July/August 2020 IF/EFChat Thread (All Welcome)

(Megan) #21

Ive been trying to skip eating on Tuesdays and Thursdays, giving me two 42 hour fasts a week, but Thursdays are hard, Im not hungry when I get home from work but its normally a kid free night and I LOVE going on dinner dates with my husband. So, the game plan is to gain some willpower and I have no idea how haha.

(Bob M) #22

And you’re even contemplating not having a dinner date and fasting instead? As a parent of 13+10 year olds, it’s hard enough to get any time alone, let to have a dinner date (my wife refuses to go to dinner now due to the pandemic, but even to have time alone is a gift).

Personally, I would rather fast at any other point than then. If you fast a longer time one time per week, does adding one more time mean anything? I’d guess probably not much.

(Jane Srygley) #23

Dr. Fung would say that’s a bad night to do it! Why not Tuesdays and Fridays? Fasting should fit in with your lifestyle. I have chosen Thursday as my 32-hour fast day because I work a half day and it’s the easiest day in the week for me to fast. I do OMAD on Sundays because my hubby does it with me, so again, that’s easy!

(Jane Srygley) #24

Just want to say I made it through another 32 hours!!! I’m really pleased with myself even though the scale was a big meh this morning :unamused:

I decided to make a small change to my food plan so hopefully I’ll be able to avoid gaining back everything I lose on my fasting days. Right now I seem to be on a good maintenance plan, which is incredibly frustrating since I’m working harder than ever.

(Megan) #25

Oh heck no! Im always glad to go grab ANY time with him, but sometimes he likes to have food I dont eat at home, then Im happy to just not eat. (Tuesday he was like a kid all excited about his chicken pot pie! Im Celiac and normally cook gluten free anyways so he likes to splurge hah)

I’m wrapping up a 72 hour fast. I had a great time. I started fasting because I had to do a lot of work in a short amount of time. I’m on a strict therapeutic ketogenic diet. It makes pretty productivity focused and highly motivated. However, being like that can make me lose perspective. The EF gave me a moment to step back from all of that and think about my life. In definitely going to do a 5-10 day fast sometime.

(Jane Srygley) #27

Counting down on my 33-hour fast until 4am tomorrow morning. I decided to do this every Thursday. I will be breaking my fast tomorrow morning with bulletproof coffee (butter & mct oil) so I’ll still be low on insulin until breakfast around 7am.

It’s been a little quiet on this thread lately! How’s everyone doing?

(Jane) #28

Started another short 36-hr fast last night after dinner (bacon and scrambled eggs).

21 hours in and haven’t felt much hunger this time around hardly at all. Not even around my usual lunch time. Will probably get a wave aroudn dinner time but easily ignored.

(Bob M) #29

Since I usually eat two meals a day,that’s the hardest time for me. Good to see you got past that.

(Jane) #30

24 hours in and just some mild hunger - feel fine so will break in the morning as planned.

BG: 81
BK: 2.4
GKI: 1.9
Boz: 34