June 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Jane) #304

Sorry guys - I forgot to blur my food!!! @cervyn reminded me when I saw his quote of my post.

I fixed it.

72hrs in, have decided to break my fast after I wake up tomorrow due to overwhelming stomach acid issues related to issues not caused by fasting. Probably going to stick to 24-36 hr fasts for a little while and see how my stomach handles it :confused:

(Susan) #306

You have done great, Graci, I hope that the problems that you are having will sort themselves out soon and that you will be feeling well. Take care.

(Carol) #307

This made me laugh - it is so true. :slight_smile:

101 hours in and am looking forward to food tomorrow. So will end up at 112ish hours fasted. For some reason at 9pm I was suddenly hungry; that doesn’t usually happen. It might have been a test as body knows I don’t like eating late in the evening or maybe due to the new meds I have for sinus infection. So happy I got this fast in and am feeling great.

As a side note, went to the new doctor in town. He doesn’t like any diet except mayo clinic and our brief discussion on low carb/keto did not go well. I will probably never mention that I like fasting…

(Susan) #308

Well done, Carol! Yes… I haven’t even told my doctor I am doing Keto, nor will tell him anything… as I know he won’t approve already…

(Paul H) #309

31 hours in and Slept great. My numbers worse than last night. However no insulin for 2 days.

BG 121
BK .8
GKI 8.40

Hope y’all are having a good day.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #310

my sinuses are a little better and I am 4 h into my 24 to 48 h fast.
I was laid off today, I just look forward to my bg levels dropping due to reduced stress… :rofl::rofl:

Glad to hear the sinuses are better, but sorry to hear about you getting laid off. :neutral_face: But do hope it helps with the stress though. :+1:

I had a terrible night’s sleep last night. After working in the Garden for a couple hours before the storms yesterday and then coming in showering and watching a soccer game I recorded, I actually went to bed early which is quite rare for me. But like yesterday during the day, I kept having to go to the restroom, like I was hooked up to IV’s, or had been eating Watermelon for a week! … So I was up at least 5 times in the night between 12 Midnight and 5am for this. - As well, my Male pup Kito, waking me at 2am since he too had to go. :neutral_face: But added to all this, I actually forgot to drink a second Keto-Aide when I got home as I do whenever I Fast, so my right calf decided to start cramping every 15-20 minutes from around 3am, until I got up at 5am. :confused: So overall, I didn’t get much good sleep. But oddly enough I feel pretty good this morning, just had a bad night altogether. :slight_smile:Presently at 37 hrs.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #313

I was planing on doing a second apprenticeship anyways. I was just figuring it was better to stay here for one more year to put some cash aside.
I don’t have to decide anymore, they did it for me, so YAY :sunglasses::sunglasses::nerd_face:

PS: Fasting will make life cheaper for me anyway and I have a good reason to do more liver pate when eating. chicken livers are so cheap here…

“Hope for the best, prepare for the worst and you will never be disappointed” my dad (no idea who’s it was originally though"

Well that’s good to hear then. Maybe you can find something else you enjoy more to hold you over. :slight_smile:

Nice… It’s like that other one… “Failing to plan, is planning to fail” - Though I personally don’t follow it always. :smile:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #315

my dad will help me with the financing he said, lets see what we can figure out.
and i still will have both weekend days off, so maybe I can take on some occasional sidehustle that I enjoy… I really rather have physical stress than emotional/mental stress…

(Jane) #316

Yeah, don’t say keto - too much hype around it. Doctors rarely ask about diet because they are trained to prescribe pills. Or their only diet advice is “low fat, more exercise” because that is all they know. They also know it doesn’t work but probably figure it’s the patient’s fault for not complying.

If the subject comes up you can always say you cut out sugar and processed foods and are eating more green vegetables. No doctor could find fault with that! It’s the truth.

(Jane) #317

62 hours in and no hunger this morning. Got the fasting insomnia thing last night so was wide awake until 1 am and had to get up at 5:30 am for an early meeting.

Oh well - much less stressful day today so should sleep good tonight on a full belly and lack of sleep last night.

KCFO!

Sorry to hear this although it sounds like you have it under control. Fingers crossed you find something else x

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #319

I was laid of 2 and a half years ago from a job I loved, and where my team was my only family basically. I was also in the middle of a huge breakup during that time…

My current job is boring and I didn’t really bond with anyone that is still around.
I built a life outside my workplace in the meantime so the loss seems tiny in comparison.

I am confident I will. Thanks a lot for the support :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(Mame) #320

Good to know the change was actually helpful.

And add me to the list of those who had weird fasted sleep last night!

Well I am at 39+ hours and feel physically good. Luckily I have my salt here at work because apparently it’s a day to forget keto-aid as well.

Numbers this morning
BG1= 30 (never saw a number this low before, so took it again)
BG2=73 (different finger)
BK= 3.1
GKI1 =0.54
GKI2 =1.31
GKIavg=0.92

Will be fasting through the workday. No hunger but my toddler brain hasn’t woken up yet so enjoying the ease.

Wishing everyone easy fasts this Thursday.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #321

Sorry to hear you were laid off.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #322

I started out with eating real foods and no PUFAs. Progressed to low carb. My PCP then asked you are keto right? Asked what else I was doing mad we talked about IF (she said skipping breakfast). Asked what else and I said extended fasting. She said fasting was good. Keep doing what you are doing. It took multiple visits to get to this place with her.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #323

I’m on 10 days of antibiotics so I’m thinking I don’t want to take them without food. Was going to to start a new fast Sunday evening guess it will have to wait.