June 2018 ZornFast

(KCKO, KCFO) #121

Minutes away from the 38 hr. marker for me. I decided this round I would do a small amount of fat supplementing so last night I had a small amount of macadamia nuts. No hunger nor gut grumbling this AM.
I read a book yesterday and just avoided the kitchen pretty much, along with some games on the Kindle. So far, smooth sailing.

KCFO everyone

(KCKO, KCFO) #122

I love adding mint or lemon balm leaves to my water, even when not fasting.

(KCKO, KCFO) #123

Oh snap, min. 03:07 onwards indicates I have screwed up. I used macadamia nuts, you have to chew those. Guess I will just supplement with cream and coconut oil in coffee going forwards. I did drop 4 lbs. already, so maybe I did get away with it?

I also found this video helpful I’m Hungry!!! 5 Tricks to NOT Break Your Fast

(Ellie) #124

Nearly at 47 hours. Had a pretty tough day with some family difficulties. Actually it was a distraction in some ways but I’m back at home now and hungry! Water and salt not really doing the trick. Maybe I’ll try a cup of tea. I’m hoping this is the day 2 hunger and if I ignore it then I’ll wake up tomorrow bright and ready for my ski clinic.

(Lonnie Hedley) #125

43.5 hours. Feeling better now than this morning. I thought about ending around 66 hours, but if I’m feeling this good in 24 I’ll end up going until Sunday at 1pm which is always my ZF plan.

Had a coworker ask me how I know this is having a positive effect on my body. I admit I have no weight to lose, but once a month I enjoy the increased mental clarity and energy fasting provides. Sort of a reset to realign my priorities. I feel honing this discipline helps me with other disciplines.

(Lonnie Hedley) #126

My March ZF ended in less than 24 hours because I “supplemented” with some fat (Kerrygold). It wasn’t a slippery slope, it was a complete cliff. After that I feel if I’m going to be successful, I can’t do anything solid other than salt.

I was close to breaking at 48h, feeling hungry, tired and lethargic. I decided to wait one hour before making the decision, but now i feel fine again, and will continue on. It is also close to bedtime. I wonder what tomorrow will bring, my first ever «third day». Then i will have reached my goal, or will I maybe go on?

(Ellie) #128

Thank you for the good advice. It is what I need to hear. More than 36 hours with no food was already a record for me. Even when I was doing 5:2 or ADF I was still having 300-400 calories in the middle.

(KCKO, KCFO) #129

I hear ya. I had no adverse effect from doing what I did but after listening to Dr. Berry’s videos posted above, I am back to tea/coffee/water & HPink salt. I was planning on a one meal refeed tonight, but honestly I think I will just skip it and carry on, see where this all leads me.

(Mike Glasbrener) #130

~45hrs in… I’ve been fasting on Mondays and Thursdays for a many months. When I started fasting I did some 60 hr fasts and found them quite annoying. I gave them up for a while and just went to 36 hrs twice a week. I must say this so far is the easiest fast this far in.we’ll see how far I go. Going in I was targeting 60 hrs which should be totally doable. Only 5-6 hrs left to my wake time. The following 8 or so hours would be sleeping. Thanks for the motivation.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #131

A little shy of 48 hours. Still feel really good, but I may have to sign off for the rest of the day. Too much surfing on here out of boredom is leading to me thinking about food too much, and seeing pictures of What Did You Keto Today is triggering me wanting to eat even though I’m not hungry.

It may be time for some HGTV or a scandalous Bravo show. Hey, at least those desperate housewife bitches don’t eat, so there’s little chance of it triggering me.

(Ron) #132

Am at the 72hrs and doing OK. Wanting to eat. Not really hunger pangs, just wanting the pleasure.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Plan is to break around the 92hr mark and give myself a few hrs before company dinner to gradually get the digestion going. Just have to get through until bed and I’ll be golden.:persevere:

(Lonnie Hedley) #133

Even though some people say fat is fine, I’m considering myself out just over 48 hours.

(Ashley) #134

HGTV is the best, basically only time I watch tv since it’s at work in my downtime. But love watching it.

(Ron) #135

Well, I am still going to push on to 90hrs but I too consider myself out as I let temptation get to me and just ate 10 green olives. I’m still happy with a 76hr (longest fast yet) water fast and will consider going to 90hrs with under 50g fat icing on the keto cake!:grin:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #136

Autophagy. You are obtaining autophagy. The fountain of youth. A very very powerful thing.

(Ashley) #137

I had to sit this one out after my week of bacon, was planning on feasting and then fasting, but my body took the bacon as fasting so I just had a day of horrible bathroom trips lol. I guess technically I’ve fasted for 24 hours now anyways so once I sleep and wake up I’ll be about 35 hours after some work tonight, so I’m half in lol!

(TJ Borden) #138

That’s the best way to start sometimes… okay, not the best, but not a bad way

(Ashley) #139

I’ll see how far i get! Don’t feel hungry at all so maybe i can hit at least 48 hours

Day 3 seems to be my hardest day, I struggled with low energy all day but then–as if by magic–in the late afternoon my energy spikes and I feel like I can go another day.

Just a side note, I noticed most people say they lose 1 pound or half a pound per day during an extended fast. I seem to lose an entire 2.2 pound each day (1 kilogram) I EFed. Once I start eating again most of it comes back. I don’t have much weight to play around with, I will be happy to lose a stubborn 5 kilograms that comes and goes with the seasons. Is this cause for concern or explainable?