JUNE 2021 Maintenance Check-In

(KCKO, KCFO) #1

Wow, mid year already.

I’m battling 5 lbs. It decreases some then comes roaring back. I’m thinking about doing zero carbs for a week to see if that can help.

Hope everyone is doing well.

May 2021 Maintenance Check-In
(Edith) #2

I’m in the same boat as you. Last summer I was at my fantasy weight. It slowly went up about 5 to 6 pounds over the winter. Although, my current weight it fine, I wouldn’t mind getting back to that fantasy weight.

(Central Florida Bob ) #3

Five pounds. That’s interesting in a way.

May was my first month trying to lose 12 pounds, and I’m down five. This is four weeks of ADFs. I’ve also had an odd problem that I don’t think I’ve ever had before, which is the big D diarrhea but only one day a week, always on Wednesdays at about hour 33 of my 40 hours of fasting. It’s also worked out that my 3 days/week bike rides tended to be MWF this month. Once I almost gobbled Immodium and went for a ride. One of my worst-feeling bike rides ever; felt absolutely terrible during the ride, no strength, no stamina. Probably electrolytes. I skipped riding on another Wednesday.

This week, for the first time, I’m alternating OMAD with TMAD days. That turns the 40 hour fasts into 22 hour fasts. It’s hard to tell, but I think I’ve lost nothing this week. The big D didn’t happen yesterday, though.

The pattern is the hard thing to figure out. Why always Wednesday? What’s causing this? If it’s electrolytes, why not Friday, when any imbalance would have built up over three fasts instead of two?

I’d really like to understand those things. I’m not sure if I’ll stick with OMAD all month or switch to something else. Exactly what that might be is another question.

(KCKO, KCFO) #4

New thread for July: