JUNE 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

(Allie) #262

He tried to swim to me even though he couldn’t even hold his head up so I think he knew I would help him. He’s still hanging on as far as I know, the rescue promised to tell me if his condition changed…

(back and doublin' down) #263

Poignant. Subject of animals feeling our energy and intention came up yesterday during a hike with a friend. Having had a deaf dog, I do believe that animals connect to us in ways we don’t yet fully comprehend or appreciate. Even though I am far away from any swans, and can’t truly imagine having wild ones living near, can see the beauty and compassion in your dedication.

Plus, if you’re fasting, going to help doesn’t interrupt dinner! I get to read for 30 extra minutes on the forum this morning because I’m not preparing lunch. NSVs everywhere!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #264

I am hitting soon 24 hrs here.
I am leaving for barcelona for a week of vacation tomorrow.

I am really on the fence about staying fasted, I just really don’t know what to do about the day 3 cleanse, it would be really inconvenient… :thinking:

(Teresa (turtle)) #265

I am not sure where you currently reside and how long of a plane ride may be in store for you, however, I know that when fasted and flying, esp across continents/time zones, fasting greatly reduces jet lag symptoms.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #266

Well it’s a 3 hour ride from Switzerland, so not much jetlag to begin with. But great to know, thanks. I will probably do this in September when I go for Chile. :+1:

(Allie) #267

Looks like today will be OMAD like yesterday rather than a complete fast, and I just found out that excitement triggers cortisol in the same way as anxiety does! I was just about to start my gym session when someone called to tell me a new swan had been spotted at the lake so I raced over there and had a lovely meeting with a new youngster :heart_eyes: Then when I got home my body was demanding food and I’m certain it was the excitement that caused it. I still did 24 hours so it a major issue.

(Steve) #268

Gonna pull the plug early (Day 5)…we have a family funeral over the next couple of days. Just found out there’s going to be a lunch tomorrow (knew about the one on Thursday, but was hoping I’d find a way around it).
As my father’s so against this, I’m going to pull the plug. I’ll feast for a few days, then kick off another EF to try to help my hernia heal. :slight_smile:

Hopefully they have some keto-friendly options and not all salmon and egg salad sandwiches. :slight_smile:

(back and doublin' down) #269

well…that’d be what threw me back into fasting!

Sorry for the loss, Steve. Funerals are seldom easy. and yes, your fasting muscle will be waiting to be flexed when you are next ready!

(Allan L) #270

Managed to break through 48 hours fasting for the first time this year and woke up this morning @ 60 hrs.

This UK heatwave is making fasting easier and more pleasurable! Staying fasted is helping me deal with the heat and the heat is helping me deal with the fast. :wink:

(Ellie) #271

I started a 60 hour fast yesterday evening. I plan to break it on Friday morning.
I did the Zorn fast and finished on Sunday morning so I’ve had 4 days of normal eating in between these EFs. I hope I’ve not overdone things by doing them so close together.
Also it is pretty hot here in the UK at the moment, so like @allan I’m hoping that the cold effect of fasting will help!

(Shayne) #272

Second ADF this week. I think having the dinner Monday was a good idea but the sweetener I put in my evening warm drink was not as I was hungry early yesterday but still waited for lunch before eating.

I did have my coffee, meds, and supplements this morning but no added sweetener. I know better but I wanted it…

My next meal will be dinner this evening.

(Allie) #273

So we have the perfect weather for fasting and my body is wanting food… meh.

(Allan L) #274

I just broke my fast and oh boy can feel the body temp rising quickly!

(Allie) #275

I’m coping OK so far but about to step outside for the first time since 8am…

Nice to see everyone’s updates! And good luck to U.K. Folks with the heat! It’s cool here where I am in the States but I’m sure our heat is coming…
Second OMAD went fine for me yesterday. Day 3 today.

(back and doublin' down) #277

65 hours in. Had some hunger last night that could have pushed me to foraging instead watched another episode of Westworld and gave my body a good scan for NSVs. Love how my long legs are starting to have more shape and cross easier. Imagined my body cannibalizing the fat and revin’ up the metabolism. Planning on two more days, break it on Friday.

Happy Hump Fasting Day :sunglasses:

(Michelle) #278

I’ve been calling myself IF 16:8 except I’ve had BPC every morning. As a 43 year old woman only 2 months in, I don’t expect weight to be falling off. It occurred to me that my BPC was breaking my fast. So this morning I’m drinking black coffee and I plan to break my 16 hour fast at noon. I miss the creamy flavor, but I don’t feel at all hungry so I think this is probably a positive thing for my keto life.

(back and doublin' down) #279

Congrats on embracing the black coffee. Will be watching to see if you get a noticeable effect.

I use BPC and still call it an IF (and EF for that matter). I’m doing the fasting for weight loss and haven’t seen HWC or butter having a negative effect, plus as Dr. Fung agrees, keeps my fast going. Do notice as I’ve gotten into month 3 of keto that I want less HWC, less of other fatty foods. My work travel last week had some extended windshield time and it’s the first time ever that I didn’t want to eat while traveling.

(Michelle) #280

My coffee was black before keto so it’s no big deal. I normally drink 3 cups, so I am saving my 3rd cup for lunch and I’ll drink it with HWC and butter. I need the BPC fat to get enough fat for the day.

I have PCOS so I’m very insulin resistant. I think the longer fast should help me to burn some fat. When i finally figured out how to calculate my % body fat, I was amazed at how much fat I need to lose.

If I go by “eat when you’re hungry” I really don’t need BPC because I’m not generally hungry until noon.

(back and doublin' down) #281

BPC was in my life way before keto. Years ago read about how butter (fat) of a morning goes straight to the brain and accelerates the caffeine. Not sure of any valid science regarding that, but my n=1 back in those days was positive.

I think I burn more fat on EFs. My EFs are for fat loss and hopeful about digestive repair including reflux. The mental clarity is a nice bonus and with the work week I have, greatly appreciated.