June 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(John) #264

This matches my sentiments. One of the things about eating healthy real foods is that it often involves planning, shopping, prepping, and/or cooking. Sometimes it is nice just to not have to deal with that and have a “day off from dealing with food.” The cool thing is being able to do that without hunger or drops in energy levels.

And yeah, they do say “appetite is the best sauce,” so when you do end a fast, it’s interesting to have that “oh boy, brussels sprouts!” feeling and it not be sarcastic.

And on topic - I did a little impromptu fast-let yesterday - skipped breakfast and lunch, had just a handful of nuts for dinner. So I guess technically a 24-hour.

(hottie turned hag) #265

Ok folks I managed the 48h :smiley: for the first time in weeks, go me.
Well, will be 48h at noon but def not eating before then.

Today’s the day I grocery shop with my daughter (it’s an outing we do, I treat her to lunch, making it a sched outing means I can’t go to the grocery any other time -there’s that obsessive disorder being a boon again :crazy_face:-) a weekly gig, and I weigh at the grocer’s. I’m hoping the 48h fast caused some loss even if just fluid as this newest stall has me :japanese_goblin:

(Mame) #266

Oh! that’s right I need salt. (thank goodness for this thread)
I amazed at how quickly I can forget important shit

36hrs in, weighed this morning and I must have gained 2lbs from my last refeed…as only 0.4 down from my last 24+hr fast a couple days ago. Since implementing EF last week almost 5lbs (still not enough to constitute new losses, but super close!) continuing my fast as planned. Not hungry, but do have an almost-headache lingering and barely any sleep last night…mind was wide awake :flushed:

Some weeks get so complicated, don’t they? But definitely don’t fast on a holiday celebration. That would be terrible.

Well, carrageenan prevents it from separating into a liquid, gritty mess and preserves it. So, you definitely need it or some alternative. And I suppose its better than chemical preservative #47.865.

(Jane) #269

Almost 24 hours in, so one-third if the way through my fast. Hunger not as bad as at noon… just need to make it to sleep and it gets easier from then on out.

Hope everyone is still doing ok!

(hottie turned hag) #270

HA 114!
:smile:
The 48h did it I’m sure; and prob all fluid. But I’ve never gained since starting so am expecting to keep going down -albeit slooowly.

(Jane) #271

Yay!

(Mame) #272

Well I got 22h in and did a omad. Which I am thinking is the first omad I have done this month…
I had some nice numbers before I ate: bg=84 bk=2.6 gki=1.793

Starting a 60h tonight. So glad to have this place to check in for fasting and cheering for me to know that there are others that don’t find fasting effortless … although who knows maybe this one will be :thinking:

(Jane) #273

Ugh. They are cooking in the kitchen at my AirBnB in Ft Worth. Smells are my only real challenge when fasting. Sipping my salted coffee.

BG: 87
BK: 2.1
GKI: 2.3
Boz: 41

Typical for me for 24 hours fasted.

(Mame) #274

stay strong! have any peppermint oil to dab under nose? stinky soap? ground coffee?
Why yes, I do peppermint at work when I need to…it also helps with keto-breath

Just told the wife, that though I was planning to eat some this week and maybe do some Fasting next week… I haven’t really been feeling the meals I’ve eaten the past two days, so I’m going to go ahead and start another Fast now. - Don’t get me wrong, the meals were good, but I wasn’t really into eating and would much rather be Fasting presently. (Nice to feel that way TBH, so just going with it for now)

So I just started about 2.5 hrs. ago… :slight_smile:

(Jane) #276

Not with me! But not a bad idea to bring some string scented oil on my next trip :expressionless:

48hrs in and I feel icky…granted I got very little sleep last night so maybe not related to the fast itself. Don’t want to eat this late, but also don’t feel like going all the way until Friday morning anymore :confused: Going to reassess in the morning and either break my fast at the 60hr mark or attempt to make it until Thursday. I kept feeling light headed off and on an nauseous today, would have a little salt and water and be ok for about 30 min…

(Carol) #278

I finally get to join in with you all! Silly to be so excited but after eating for 10 days I was really missing that lighter feeling and the extra energy. I suspect I may be a fasting addict. Currently at 77 hours and will eat Thursday for sure. Or maybe tomorrow. I just feel so much better.

Wishing you all an easy fast week. :slight_smile:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #279

@Digital_Dave
Seriously dude, have you sent your sinus issues overseas to me?:rofl::rofl: Make my day 2 headaches worse. I hope this clears up soon.

35h fasted though. I plan to see it through the day. I mean, what is one more meal, right? will be a solid 44h.

No Ma’am, I would never do that. I know what a pain sinus issues can be and headaches can be the worst. :slight_smile: I hope it gets better for ya soon. … Mine still come and go, and weather doesn’t always help. But also the Heat outside and AC’s inside triggers this a lot as well, so I’m dealing the best I can too. :slight_smile:

Currently at 13 hrs. even… Happy Fasting Folks

(Jane) #281

38 hrs in and hunger gone. Lovely empty feeling in its place.

Got a busy morning of meetings - one of which I need to present a program I put together to one of the directors. He’s a real hard ass who likes to bully and intimidate but I’m too old to be intimidated anymore - just careful since he likes to fire people.

Afternoon less busy.

KCFO!

(Mame) #282

Happy fasting Wednesday to all.

Currently at 15h, feeling fine. Big division meeting today with lunch catered in, planning on avoiding it. I keep reminding myself that it’s a big meeting and no one will notice and that @Janie manages to avoid work meals all the time. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Susan) #283

I am so impressed and in awe of all of you that are doing these long fasts… I do my daily 18 hour and one weekly 24 hour but I cannot imagine doing these longer ones that you are doing that last days and days… I am like wow they are true Keto Warriors!

I am guessing that at some point in my Keto Journey that I might get to this level of being able to do these things as well, but for now just reading and admiring you all!

Best wishes to all of you on these fasting goals =)).