my carbs low (especially if some proper meat is present like in the last 3 days). It’s way, way below 20g net today so I feel good.
I probably would want to do some normal keto in June if I could keep my carbs below 20g on it but I can’t. So it’s “(at some point, intentionally) failed carnivore” now. I plan a carni day and I mostly do that with some chance of fruit and whatever but it’s usually tiny. I squeezed in some carni days in the beginning of my fruit season but I have my limits. I don’t desire fruits, usually, not even when I pick various kinds for 10-15 minutes (60+ minutes will be such a chore… soon) but they are very delicious and not necessarily bad for me. I almost always ate tiny amounts of raspberries on keto. Now I don’t do that out of season. I am curious about the future… I keep eating whatever I want, it works well for me. No force, that wouldn’t end well. Some self-training and experimenting as usual, that’s fine.

(Daisy) #79

That looks delicious!!! I haven’t gotten to try goat meat yet.

great posts on the board about goat meat and more.

for me I have to shore up eating. A tiny bit off on this trip for vacation for me.

I ate buffalo sauce on wings. Gut hates it.
I ate pizza cheese with pepperoni, bacon and mushrooms on it and I took off the mushrooms but UGH…my guts now.
I drank BEER! liquid bread LOL and I have to say this morning I am icky as heck. My body is saying oh hell no. Truly am bloated, feel physically icky and I KNOW this is not clean eating for me at all and I feel it and then it means I gotta correct it :slight_smile:

So only on day 4 of a 10 day trip but with our challenge to hold zc clean and true…I stepped a bit out of my way with eating like 3 chips from kid’s bag, grabbed like 4 almonds while she was eating them……….done deal. ALL this ick and bloat in the body after 4 days wtihout too much eating off really at all…I feel it.

So tighten the hatches. Today is beef tenderloin for me here in the rv before we go out to eat. ugh. Will get shrimp appetizer or bacon wrapped scallops app for me for dinner. I am closing the ranks. No beer, a shot of rum I brought if wanted. Booze is not a big draw and beer is off my drink list for many years til this vacay and I see it, will deal and correct.

Loving Junebilee cause coming here and posting gave me back what my focus should be. Eating a ton, good clean meat/seafood and loving the trip and now I am more about the guts just being off ya know…ugh.

Loving the support we do here and the reminder of accountability for us all.