June Zero Jubilee :)

New challenge for June. We follow our plan, improve more and get great benefits and see where it takes us :sunny:

May was fun! All in for the ride…here we go!!

I got ‘’‘KD’d’’’

hubby bought ribs from a new BBQ place he was wanting to try. I got plain which is their dry rub tho. Not harmless. I don’t know what combo but last night I had heartburn…for the first time in a very very long time. I feel bloated up this morning, in fact I am up 2 lbs…thanks alot ribs!..which I know I will lose very fast but still…I feel it in the guts ya know.

KD gets caught with spices out on her meat orders, seems this one got me this time.

My June goal is stop the insanity with spices/herbs. I mean I can make my own ribs in a flash, I don’t have to buy them with dry rub ya know. I eat plain here and do fine, that rub got me.

I have a 10 day trip to the beach on June 6 but can post still thru that if I bring my laptop so I will. But while gone I am stocking the RV with tons of meat for me to avoid eating out and if having to eat out, gonna be super careful for sure. I don’t like this icky bloaty feeling I have right now.

So focus is get thru the ‘summer’ fun times in a better manner that works for me and not against me :slight_smile:

I can’t do the whole month but I really need lots of proper days! So I start today again and we will see. As I finally managed to order meat (and need very low carb anyway), I am hopeful. Only the various great fruits in my garden can interfere and they so totally will but not every day, far from it… I still can look at them, it’s a big part of the joy they give to me :wink:
This month is the most impossible for carnivore for me, I never even tried to do keto in June… But I like challenges and want to feel right.

Sorry if I am too weird here but such threads help me to stay on track or don’t go off for too long and I really need it now.

That’s a great attitude tho……if the challenge is calling your name, come on in and try your best right? All we can do at all times!!!

I agree Shinita, I also love these threads where we all try to put our best foot forward and help each other. They mean a lot to me also!!

(Daisy) #5

Aw that stinks, but at least you know for the future to avoid that one!!

My goal for the month is to actually lose a few lbs. My plan is to not add any extra fat to my meals for a couple weeks. I’m still doing beef only for at least today and tomorrow. Probably Wednesday too. Thursday I will add in a duck egg or two. The plan is still to do beef only the majority of the time, with the occasional “cheat” on other carnivore foods :joy: it’s so funny how, the deeper I go, the better my cheats are!

Losing a bit would be great but we will see. I actually want more energy. I can’t possibly know that it was due to my carnivore days but I got energy at some point some weeks ago and it was so needed… I would do a lot for that feeling… But it’s not like I can eat plants galore, that bridge spontaneously burned up :smiley: So I keep going forward.

I had a bit boring meal today, just eggs, cheese and smoked pork (it was fine for now) but tomorrow there will be fish with a new recipe I found on a carnivore blog… And eggs with very tasty sausage from the shop of the nearby pig farm, that’s great stuff. And then only 2 days until the goat :smiley: And then we will see. I probably will focus on fish more than ever this month as that’s what I can get very easily and it gives a nice variety.

(Not a cow) #7

No beef day for me. Breakfast was store bought salmon (8 oz) with 2 eggs and I finished the other 8oz of salmon with 12 shrimp and 12 hot chicken wings for dinner. This was a light meal for me today, it’s nice once in while to leave the beef and indulge in some tasty seafood. It was a good start for the Junebilee.

I feel lighter on my feet even though i didn’t lose anything. haha.

Good start everyone !

(Daisy) #8

Also about 5 chunks of frozen raw beef liver :smile:

(Kristen Ann) #9

I’ll join bc I could use some accountability while doing the carnivore thing. I fell off the horse today with SAD food. WHOOPS. Not even sure why I feel off because I have been enjoying carnivore and don’t really feel like it’s restrictive. Oh well, back at it tomorrow.

I don’t get into town often for groceries and today I loaded up on beef roasts (my new fav). chicken wings, pork ribs, scallops, shrimp, and crab. Spent $200 and it will last me weeks. I actually think I’m spending less money eating carnivore than keto, which I didn’t expect.

(Troy) #10

Yup
For me Especially, when Ground beef goes On sale
Goes a long way!
And it can be eaten by itself easily
Or in omelettes, egg scrambles, scoop up w pork rinds, Make patties, top w butter…and so on
Endless :smile:

I know the feeling. I usually do this because

1. the food is there. I live with a high-carber and I am a low-carber since almost a decade so it’s not just any food but some of them are more tempting… Not first, it’s my carni day #2 and I know for sure that nothing can tempt me today. but some times later…
  2. I love eggs but living mostly on them is tricky… Sometimes almost anything not-egg has some extra charm. But I usually can use some fish (after I used the cheese and smoked pork cards, multiple times) :wink: My delicious canned herrings have plant oil or tomato sauce but it’s loads better than me grabbing the jars containing items I have an unhealthily strong relationship with, I always use them on my off days, extensively… It’s not a good idea to totally fall off the wagon.
    But today I use proper fish without any plants at all :slight_smile:

Having some proper meat helps tremendously but of course one gets tempted sometimes. I have a Rebel in me and it hates too much rules for too long. It must run amok just because. Even if I feel no restriction. I hope we can come to a consensus… Variety is important but I don’t really need plants for that. My Rebel was happy on keto for quite long, I just added banana with chocolate almost every day for a while, among other fruits… It felt FREE and rebellious that way. Good thing I don’t desire sweets on carnivore, at least not on the first week, I probably never did it longer… Well, I can throw half a gherkin to Rebel now and then :smiley: And it fits my carnivore-ish ideals.

I eat less on carnivore than on keto… But the cost depends on what I eat.
Nothing can beat the cheapness of living on eggs… But some meat has the same price. I can’t get those, sadly.
My little smoked pork and cheese are more costly but they are worth it and the amount is small.
It’s up to my fresh/mirelite (that’s fresh too, its time stopped at freezing) meat and its amount if my woe is more expensive or not than my old keto. The young goat I will buy in Friday is almost 4 times as expensive than some big rooster from the same farm (or beef liver - if they would sell that, they stopped. not like they had big roosters since ages)… And its not even veal sirloin or salmon… :smiley: Or super cheap badly-kept chicken from stores, I don’t touch those. Just their cheap and tasty enough livers sometimes, in desperate times sigh Crab would be insanely expensive too, seafood is out for me except some cheaper fish but I don’t like most seafood here anyway.
Pork from a farm would be my preferred choice but it’s hard to get fresh and in bigger amounts.

It would be a problem if $200 wouldn’t last even for 2 months for me but my currency is different just like other circumstances (food prices, they are shockingly different, not everyone can buy cheap top quality eggs like me) so I don’t know if these things are comparable. I never spent much more money on food in my life except on holiday.
But as I lower my carbs, I eat less in general, less sweets and other snacks (okay, it actually was different with keto where I needed lots of sweets to keep my carbs low) and it does good to my costs.

boy if you cheat is a few duck eggs ya got it made :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
I like your plan KD. I think you got yourself a really good plan to go after and see what results you get. Nothing wrong with a bit of experimenting on plan to find a sweet spot in your eating.

I think that is a wonderful benefit to go after. Grabbing up more energy is always good, I was so happy how well my energy improved when I headed into ZC. Rock it out!

Great menu for yourself Moo. Yea I love the lighter feeling also when I hit up seafood in my plan. I require good heavy dense meat a lot but when I do go lighter fare, I can feel it physically just like ya said :slight_smile: And I noticed if I incorporate around seafood and leaner meats every so often I do get results on the scale. For me personally I do have to watch ‘the lighter meat/seafood’ I do eat cause I can end up getting very hungry…so I make sure I got a steak around for just in case I go into big hunger mode :wink: Man with a plan, love it!

Wonderful haul. Yea I find this plan does save me money on food. Especially when those good sales hit, ya gotta grab some for the freezer. Great thread for accountability, you need help come in and post, everyone here is to help each other!

----------woke up not hungry mode. I can wake up either knowing I will need to eat sooner or wake up with a very satisfied feeling of not a twinge of food required for a long long time, so I got that feeling and probably won’t do my first food til around 2 or so. I love this feeling of truly being very satisfied and very, I don’t know, like a deep down stability in my body.

Defrosted some beef tenderloin for later. Will pair that up with shrimp or bit of chicken later. Will see how the day rolls along.

Lets go for it and cruise thru June and hoping we hit some goals we want!

Unusually early hunger for me, I drank a golden milk at noon… I fancied that now, the last time was a year ago, maybe. But I used coconut milk that time and now I used cream… And an egg as I can’t not using egg in everything. I always drank the salty version, not the sweet one so it’s okay.

My lunch will be in the usual time at 3pm. This is my first meal almost always. It doesn’t matter if I eat carbs or not, I am very nicely satiated until this time. Weekend days are different or if I ate too late the previous day or too much or too little, sometimes I get hungry super early, already at noon. Wake up time doesn’t matter. So I always had this but it’s so damn easy to overeat even if I start at 5pm (it’s not a rare occurence. my last carby day caused a late first meal the next day, it’s normal)… But if I eat proper food, these don’t even matter. When I had my first carnivore-trial times, it was such a relief. I ate whenever and could be sure it won’t be too much. Too much food doesn’t even feel good, it’s a burden but my hunger is quite serious every time I sit down to eat.
One can mess up their woe so many various ways… I prefer when I don’t need to do much. Now I am on the right track, I just should stay there longer than usual and things will be fine.

I so agree with this statement :slight_smile:

and ain’t that the friggin’ truth of it all LOL

(Not a cow) #15

I do have to watch this because unless I have some food choices around that I love, I want food that I shouldn’t have. Thawing out ribeyes in the fridge as I type, burgers made last night, and of course shrimp and wings available whenever I want. haha. On keto my go to was Chili, and also I liked to have Jambalaya frozen in the fridge. On Carnivore my go to is just burgers and wings with bacon and eggs surely second in line. Big food is just rib-eye right now, I tired of roasts, but I’m sure they will come back.

Gonna try your suggestions @Fangs, thank appreciate that, and will try to lower fat when I can, same as Daisy is going to do.

yea Moo, I agree, small calculated safe changes will give results if we go slow and be sure we are doing well thru those changes. Can’t wait to see what goes down for you :slight_smile:

Not long ago, maybe today I wrote in some topic that fatty meat works well against cravings (even if I don’t call mine that, they aren’t strong enough for that). And I don’t only preach water, I drink it too :slight_smile:

After my decent little meal that took my hunger away but absolutely perfect satiation, well some eggs and fish and smoked pork just can’t do that so easily… I drank a nice coffee with cream but I still fondly thought of chocolate… And ate a few slices of sausage instead. Not perfect but good enough and I don’t even have a perfect solution available. I just miss something but doesn’t want anything I have. But it happens that I am not satiated after a meal. Yesterday I was starving in my tiny eating window and I was quite hungry after my big meal (carby days before, sometimes it happens. not on the Nth carni day when N>3). But it goes away quickly. This is one reason I like to be in a fasted state, nice satiation. It takes a lot not to be hungry or slightly unsatisfied after a meal for me. On my early carnivore trials it was the easiest ever, I so loved it and with small meals at that but my body got used to things, I only remember and experience I went back to my bigger meals but now I will experiment with different food items, it was so comfortable to get satiation right after a meal…

(Kristen Ann) #18

Interesting I can’t imagine eating on <$100 a month! Where are you located?

I’m going to try to eat three meals a day on days I’m home and not camping/working in the field. I definitely under-eat during field work, usually OMAD, so hoping this balances things out a bit. Had burgers for breakfast.

I live in Hungary. I cook for myself, I try not to spend too much but food has preference so I eat what I really want… I am fine with not eating luxurious food and the normal stuff isn’t very expensive. And it’s good that I skip some expensive needless items now. We buy lots of xylitol and erythritol but I barely use it nowadays :slight_smile: But for example, butter is insanely expensive to me (if I don’t use it in small amounts as I do) and lard tastes better anyway and I can’t afford much added fat, my fat macro is too high without that, usually.
The more expensive high-quality eggs are… let’s see… somewhere below $1.5 a dozen and it’s a very good start of a day for me, I add a little this and that and I ate well. It’s my extremely eggy day, I usually consume less :slight_smile: But if I ate mostly meat, that would be too expensive unless I could get some cheaper stuff. But it’s just perfect to combine my eggs and little dairy with meat. I wouldn’t abandon my precious eggs anyway, I am into them, I just need my meat too. Balance is important.

I managed to overeat today, slightly, first time on carnivore, wow. (My definition of overeating is eating more than what I actually need energy wise as far as I can tell. I definitely ate unusually much and I felt I didn’t eat anything, weird and annoying feeling.) I blame the carbs I ate last week, I was starving. I almost never have this, carbs rarely have this power beyond their own day but sometimes I can’t seem to get enough food. I don’t mind the extra calories now and then, it’s how I live anyway but it is very unpleasant.
Yep, motivation to stay on track…

(Daisy) #20

I went to bed last night with a bad headache and woke up with a worse one. It was so bad I took a sick day and slept half the day. I think it was a combination of allergies/sinus/electrolytes. It still hurts, but not as bad.

2 ribeyes today. Ok so I did add a liiiittttle bit of extra fat to my second meal today. I am making a roast for the family and they would have wasted it all. And instead of my Redmond’s I used some Portuguese sea salt. I had to use much more than I would of Redmond’s to even have a good taste.