June 2018 ZornFast

(Mike Glasbrener) #90

20hrs in and chugging along. I want to see about stretching this one out… I’m in a long plateau. Some self induced due to weekend wine… 36 hrs is easy. 60 is annoying for me.

(Lonnie Hedley) #91

Last month I used McCormick extracts before noticing they had alcohol. Although it didn’t seem to negatively affect my hunger, I stopped a couple days in.

I fast for autophagy and self discipline. The older I’ve gotten, I’ve learned that discipline and structure helps calm my inner chaos.

My fasts are typically water, salt, ACV…coffee maybe. That’s my normal fast. I’ve been led to believe stevia and erythritol have little to no response. I rarely consume them.

At my weight, hunger during a fast is always present. I don’t have the fat stores some other fasters do.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #92

That’s great that you’re able to use them and it’s not a problem for you. It is important to note though that every artificial sweetener elicits an insulin response. There isn’t one out there that is safe. Matter fact stevia recently has been shown to elicit quite a long-lasting insulin response so I actively discourage any of my clients from using it. Just passing on nuggets of wisdom, you do what works for you.

@Brenda

Do you have a link on the Stevia-Insulin response? I am a regular Stevia user, and seem to get along alright with it, but I am VERY interested in learning more on the subject.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #94

There are scientific peer reviewed studies out there although I would have to search for them just as you would. Every single sweetener elicits an insulin response. There are no safe sweeteners.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #95

Have a read.
Welcome to the artificial sweetener rabbit hole.

(Shayne) #96

And… I read of a study where the subjects didn’t even have to swallow it to trigger the insulin response. Just the taste did it.

@smsherbert

I’m interested in gaining every advantage that I can…

(Shayne) #98

I wish I could remember where I read it… or heard it. Could have been a podcast.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #99

Someone just said on another thread that just the thought of food can raise insulin levels.

(grace elizabeth) #100

If the thought of food induces insulin response, I’m screwed! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Ron) #101

(Ron) #102

Made the 55hr mark and going strong. Usually I have my hardest time on the 2nd day but this time was a breeze. Must be building that fasting muscle up.:joy::joy::grin:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #103

Dr. Ken Berry talked about it at the 8 minute mark.
https://youtu.be/vlnMC8s0tP4

(TJ Borden) #104

That is crazy specific. Has keto given you superhuman memory in addition to superhuman strength?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #105

I was just lucky. I had listened to his podcast recently. So I went back to it and fast forwarded to the spot. So I could tell her where it was.

Its morning on my second day, im 35h in. Im iPadding in bed, listening to the jungle-cries coming from my belly, I havent heard such since my former carb-years. Is it a fasting thing? Im not hungry.

I had hunger waves at 18h and 24h, got my bathroom cleaned to a shine.

I normaly have lingering headaches and migrain attacs. For three days ive been drinking ketoaid, for three days no headache, at all…

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #107

One of the things that can help with this is sparkling water or carbonated water. Dr. Fung suggests it in his Complete Guide to Fasting book. Works for me and many others.

48 hours in and feeling great! I am trying to do a strict water and salt fast, it’s going okay but I felt like a cup of tea this evening. I compromised by boiling some water and adding 1/2 a teaspoon of himalayan salt, to my surprise it wasn’t bad, almost like drinking bone broth when you are not drinking bone broth, a clayton’s bone broth.

(Sybella) #109

I’m sure you will be fine and if you post how your feeling you will really benefit from the fantastic support you will get from the others…