JUNE 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

(KCKO, KCFO) #22

I posted Megan’s fasting video from the 2018 Low Carb Breckenridge session in the Resources area. Gonna make you go over there to get the link, because you know you don’t go to the Resources area enough. So much good stuff over there.

(Jessica) #23

Im on day 13 of keto. Ive decided to start my first IF today. Im at 15 hrs right now and feeling fine. Aiming for 24hrs this time and hopig to double it next time!

(back and doublin' down) #24

well now I’ve been there at least once! Thank you!

Have completed 96 hours…actually close to 98. Going at least one more day. Then I’m going to rewatch the Megan video and contemplate a new routine after feasting. Bought all kinds of great groceries to cook this week but hate to give up this feeling I have right now in my gut.

Based on how my body has responded to some broth consumption, I wonder if my stomach empties abnormally slow? could this have to do with no gall bladder? screwed up digestion due to too many years taking Prilosec? Would a longer fast help it heal? Thoughts??

(Ellen) #25

18 hours into a hopefully 72 hour fast, I’ve done it before accidentally, now trying on purpose, fingers crossed. Good luck to one & all with your fasting :grinning:

24hrs in, 48hr fast as we’re out tomorrow night… Ate lots last night so this morning was hard, okay now. Keep strong everyone!

Of the 3lbs which jumped on me over the weekend, 2 have gone this morning, so that’s good! 36hrs & a bit hungry again, but feeling very good.

(Ellen) #28

TMI warning, as of last night Niagra Falls has been re-routed out of my arse (apologies to all Americans/Canadians I didn’t mean to steal one of your natural treasures), unpleasant but at it’s helping the fast as not even thinking of food. Every cloud and all that.

(Raj Seth) #29

I see what you did there. Nice turn of phrase. Me likey :+1::+1:

And after a month long feasting period (was on vacation), and 12 lbs gained, am just ending day 2 of a 4 day, then 5days feasting, then an attempt at a 9 day. (8 has been my longest ever).
Gotta get payback for all that vacation feasting and keeping my BMR up :+1::+1:

(back and doublin' down) #30

Wrapped up my EF last night. 5 complete days! 120 hours! This one went much better than the previous EF, crediting use of bone broth. No scale report, I don’t have one. Feel very good and noticing even my leggings are lose!

Will pick back up with IF 18:6 until end of month. Have a training trip, and will do an EF end of month to compensate for whatever choices come from being in the big city.

Good meal out- keto- & now will fast for maybe 60hrs, til some point on Friday I hope…
I keep reading about people mixing things up to shake the weight loss up- out of interest how often does anyone do that? I’ve done 2 longer fasts during the week & then eaten well at the weekend for about 4 weeks, am losing 0.5-1lb a week, but wondering if a week of OMAD might be good for a change? I don’t know if only eating well at the weekend would lower BMR over a few weeks?

(back and doublin' down) #32

I’m in my 9th(?) week of keto and no two weeks have been the same. I’ve done IFs fairly consistently because I haven’t had ‘breakfast’/eaten in the first 3-4 hours of waking in any of those weeks. some 24 hr fasts, two or three 40 hr fasts. one 3 1/2 days, and just finished my first 5 day. The 5 day convinced me that my body is indeed fat adapted. I look ahead to what’s happening in the week workwise and socially, plan accordingly. It’s worked so far because I am feeling fantastic!

(Shayne) #33

I did OMAD last week. I’m doing 18:6 every day this week. ADF of 36hrs M-W-F next week to build myself up to doing a 4-5 day fast the following week. The longer fast is part of my Hashimotos treatment. Doc says at least 4 days.

Had a rather nasty case of the runs last night, a few hours after eating- thought I’d cracked it by having a couple of small snacks beforehand, but no… unless it was maybe too much magnesium… so will have a break from fasting today & just eat lightly!

(E.O.) #35

Over the past 7-8 days, I’ve completed 3 different 24 hr fasts and have done IF the other days with a 4-6 hr window of not fasting.

(Allie) #36

I’m on the mission of breaking my caffeine addiction so when I water fast, it’s a real water fast…

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #37

I am at hour 38 “on accident”
I wanted to do OMAD this week because I am going to a festival Thursday and Friday and 3rd. day “detox” is just not convenient during concerts and in a place with PortaPotties only…

I was just so not hungry. not even peckish so bizarre on day one…
planing to break the fast tonight at 48 hrs. hungry or not, and then going on with OMAD…

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #38

I should too… probably going back to herbal teas for the transition period…
I have done this successfully in the past, but right now I can’t seem to get there. July seems to be the best time to do it right now though. so much going on in june…

(Allie) #39

I’ve done it numerous times but always go back as I just like coffee… sigh
So my plan this time is, once the actually physical addiction is dealt with, to allow myself coffee every other day so as to have the best of both (coffee but without the addiction).

I’m weaning myself off it this time as there’s no way I want to go through full on withdrawal again, so dropped to one coffee each day and reducing from there…

(Rob) #40

Now there’s a tip I can put to some good use. Next time porta-potties only are in my future, fasting for a couple of days prior!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #41

Yup, 4-5 days in my case. This time it wasn’t doable. oh well…