June 2018 ZornFast

(LeeAnn Brooks) #141

I hope that happens with the energy for me today. I’m just shy of 55 hours. I’m not to the bone exhausted like I was in my first days of Keto, but I am sleepy tired and just want to go back to bed. But I can’t, so I’m hoping I’ve got a second wind coming up soon.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #142

I was more tired than I though because I totally calculated that wrong.

I’m tapping out at 60 hours. Not too bad for my first Zorn fast. But I’m definately getting hungry and I have lots to do today, including needing to get in a run, so I’m out.

Happy fasting all.

(Mike Glasbrener) #143

Well brokefast this morning. It was by far the easiest 60 hr fast ever. I broke mostly because I felt like breaking and to give me a couple of days till Monday. I guess the fasting muscle gets stronger ever if you’re not perfect…

I ended my fast yesterday evening at 48 hours. Not the best one for me by by a long shot, but I ‘broke fast’ pretty well. That hasn’t always been the case.

(KCKO, KCFO) #145

Whatever works, it is all good stuff. Even the body purge after the bacon week. Nothing wrong with a 35 hr. fast either.

(Ellie) #146

Just hit the 68 hour mark and doing ok.
I did my ski clinic without anything more than water, salt and black coffee. I felt a little wobbly for a couple of moments and a bit fatigued, but I think the wobbliness is more to do with my skiing technique!
I have almost been talking myself into getting to 70 hours and then stopping, but if i can get through one more evening and break the fast tomorrow I’ll have hit 85 hours! I also want to see a nice low number on the scale tomorrow morning. That may not be the best reason for continuing though…:thinking:

(Lonnie Hedley) #147

My mom was a teacher not me, so it’s hard for me to explain things to people. Easy for me to learn, but spreading the knowledge is hard. So of course I said autophagy which is a way for my body to consume bad cells to make new good ones. Still got the question “but how do you know that’s what is happening?” Because increased mental clarity and energy? It’s hard to explain that I’m more in tune with listening to my body now that I’m eating for fuel and not pleasure. Although I still get pleasure from eating even though what I eat might be crazy boring to most.

(Lonnie Hedley) #148

I do have a question to the group.

Anybody experience eye issues in the morning after waking up? The last two mornings my eyes hurt. I’ve been up for a few hours and they feel fine now so I’m not too concerned but just curious if anybody else has noticed this on their fast.

(Ellie) #149

I’ve had a kind of pressure behind my eyes in the last couple of mornings. I put it down to dehydration or something as it seems to go away after I’ve had some salt and water.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #150

Most of us only technically lose a half a pound of fat a day when fasting. The very thing that you’re doing, getting on the scale constantly, is why we tell people to throw their scale away. Your scale is not telling you body composition.
You’re saying you gain the weight back when you eat. You’re forgetting that the food itself has weight and that the food in your digestive tract has weight and when you start eating you retain more fluid. You also can retain fluid if your sodium is not on point. So there’s lots of reasons why you might regain or you might not lose but unless you’re 400 pounds you’re not going to lose 2 pounds of body fat a day. It just doesn’t work that way. You’re also not going to gain 2 to 4 lb of body fat a day no matter who you are. It takes longer than that to put on fat. So there’s lots of factors at work here and I wouldn’t worry about 1 2 3 or even 4 pounds here and there it just doesn’t matter. If you really want to know what’s happening consider getting a dexa scan. The dexa scan will tell you exactly how much lean mass you have and how much body fat, that way you can see if you are in fact progressing or not

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #151

I guess I would go with peer reviewed scientific studies or the man that rather recently won the Nobel Peace Prize for discovering autophagy. We know when autophagy happens in the body and at which state. No there’s not a meter we can use to test it but if you’re not taking in food energy, especially protein foods on a fast, autophagy will happen. This is certain.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #152

Try this fasted sometime. I hear runners say it is amazing.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #153

As long as you’re feeling well go ahead and go for it

(Ashley) #154

Thank you! I ended up being quite hungry due to eating not much on Friday. Got to 36 hours so better than nothing. Might throw in a fast Monday and Tuesday, first doctors app on Tuesday since last time seeing my doctor. Think he will be stunned I’ve lost just shy of 40 lbs at 39.5 hoping by Tuesday to be a solid 40lbs down. Told him I’d lose at least 20 by the time I have a check up so I think he will be thrilled!

(LeeAnn Brooks) #155

I almost always run at least 8-10 hours fasted. I did want to try today, but at 60 hours fasted I was really tired this morning. I absolutely have to get a run in by tonight, so o broke fast to have breakfast. That gives me 8 hours not eating before I have to run.

If I hadn’t been feeling so tired, I definately would have tried. But this is only my second EF. The first was 40 hours and I did 2 runs during that time. So I think it’s just a matter of practice.

(TJ Borden) #156

Well at least I got that going for me :smiley:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #157

Yes. Those who have more body fat naturally will burn more fat when fasting. It takes more to fuel the body :slight_smile:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #158

Be sure if you’re having blood work done that day that you don’t go in fasted. You need to have 3 or 4 days of regular feeding before lab work is done or the results can be affected. Very affected.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #159

@Baytowvin

See the centurians post. Here’s the direct link to my story. At my heaviest I estimate 340, though I stopped weighing at 315. I gained more after that. A photo of me at my heaviest is in this post.
https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/centurians-people-who-have-lost-more-than-100-lbs/27482

Actually this link takes you directly to my story in the thread, but you’re probably going to want to look at all the stories. I have, more than once.
https://www.ketogenicforums.com/t/centurians-people-who-have-lost-more-than-100-lbs/27482/36?u=brenda

(Ashley) #160

FAir enough I think I may have blood work so I’ll hold off on fasting! My doctor isn’t going to like my b12 already since I take zipfizz.