June 2019 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

(Paul H) #243

I have never woke up hungry… just not how it works… Sleep = weight loss… agreed.

Broke my fast at 34hrs, went to a get together where everything smelled great, but held it together and only had unsweetened green tea, but I continued to feel really hungry for hours after. Had 1/2 avocado and now waiting for meal when tummy settles, not sure how often I should be attempting EF… I did lose 2lbs as of this morning, I think in one more EF of 48hrs I may actually break into weight loss with Keto woe finally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Edit: I should say weight loss to new low as I’ve bounced same 3-4lb loss around since starting

I’ve always said (like some others do) that Fasting is something one should do if they enjoy it, but it surely is not a necessity. On the average over the past nearly 13 months I’ve been Keto, I pretty much lose just as much weight weekly, when I weigh the Fasting vs. Eating thing. (Pun intended :smile:) But honestly, I do enjoy it, but if a time comes where it seems like it’s work… I will have no problems just abstaining for a while and enjoying my meals. :slight_smile: But for now, I do enjoy the feeling whilst Fasting.

And yes, some only use Fasting when they find they are somewhat stalled, but simply use it as a tool to help kick-start weight-loss again. But don’t necessarily Fast on a regular basis, but only when needed.

I do feel like fasting could become really addictive for me, because I do feel this instant move towards wellness even at just 24hrs in. I can see a noticeable difference in inflammation in my face and hands (which I love because a NSV for me is to be able to wear my original wedding ring again by July and my fill in ring is getting really loose). I think it must be something my body needs right now, even if only in these shorter bursts for now :blush:

Correct, so you use it when it works for you or when you like, but then simply enjoy meals when you don’t. I’m sure that ring will be fitting in no time, whether you Fast or not. BTW, mine now does as well. :slight_smile: Actually, it’s starting to get a bit loose to be honest, but I was about my size now when we got them. So we might end up getting new ones, since my Wife has mentioned how hers are loose on her too. :slight_smile:

Just curious if anyone experiences water retention during fasting? I don’t feel like I am retaining anything, but when I eat again (both times so far anyway), it’s like my body is suddenly releasing tons of water.

(Jane) #249

I think I do sometimes. I noticed a couple of times when fasting for 3-4 days that I hadn’t gone to pee in HOURS and was disturbing to me.

I get this from time to time as well, but find it more often when I’m simply not drinking as much for whatever reason. And I do usually end up drinking more once I think about it.

(Paul H) #251

I finished fasting last night and it seems the flood gates have opened today…

(hottie turned hag) #252

This jumped at me because I experience the opposite!
When I eat, I urinate say, whenever. Not noticeably often.
When I fast, I diurese like mad!
I drink a ton either way, so intake doesn’t account for it.

Hey guys and gals; after my annoying AF weigh last week (am still 116 -since April- and despite going “carnivore” from March to last week. Lost 6lb at first then nothing) I’m back trying to fast to get some traction towards goal (110).

Ate my OMAD at noon yesterday; am going to go until noon tomorrow. so 48h.

Purposely didn’t shop; I have only eggs and franks in the house so no tempting stuff like :cheese::cheese::cheese:

I wish this were true for me. If I weren’t fasting, I’d be losing about half as fast as I am and having to restrict calories to even make that happen. If I have to significantly limit my energy intake, I think fasting is a better way to do it. I don’t enjoy it at all. I’d rather eat. But I also think I can tolerate what I’m doing for a year or so to meet my goals much easier than if it took me two or three years the other way.

Forgot to mention no nightmares last night :hugs:

Completely understand that. I’ve had both good and bad weeks while doing both, but I do enjoy Fasting since it allows me to simply get away from food & flavors for a while, and I do like how I feel most times whilst Fasting. … Plus when I do go back to eating something, flavors generally taste even better.

My Wife was actually just saying she wasn’t sure what she would be making this coming week… and I simply told her that her indecision on meals, might just be the excuse I need to Fast some more. :smile: But told her I would play it by ear and let her know. :slight_smile: But I do like having the option though.

(Virginia ) #257

Starting my EF tonight, hoping it helps me cope with work stress this week, tentatively planning to go until Friday morning as that would be my first day off :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m definitely mixing things up this week! I did a two-day fast, then ate yesterday and I’m fasting again today. Then I’m getting in two full eating days before I plunge into the Zorn fast starting Thursday after dinner. I’ve done a couple of 2-1/2 day fast, so I’m hoping I’ve set myself up for three full days. I’d like to have the fasting muscle to go three days occasionally and be able to mix that up with one day or two days. It would improve my results, but also give me better flexibility around social events.

I’m also hoping this full three days will get me back into my steadier losses that I had until about a month ago. I’ve really bounced up and down quite a bit in the last month and my overall loss is slower than it was earlier in the spring.

(Mame) #260

Trying to figure out when to fast this week that works with my schedule. I should get 24h over Monday night.

I wanted to do the zornfast this month but I celebrate solstice as a holiday on Friday so the Thursday start doesn’t work for me this month.

I want to push myself and set myself up for success.
What I would really like is to fast Tuesday eve until sometime on Friday…

Part of my keeps thinking June is just starting but here it is half over+

Happy fasting all!

Just needed to vent my annoyance at the ingredients in this toothpaste I splurged on #momlife - AND why do we need Stevia in toothpaste or carrageenan??? Better not mess with my fast :rage:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #262

finally back from the dead… and after a small slip up due to hefty lack of sleep i am right back in with fasting. currently at 12 hours. experiencing my first hunger pangs… :sweat_smile: it will get easier soon I am sure…

(Jane) #263

Back fasting with you guys this week - started last night after dinner so just getting started. I don’t usually feel an hunger pangs until noon and then again at dinner (tummy trained LOL) but salted water and salted coffee usually gets me through.