July/August 2020 IF/EFChat Thread (All Welcome)

No simple force can take me away from the kitchen… I am at home almost all the time and I spend too much time in it. Oh well.
When I actually fast, I still need to cook almost the same… It usually helps with fasting, though, I need my food joy even then :slight_smile: There is picking fruits too, maybe half of the year? That doesn’t always help with fasting but I usually can get away not doing it for 1-2 days. Today I don’t fast (well, some very basic IF probably will be there) but I don’t desire any food (that’s why I need a lot of time to have enough. I feel the need) so I need my daily food joy from preparing them, mostly. And coffee. I still cling to it very much but it’s fine for now.

I surely mentioned already a few times, weekends are harder for me. For some reason I may get hungry before noon. Too early, hopefully it will change now that I almost never am hungry at 4pm on weekdays so I often eat later. Lunch is earlier on weekends, I am not alone at home until 3pm (why it matters, I don’t know)… I tend to be more relaxed in the weekends (sorry if I wrote wrong, I researched it about 5 times lately, it’s complicated to me and I keep forgetting what is right in English. it’s too hot now to worry about it), food items, carbs and fast wise alike. It’s not decided, in the contrary, it just happens.

The most perfect day for (starting) a fast is Monday for me. After a potentially more calorie and carb rich weekend I am alone, my SO has leftover food and I had my fun and I desire something strict and simple. I rarely fast at this point but a modest OMAD has huge chances now.

(Bacon for the Win) #10

exactly! now if I can get the spouse to go get groceries tomorrow, I’ll be ok cooking Sunday night.

(Jane) #11

28 hours in and just a couple of mild hunger waves around my normal meal times. Headed to bed soon for some easy fasting hours LOL.

BG: 80
BK: 3.5
GKI: 1.3
Boz: 23

Hopefully with those numbers I will get some good autophagy going while I sleep.

(Bacon for the Win) #12

ran my numbers after 35 hours:

BG: 69
BK: 3.1
GKI: 1.2
Boz: 22

pretty happy with this. Aiming for 72 hours.

(Jane) #13

Excellent numbers!

I broke this morning at 39 hours.

(KCKO, KCFO) #14

I’m doing a lot of OMAD fasts and I did the Zornfast in July. Had my highest ketones level during that, 7.25. I usually stay much lower than that number.

Hope everyone is doing well.

If anyone is getting to maintenance remember there is a thread for that.

(Jane Srygley) #15

Hey fasters!

I did OMAD yesterday and a 34-hour fast last Thursday. As of Friday, I weighed 210 (down from 212.8 before the fast) but my weight actually went slightly UP yesterday so I’m feeling pretty discouraged back here at 212 :roll_eyes: How the hell much do I need to fast in order to make progress??? Drives me batty. I’ve been eating well the past few days but I did have some fruit last week… I dunno!

This week I’m planning on another 34-hour fast on Thursday. KCFO!

(Bacon for the Win) #16

I hear ya sistah! 74 hours fasted and down barely a pound. But you know what? it’s better than where I was before soI guess it will do. KCFO.

(KCKO, KCFO) #17

Do you do intermittent fasting? If you have more to lose, it supposedly works better than OMAD. OMAD is supposed to be best for maintaining, according to Megan Ramos.

I have found that for me, mixing up protocols to work best of all. Keep the body guessing. When I feast, I really feast (keeping it keto tho’.), and when I fast, I have coffee with cream, broth if it is very extended and that is about all.

Almost OMAD today. I have more and more such days, waiting until I am kind of hungry really helps :smiley: But as I don’t eat enough on these days (biggest reason for ‘almost’ today, I added a bite later. or whatever one calls an egg. 2 bites? :)), they won’t be very frequent unless I change my ways a little. We will see. I still consider mixing OMAD and TMAD the best, not too little, not too much, my low-calorie OMAD days (but not too low, it just couldn’t work every day) easily trigger hunger earlier the next day anyway… But it’s just some thought, it has no impact on how I eat, I eat when I feel the need and eating is possible.

Still not ready for EF but I don’t need it now anyway. Maybe in the future. I focus on my ever changing woe now.

(Jane Srygley) #19

Doing my 32-hour fast from 8pm last night to 4am tomorrow morning. So far, I feel like I’m tolerating it better that I did last week. Happy about that!

KCFO :heart:

(Jane Srygley) #20

OMG that sucks!!! I did a 76 hour fast in December so I know that’s SO HARD!!!

Yeah I have to tell myself that I am in a much better weight range than I used to be. I used to wonder if it was even possible to be here, actually. I weighed over 300 lbs for years and couldn’t seem to get below 240 lbs for a long time… so 212/213 is a big improvement even though it’s so far from where I want to be.

(Megan) #21

Ive been trying to skip eating on Tuesdays and Thursdays, giving me two 42 hour fasts a week, but Thursdays are hard, Im not hungry when I get home from work but its normally a kid free night and I LOVE going on dinner dates with my husband. So, the game plan is to gain some willpower and I have no idea how haha.

(Bob M) #22

And you’re even contemplating not having a dinner date and fasting instead? As a parent of 13+10 year olds, it’s hard enough to get any time alone, let to have a dinner date (my wife refuses to go to dinner now due to the pandemic, but even to have time alone is a gift).

Personally, I would rather fast at any other point than then. If you fast a longer time one time per week, does adding one more time mean anything? I’d guess probably not much.

(Jane Srygley) #23

Dr. Fung would say that’s a bad night to do it! Why not Tuesdays and Fridays? Fasting should fit in with your lifestyle. I have chosen Thursday as my 32-hour fast day because I work a half day and it’s the easiest day in the week for me to fast. I do OMAD on Sundays because my hubby does it with me, so again, that’s easy!

(Jane Srygley) #24

Just want to say I made it through another 32 hours!!! I’m really pleased with myself even though the scale was a big meh this morning :unamused:

I decided to make a small change to my food plan so hopefully I’ll be able to avoid gaining back everything I lose on my fasting days. Right now I seem to be on a good maintenance plan, which is incredibly frustrating since I’m working harder than ever.

(Megan) #25

Oh heck no! Im always glad to go grab ANY time with him, but sometimes he likes to have food I dont eat at home, then Im happy to just not eat. (Tuesday he was like a kid all excited about his chicken pot pie! Im Celiac and normally cook gluten free anyways so he likes to splurge hah)

I’m wrapping up a 72 hour fast. I had a great time. I started fasting because I had to do a lot of work in a short amount of time. I’m on a strict therapeutic ketogenic diet. It makes pretty productivity focused and highly motivated. However, being like that can make me lose perspective. The EF gave me a moment to step back from all of that and think about my life. In definitely going to do a 5-10 day fast sometime.

(Jane Srygley) #27

Counting down on my 33-hour fast until 4am tomorrow morning. I decided to do this every Thursday. I will be breaking my fast tomorrow morning with bulletproof coffee (butter & mct oil) so I’ll still be low on insulin until breakfast around 7am.

It’s been a little quiet on this thread lately! How’s everyone doing?

(Jane) #28

Started another short 36-hr fast last night after dinner (bacon and scrambled eggs).

21 hours in and haven’t felt much hunger this time around hardly at all. Not even around my usual lunch time. Will probably get a wave aroudn dinner time but easily ignored.