June 2018 ZornFast

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #21

Baahaahaaahaaaaa :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #22

Not me, unfortunately.
Best to spread it throughout the day anyway since fasting is so diuretic and sodium/ fluids are washed right through us so quickly

(grace elizabeth) #23

Lite salt? sea salt? himalayan salt?.. does it matter?

(Lonnie Hedley) #24

I integrate the Zornfast into my regular IF window. I close my window by 7pm, so that’s when I start Wednesday night. Window opens at 1pm, so that’s when I end on Sunday.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #25

The Lite Salt matters if you want to add a bit of potassium to your supplementation. The other salts have slight mineral content so are a bit better than table salt but it really is a slight mineral content so you can certainly use table salt. The important thing is that you supplement your sodium.

(grace elizabeth) #26

Thanks, Brenda. I’m not sure if I need potassium or not, but I will figure this all out! I am getting excited for my first Zornfast! My body needs it so so bad. I HAVE to get IR under control. :frowning:

My plan is to go from noon on Thursday to noon on Saturday. I would be THRILLED to do 72 hours. :slight_smile:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #27

Have you done any research on fasting? Remember the glycogen stores are used up between hours 24 and 36, so this is the time where we have the most difficult hunger issues. Remember that hunger comes in waves and it will pass.

(Shayne) #28

I don’t normally ZornFast because I have this thing in my head about being able to eat on weekends, but this month my planned four day fast overlaps. I started last night. I’m planning to go until at least 6PM on Thursday, but depending on how I feel, I might extend it for a day or three. I’m always optimistic about EF, so we’ll see how it goes.

(LeeAnn Brooks) #29

Exercise would speed that up, wouldn’t it?

(TJ Borden) #30

I often start early so I can finish early for the same reason. Durning the week I get busy with work and fasting is pretty easy, but the weekends are tough for me. Either I’m sitting at home bored, so I think about food, or we’re out and about (or aboot for our Canadian friends), and often centers around food and/or alcohol.

(TJ Borden) #31

I’d rather just wait out the clock :joy:

(grace elizabeth) #32

Yes I have done some research, but find myself getting easily confused. The bottom line is I know I have to fast to get my blood sugar down. I don’t take any Rx and doctors most frustrate me and have never helped me. FBS was over 250 but now is hovering around 200. Coming down but still not good. So I do know what to do. Consistency and endurance are my weak spots. I always go to food for “comfort” for lack of a better word.
I have no support IRL so this place is really going to help.
Thanks, Brenda. Your story, like so many others here, inspire me a lot.

(Ellie Baum) #33

I’m doing a week bacon experiment so I won’t be able to start til the weekend

Tell me more…

(Ashley) #34

Just one full week of eating just bacon. 1lb to 1 1/2 lbs for women. 2lbs for men. I’m down 3 lbs since Friday when I started.

Alright!! Jumped in a bit early as the schedule doesn’t quite fit our plans that weekend. In at hour 71 and going for 90 in time for a friends birthday lunch. Most guests keto - so it will be easy to break fast - and stay on course. Feeling good and energetic and finally breaking a 3 month stall. :clap:t2: Yah!!

(TJ Borden) #36

Nice, congrats

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #37

Yes.

I will join on my first Zornfast from Wednesday after dinner. I am getting good on the 24h fasts, but would like to be able to do one longer one every month. I will be happy if i can make it until saturday this time.

(that bacon Experiment, sounds very interesting :bacon: )

(Jack) #39

I’m joining you guys this round, primarily for weight loss, reboot eating habits, fit in my cloths again, and recognizing how much booze I’ve been drinking.

I got so depressed this morning weighing in at 270 lbs. I hate that I let a number on a scale decide how my day begins.

Can’t wait to succeed!

(Lonnie Hedley) #40

Sick last night. Lost 3lbs. Feeling much better today. Glad this happened at the beginning of the week and not during the fast.